Rose to Opal
  • Black Widow
  • Played By: Jenn

War Bride of Isidore
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    14 Posts    105 marks
Re: A New Reality
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 12:20:48 AM »

"True," she grinned at him as his eyes indeed rose and he sighed at her. She quite enjoyed the banter, even if it was more one sided than two.

She knew he'd done something to her to get her to sleep for so long and so heavily but she had assumed he'd drugged her instead of used spells. His Ebon-gray was potent and she could be grateful he'd used his own jewels to fuel them. It could have been dangerous, draining her to the point of no return. She was proud of the fact she didn't stiffen or move away from him when he pressed a side into her shoulder. "Apparently," she murmured with amusement as her stomach squealed again.

Closer and closer he moved. The heat of him soaking into her skin and Tait cursed herself for not being polite enough and obnoxious enough not to get that shirt. She would regret her actions now. Eyes closed as she listened to his words. Done nothing to harm her. Maybe not her body but there were more ways to harm someone than harming them physically. "I'm aware that you haven't taken me Nazaire," she told him, "And even if you asked me it's not in me to do either of those things." A proud tilt of her head.

"But is it truly a choice?" she asked with a shrug and a hand palm up, "Wither away under some kind of strain, taken by force or live here as your wife. Wear my body down until I can't move or be the wife of a Warlord Prince? No, it's not much of a choice, Nazaire. I'll stay." For now, but she didn't voice those words. She shrugged again, "Who am I to know what is actually going on in that head? Cower and cry, pant like a bitch in heat. Who knows which it will be."

Tongue darted out to touch her full bottom lip as he licked the juices clean from his knuckles and Tait could feel the heat rise in her cheeks. Tamping the feeling down she asked, "Why make more work for the poor woman when a simple napkin works as well?" She blinked against the early morning sunlight.

She leaned forward to gaze out the window, nakedness forgotten to see what he showed her. A boy running up the path. "Cute," she said as she leaned back to grab a lettuce wrap, "Bet his mother misses him terribly."

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    88 Posts    94 marks
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 02:08:04 PM »

Isidore watched her eyes close with curiosity. Feeling her with probes of Sapphire. Fear? Some strange display of her stubbornness? He couldn't tell without digging. Listening in turn as she insisted, still, that there would be none of this cowering he had not even tried to get her to do. She was, he thought, purposely misunderstanding him. ”You do not have to be a lonesome mountain, weathering the storm and eroding with time. Instead be like the palm tree, Tait. Learn to bend when the storm comes, and then you will never have to break.”

He didn’t know if she had seen one before. They did not grow in Glacia. But they did not stop their women folk from adventuring to foreign lands. There were plenty to see from the window, though. A long finger pointing to one that swayed its broad leaves in the wind.

”It is a choice. Yes, there would be hard work but it is fair work, as long as you are here. I cannot, of course, make guesses as to how others on the island or in Pruul, treat their slaves. In my house, though, good work and loyalty will see a slave elevated in due time. There are slaves in Glacia, do not pretend such ideas are foreign to you.” So what if freedom was more easily earned there? The work was harder by nature of the harsher environment. ”A pretty, clever slave girl will be treated well here as long as she makes herself useful.”

Licking his lips again he grinned over his hand at her blushing. Thinking that she would have let him lick it from her face if he had tried. ”A wife, though, is a wife. Free to do anything except leave the island. Rewarded with a share of my riches, and a great deal of my personal affection. You would not be the only wife, either, I must have a native woman as well. So the running of the house will not be your duty. You will keep a bed of your own, in a room of your own- this one most likely. And I will only join you in it half the time.”

He would have to make children with this mysterious black widow Eulalie had chosen. Hopefully she would be pretty. Or compliant at the very least. He was curious but not in a hurry to find out.

”Well I have none.” He said of napkins. Turning instead to the window, and the boy. Watching his quick feet carry him to the house. Final destination the office on the second floor. Isidore would not bend his mind to work today, though. That was for tomorrow, so he could have more time to recover before facing Eulalie again. And meeting the Lady Chant he was to marry.

Mother Night she had better really be a virgin.

Eyebrows low he watched her take more food from the plate. Then shrugged, ”I doubt it. She was the one that sold him, and his older sister, to me for half of what they might have cost on the block in Raej.”

Naive young thing, to think the world was colored in black and white. Right and wrong. She would learn today that these islands were gray. As gray as the Jewel he wore as a ring. When the wedding was over he would take her to watch a runaway lashed. Skin torn by the whip for attempting to escape. If that did not dissuade her then the tracking spell he wove around her Opal with the full strength of his Ebon-gray surely would. Smiling kindly he brushed her shoulder. ”There now. So you don’t get lost while exploring your new home.”

His eyes drifted shut but he was watching still. If she shifted to reach him with her poisoned finger he would know. ”Ah, yes, here comes Rochelle with clothes. You may cover up.” He did not open his eyes, too tired still. They would  have to bring coffee. But he did he offer her the shirt to hid her nakedness while Rochelle brought in a rolling cart where several fine day dresses hung on wire hooks. The interruption was brief. The housekeeper busy with all this talk of wives and weddings. ”You must stay on this floor of the house for now. There is a sitting room with a view of the ocean and a small library. You may use both. I have to leave you for a few hours, I’m afraid. I need a bath of my own and sleep.”

Tait Spinner

Rose to Opal
  • Black Widow
  • Played By: Jenn

War Bride of Isidore
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    14 Posts    105 marks
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 07:55:49 PM »
Eyes followed his finger as he told her do as the palm tree and bend with the storm. She shivered at the words, a storm was coming and if Tait wanted to remain unharmed she would need to bend. She sighed. "I'll play your game," she told him softly, "We have slaves. Servants more like, but I would never have been a servant. Ever. I have no desire to be a slave, so I'll play it your way." Spoiled and loved. Tait would never have had to worry about whoring herself out to get ahead.

She could play the wife game. Play it until she believed it herself. Play it until she could go home. It shouldn't take long. Free rein of the island, to seek and search and sneak, and all she had to do was be nice. Play nice and she could find her way home. "I suppose that's a good thing. I never was good at running a household," she watched him grin over his hand, "It's a nice room, it'll do." Half time was better than full time, she mused to herself.

She shrugged at his statement to hide the disgust she felt at the fact. Children were supposed to be celebrated and loved. Not sold like cattle. "Such is life." Probably sold the girl to the highest bidder. Let the other slaves have at her. Tait had no doubt she'd find the girl wandering broken and insane around the island.

The spell was heavy on her. She stiffened as he brushed at her shoulder. He'd coated her Opal with his Ebon-gray. The tracking spell would never be broken by her. A stubborn line cast to her jaw, teeth clenched against the intrusion. "Wonderful," she said dryly, "Getting lost was the last thing I wanted to do." She didn't have time to stab him with her poison finger, though it had been poised to do just that, when his maid came through the door.

She scowled at the words he threw at her like permission. She may cover up but she wasn't going to. She did take the shirt he offered and draped it across her lap. The maid was welcome to a look at her breasts, Tait didn't care, but she didn't need to take a peek between Tait's thighs. She waited for the woman to leave before shift to stand and padding towards the dresses left behind. She flipped through them and had to admit they were fine.

"Shall I miss you while you're gone?" she asked as she took a hanger down and pressed the material to her front. Yes, it would do.

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    88 Posts    94 marks
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »

A game? His eyebrows lifted briefly. If that was how she needed to frame the situation then Isidore would let her be. Women, at their very cores, wanted to be spoiled and well loved. He could do those things. Easily and readily. Time would turn her game into a pleasant reality. The only question was if it would take weeks or years. Luckily Isidore had both.

”Mm, it is not a skill easily learned or enjoyed by all. I have several estates that must be managed and maintained while I am away. Best to leave it to a woman trained for such things.” Certainly not to a slave that would sell it all in a bid for freedom the second his back was turned.

Looking around the room he shrugged his shoulders. The room was the biggest other than the master suit. His father had not kept a war bride. So the room had been Isidore’s until he took over the household. ”Yes, it is nice. It will need more furniture, I think. You will have to go shopping later in the week.” Once his first set of nuptials had been completed.

”Yes.” Such was life. ”I am glad to have them. He is likely the fastest boy in Paon. And the girl has been a clever apprentice to the cook.” One door closed on their young lives. But they had embraced the new one Isidore opened up for them.

She did not like it. The tracking spell he attached to her Jewel. There was no other way. Nothing else he could place the spell on. Other than her body. Which he did sometimes with the slaves that made him worry. ”This is just for now. In a few weeks when we are married, I will move it to the ring I give you. Don’t worry, it only feels strange for a little while. You’ll forget it’s even there in a couple of hours.”

Rochelle came in then. Leaving behind the well made silks and cottons. A reward for Tait’s tolerance during their first meeting. His hopes were high. Once she realized there was nothing to escape from, they would have a fun time together. She would not have needed to give him so much temper if she wasn’t already growing fond of him. When they were not interested in him as a man, they always devolved to fear and tears.

”Not this time,” He smiled slow as she admired one of the dresses. Standing up slower than he had before. A few hours of sleep would make his back feel better too. ”But my bed is comfortable and warm if you get too lonesome.” The door rarely locked. Once there was a first wife in the house it would not be allowed, though. At least not while she was home. Women were territorial creatures, too, he had learned.

Before he left the room he touched the dress she held in her hands. ”Green is a good color for you.” Brought out the range of shades in her eyes and made her hair brighter. ”Rochelle wears the Rose as a descent if you need to reach her on a thread. I will see you at dinner.” He kissed her cheek and took one last look at her bare backside before leaving.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Summer - AW102

The seasons will change on 01/19.

Recent Topics

the queen of friendship by Nyree
[Yesterday at 10:34:23 PM]

Spies by Kirsi
[Yesterday at 05:15:21 PM]

secrets of fields and ponds by Neha Rajani
[Yesterday at 08:10:09 AM]

Pray for the Wicked by Yash Mishra
[October 19, 2018, 04:03:57 PM]

Tantrums [CW] by Catriona Blackthorn
[October 19, 2018, 09:04:07 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner
May 2018 Featured RPG