Teatime Anytime
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:32:54 PM »

Selinda yawned and stretched as she looked out her window at the sun that had just barely started to peek over the horizon. She loved her shop and her job and everything that came with it, but she also loved these few short moments at the beginning of the day where nothing important needed to be done, before she went downstairs and started to prepare the shop for business. She didn’t mind the work, enjoyed it even, but contrary to what most of her customers thought, tea and her shop wasn’t all she thought about...just most. With one last stretch she checked her clothing in a nearby mirror, then made her way down the stairs that exited into the store’s supply room. Bri would arrive soon to help her with the opening chores but there was no reason she couldn’t get them started.

She walked out of the store room and moved behind the counter, filling several pots with water and setting them over small tongues of Witchfire. These pots would be for the customers that ordered specific teas instead of the pre-made ones she always kept brewed. Once that was done she moved over to the bakery section of the store and started getting things ready for Bri. Where Selinda was passionate about teas, her sister was just a passionate about baking and her talents kept Cuppa full of delicious smelling baked goods that complemented her teas perfectly. She turned her head when she heard the backdoor of the shop open and close, and called out to her sister. “Bri! I’ve got all the baking stuff ready for you when you’re ready!”

Bri yelled her thanks as she came out from the back and started to get the baked goods ready for the day. As her sister busied herself with the baking, Selinda went about brewing the teas she kept made and ready to serve and then went to set that tables and do a bit of cleaning. Once the first muffins came out of the oven, it was time to open. She walked over to the front door, waving to the few people who had already gathered outside and opened the door, welcoming each by name, as they were all regular customers. One older woman even stopped and asked her when she was going to find a nice man and settle down, and Selinda just laughed softly.

“If I can find a man who will put up with my tea obsession, maybe I’ll snatch him up, till then, I’m content with where I am.” The woman patted her cheek lightly and went to the counter to talk to Bri. Selinda breathed in the mornings air, still a bit crisp even though Spring had already arrived, and smiled. Today would be a good day.

Tea in the morning, tea in the evening, tea at supper Time,
466 words  @Graham Hawke Open