Cause it's a girls night

Description: tag: Kareena

Offline Artemis Korba

Cause it's a girls night
« on: May 28, 2017, 07:22:38 PM »

@Kareena Galanis

612 words

Artemis had been training under Katina Lagana and living amongst the Sect of Erebus members at the Temple for a little time now, but she had yet to really find her core group of friends like she always had in the schools she had been in. She was used to being adored and having people hang on her words or wonder what it was that she wanted to do or liked because clearly that would be what they needed at that time. Being new and surrounded by mostly older women was an experience that she didn't necessarily like. She would find a new group of friends in the people that came to begin their training there, but for the time being her cousin would have to suffice.

Kareena was... sweet. She wasn't exactly someone Arty would have hung out with in the past unless not given a choice, but she couldn't be picky at the moment and she knew that her dear cousin would probably jump at the chance to do something with her. After all, why wouldn't she? The problem was, Kareena was so innocent and nice and well, that didn't really fit with what Arty was used to. She was used to the people she ran with prior to arriving for training, the core of whom were from high-ranking Houses and had their sights set on bettering their position just like Arty always did. They were... well perhaps ruthless wasn't exactly the right word but she's certainly heard people describe her as such in the past. Ambitious is a far better description as far as she was concerned.

Her cousin lacked that but at least Arty was confident in the fact that the girl would do pretty much whatever she wanted her to do. There was no backbone in that one and most likely there never would be. She could find a way to use it to her advantage... or drop her once there were better people to spend time with. She was good at faking like she actually cared about people though, an art that she only continued to hone while training under the High Priestess. After all, she couldn't stand the woman and would gladly stab her in the back if it meant that she'd be able to ascend to that position, but that certainly wasn't something she was going to broadcast because then her mentor would constantly be looking over her shoulder.

Lessons were done for the day though and she was determined to enjoy her evening, even if that meant spending time with her cousin. Surely she could think of something for them to do that wouldn't remind her just how dreadfully boring Kareena was... Arty wanted to go into town for a bit, though it would have been easier if they could just take the winds but she only wore a Summer-sky and that wasn't a risk she was willing to take just to have a bit of fun. It meant they'd have to take a carriage but spending a little time out would be better than none at all. Maybe they could even find some boys to flirt with, as that would give her a bit of a laugh considering how bad Kareena was at that kind of thing.

First thing first though... she needed to convince her cousin to go out with her that evening. It was why she found herself standing outside Kareena's door, raising her hand to rap gently against the door. When it opened Arty plastered a smile on her face, as if she were actually happy to see the girl, and spoke. "You have any plans this evening cousin?"

All I ever wanted
was the world
BY MITZI

Offline Kareena Galanis

Re: Cause it's a girls night
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 10:22:07 PM »

Even though Kareena had been at the Temple for quite some time now, she still couldn't believe her luck. She had always known that her family would have the influence to get her into the Sect, but she liked to think that she also got in based on her own abilities as well. Kareena may have been young but she had already started working on her craft and she had two aunts who were already members. But likely she got in because of her family, Kareena may have been good at her craft but she didn't think she was that good.

But she wasn't going to let her family down. Kareena would spend all of her days practicing if that would make her family proud, she couldn't afford to let them down now. That was why, once her lessons were down for the day Kareena found herself back in her room with all of her books spread out in front of her. She would memorize every last word if that meant she stood some chance at making her family proud.

It was why she really didn't have any friends here. There were plenty of young girls, she even had a cousin who was training here as well. There was only a year between them, which made them close, or at least Kareena thought they were. Artemis didn't always want to do things with her, but she always just figured her cousin was busy. She was after all in training too, so she also had her studies to focus on. Even if Artemis wasn't busy all the time, Kareena didn't know if she would want to be around her cousin more often. He cousin was different then her, and she did things Kareena didn't always want to do. Of course, she didn't complain and always went along with Artemis being with her cousin was better than being alone.

A sudden knock at her door had Kareena jumping up. She wasn't expecting anyone, so the knock shocked her more than it normally would have. Standing up and carefully stepping over her notes Kareena made her way to the door opening it to see her cousin. "Artemis! I'm surprised to see you." Her cousin must have had a better day than she had if she didn't have to study. She looked back at her notes spread across her floor. "Well I was planning on studying...." She still wanted to study, but she also didn't want to let Artemis down, she too was family so. "But I don't have to if you want to do something?"

@Artemis Korba  

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground

BY MITZI

Offline Artemis Korba

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 07:44:21 PM »

@Kareena Galanis

377 words

It took long enough for her cousin to answer the door that Artemis had wondered for a second if perhaps she wasn't there. There was no question as to whether or not Kareena actually had plans, since Arty knew that clearly wouldn't be the case, but if she wasn't in her room then it would mean the black widow priestess would have to go off in search of where she might be studying. After all, that was all her cousin ever seemed to do. What a boring life... there was so much more to be experienced than simply the inside of a book but that was just one of many differences between the two girls. Kareena was a quiet little mouse who bent easily to the will of others and Arty... well she preferred to be the one bending people to her will.

Her cousin truly did seem surprised to see her, though that didn't really surprise Arty considering the fact that she didn't go out of her way to include the girl. In all honesty, if her friends were around then she never would have bothered with her cousin at all... not unless she wanted a good laugh due to putting her in situations that were out of the girl's comfort zone. It wasn't like she could be overly choosy right now though. Everyone in the sect was so damn serious and she wanted to have a bit of fun. Arty knew she would eventually find a group worthy of her time, but tonight she wanted to go out and Kareena was her best option.

"Do you ever do anything besides study?" Arty asked when she heard her cousin's plans for the evening. She tried her best to keep from sounding judgemental, but she wasn't certain how successful she was at it. That just seemed like such a boring existence to her. There were so many more interesting things to concern oneself with... like boys and power, which were both things she wanted more of. Which brought her back to one of the reasons she wanted to go out in the first place. "I want to go out tonight so your studying can wait. Let's go into town and see what interesting things we can find."

All I ever wanted
was the world
BY MITZI

Offline Kareena Galanis

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 12:27:08 AM »

Kareena had always hoped that maybe one day she would be one of the popular girls, but as she got older she started to realize that it was exactly her. She enjoyed studying and she was far to worried about disappointing her parents to even think about doing horribly in school. It was something that she had gotten mocked out quite a lot but her parents always assured her that those girls were only temporary and she would only have to deal with it for a few years. Kareena clung to that, hoping that it would all nly be temporary, that one day she could be confident in her own skin, like Artemis.

She had always admired her cousin and her cousin's ability to seemingly not care about school and still pass. Plus her cousin was just so confident in herself. That was what she wanted and it was part of the reason Kareena hung out with her. Maybe one day some of the confidence would rub off on her. She could dream it would anyway.

But at Artemis' words all Kareena felt was weak. If she wanted to be more like Artemis she couldn't spend all her days in her room studying, she should go out and have fun. But she didn't know how to do that, Artemis was always the one that dragged her out to places and Kareena never had the courage to go there alone. With Artemis standing at her door though, with an invitation Kareena knew that she should take her cousin up on the offer after all it wasn't every day that her cousin invited her out with her. Taking one last look at her notes all over her floor Kareena was seriously considering saying no before her cousin spoke again, not really giving her a change to say no.

Not wanting to disappoint Artemis Kareena nodded slowly. "Okay. I guess we can do that. But do I need to change?" She wasn't exactly dressed in the fanciest clothing and she had no idea what Artemis had in mind. Artemis always had the better fashion sense out of the two of them anyway so Kareena trusted that her cousin would not let her embarrass herself by wearing the wrong thing.

@Artemis Korba  

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground

BY MITZI

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is taking the world that we all know and expanding it by combining the old lore with new lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

We are officially open! We are looking forward to the wonderful stories our members create and welcoming any newcomers to the site.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Spring - AW101

Please keep the season in mind while posting. The seasons will change on 09/01.

Wanted Spotlight

Duncan
Warlord Prince | PD - Green | LK
"Twin Brother" to Isadora Delancy

C-box

Guest-friendly

Refresh History
  • Skye: NighttimeSky i'll check it out inbetween work & class if i have time if not then definitely tomorrow after class. I remember that I had a thought a bit ago but i can't remember what it was lol
    August 21, 2017, 06:58:54 AM
  • Skye: Aww thanks guest! You're so sweet :) I know we're hoping to be around for awhile
    August 21, 2017, 06:57:00 AM
  • TheNighttimeSky: Ok guys so I made my [link] but I could use some plots and threads to start on
    August 21, 2017, 12:25:33 AM
  • TheNighttimeSky: Same guest, same
    August 21, 2017, 12:23:53 AM
  • Guest717: Used to read Anne Bishop religiously back in the day. Gorgeous premise. I hope y'all stick around forever.
    August 20, 2017, 11:11:21 PM
  • Guest717: I'm from Sutd. Approved the aff request! <3 So glad to have gotten it. I hadn't been here yet until I checked it out.
    August 20, 2017, 11:10:46 PM
  • Guest717: Poking in to say hi! I love this site.
    August 20, 2017, 11:09:52 PM
  • Mae: Graham would love his twin to be around!
    August 16, 2017, 06:59:02 PM
  • Skye: Yes I'd be happy with either of those linked WPs :)
    August 14, 2017, 07:13:01 AM
  • dergon: Shalador MoTG! tho.. i don't think it specifies WP.. >><<
    August 10, 2017, 10:07:18 PM
  • Kirei: Mae has also been looking for a WP twin brother for her Graham: [link]
    August 10, 2017, 02:54:05 AM
  • Kirei: I will review your application ASAP after the lore check is complete!
    August 10, 2017, 02:51:58 AM
  • Kirei: Link = Duncan. :3
    August 10, 2017, 02:51:24 AM
  • Kirei: Good question! I know [link] has been in spotlight rotation for a while. Make sure to check all the court wanteds; there should be plenty of MotGs and other males in good positions to interact with others.
    August 10, 2017, 02:51:14 AM
  • TheNighttimeSky: There are a lot of wanted ads - are there any warlord princes that are more needed than others?
    August 09, 2017, 11:46:24 PM
  • Skye: o.o
    July 28, 2017, 06:07:20 PM
  • Salem: 0.0
    July 28, 2017, 04:55:48 PM
  • dergon:
    July 27, 2017, 11:44:25 AM
  • Kirei: Take your time! We look forward to playing with you when you get back. :3
    July 24, 2017, 11:20:27 AM
  • Skye: Totally fine. Have fun on your trip!
    July 24, 2017, 03:49:12 AM
  • TheNighttimeSky: I know there's no application timer, I just wanted to say. (My trip is a week).
    July 23, 2017, 11:14:16 PM
  • TheNighttimeSky: Hello, um, don't like leaving semi-important messages in the cbox but I just wanted to say that I was so excited that I made the bad decision to join the night before a business trip. Please be extra patient with me as I work around my schedule. I know that when I was an admin I'd pass cat-like, silent judgement, so I just wanted to leave a word or two to explain.
    July 23, 2017, 11:13:35 PM
  • Skye: Welcome thenighttimesky!
    July 23, 2017, 09:13:31 AM
  • Kirei:
    July 20, 2017, 01:58:06 PM
  • Siera:
    July 19, 2017, 11:12:22 PM

Recent Topics

A Lady Knows Best by Eloise Berengier
[Today at 12:03:21 AM]

Delgado, Roslyn by Roslyn Delgado
[August 21, 2017, 11:22:03 AM]

Bhide, Sebastion by dergon
[August 21, 2017, 10:45:35 AM]

Ready for Review by dergon
[August 21, 2017, 10:41:18 AM]

Second Chance at a First Impression by Isadora Delancy
[August 20, 2017, 08:31:20 PM]

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.