Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord
  • Played By: Jones

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
the pond
« on: July 11, 2018, 08:25:53 PM »

Low and long the house harkened back to the earliest days of Glacia. Wooden slates left bare. Their grain protected from the elements with a coat of clear paint. Today all the windows were open as was the front door. Thrown wide as Luta swept clucking chickens and dirt from the porch. She gave a small wave as the wagon rolled to a stop out front. Loic raised his hand back, then turned to help Nor down.

”Not as smooth a ride as the sleigh,” He apologized, ”a little faster though.” Which was nice while he was in a hurry to get her there. Now he was ready to take his time. Afternoon cleared so that they could collect eggs and visit her little caribou.

He made quick work of unhooking Rudolf from the harness. And the cheeky oaf was quick to make his way to Nor with all her pockets. ”Mother Night, Rudy, she doesn’t have to give you a treat every time you see her.” He complained, smacking the heavy rump as it passed by. Pouting Rudy gave a honk and wandered towards the open barn. A small scattering of the domesticated herd hovering in the distance.

Back of his hand passing by his lips he chucked his thumb up towards the house. ”Let me show you where the hens lay their eggs.” His mother had wanted to collect them herself. A basket set aside on the kitchen counter, preservation spell keeping them fresh. It was just a ploy to get Nor into the house, though, and if he let his mother do that he would lose every minute he might have spent with her. They would chat for hours.

He much rather help her pick from the freshly laid clutches. It would be fun to search through the blueberry bushes and old flower pots. ”Do you have a basket?” He thought to ask. Leading her around the back of the house. They passed his father there. A soft nod of the head for Nor and a slap to the back for Loic. Not a word otherwise. He was too busy working a whetstone over mother’s kitchen knives. An overturned bucket making his seat.

The chicken scattered as he showed her the coop. A spot near the garden where they all slept at night. During the day they let them roam, a lot like the caribou. Animals just did better when they felt free. ”You were quiet. On the ride over. Everything, um… you okay?” Not that quiet, they had talked. But something was on her mind, he thought. Things were different.

Nor the Artist

Summer-sky to Purple Dusk
  • Priestess
  • Played By: dergon

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
Re: the pond
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 08:51:57 PM »

”Don’t listen to him, Rudy,” Nor whispered, slipping a cracker from her pocket to the caribou before Loic ran him off. ”It wasn’t too bumpy,” Nor assured him. She liked the sleigh better, she thought. But both modes made her nervous, even though nothing worse than a bump or dip had happened. Rudy had never even skidded them on the ice.

Smiling she pulled his hand from his mouth, pushing it back down to his side as she peeked past him at the house. A wave for his mother before she nodded.

”I’d like that.” Nor had always bought her eggs from someone. And had rarely been near a chicken. Sticking near Loic’s side, she followed him, eyes wandering from his face to the caribou past the barn and back again ”I do.” A new one because she’d left her old one in the mess on Beatrice’s doorstep.

”Afternoon!” She called it in as they passed his father, leaning to smile at him and peer at his work. Nor shook her basket at Loic. It was small and square, but deep. And the design it was woven from was nice, she thought. ”Think I can get a weeks worth in it?” She asked him.

Nor loved it all. The chickens. The coop. The garden too, was beautiful. Laughed as they ran from them. Clucking and squawking as if she were already after their eggs. ”I think they know,” she whispered, as the last one jumped a fence and fled her. Wished some of the caribou would wander closer. Nor was admiring the secretive chicken rooms, when he spoke. Question making her blush.

”I am. I’m sorry.” Nor left off the chicken coop, though it was easier when she wasn’t looking at him. He was so relaxed and happy here. He was happy in town too, but not as relaxed, Nor thought. ”I had a letter from my sister yesterday. She’s talking of visiting.” Nor couldn’t imagine why. Stavangar had nothing to interest her. Other than Nor. And Nor was sure to disappoint. ”I didn’t see any eggs in their little house-nests, are you sure there is enough?”

She didn’t want to rob them of their breakfasts too. But she hadn’t had eggs in ages. She was starting to resent her breakfasts.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:00:50 PM »

”I don’t know,” Loic caught the bottom of her basket between his hands. Lips twisting as he pretended to consider its size then did the same to Nor. Looking her over theatrically, and maybe really looking a little. ”How many eggs do you eat a day?” A week’s worth of his own breakfast would definitely not fit. Nor was smaller, but she had darker jewels to feed. His descent her Birthright. He didn’t know what it was to fuel a Purple Dusk. Though he imagined the Jewel suited her well. Sunset colors for a woman that could ink dreams to your flesh.

All that bright attitude bursting out of her eyes as she took in the hens and their patch of yard. Laughing he touched her elbow reflexively, ”Probably.” He didn’t tell her there were only three reasons to come out among the chickens. And the chickens knew all three. His mother was the only one that ever fed them or took their eggs. When one was destined for a supper pot, it was Loic that came. The only one fast enough to chase them down.

Something was wrong, he decided. Cheeks turning pink as she apologized for having her mind elsewhere. ”Don’t be.” He was trying harder not to apologize for every breath he took. Wanting Nor to think he was worth being more than just a friend was making everything more complicated.

”Oh?” She didn’t talk much about her sister. Loic wondered what she was like, and what they were like when they were together. ”That’s nice.” He guessed, having no siblings of his own. If he did he imagined visits would be welcome. From the other side of the chicken coop he looked between her and a very upset hen that he was sure wanted to peck him. Poking her feathered chest with craft to keep her from trying to chase him off.

Ducking his head to look into one of the cubbies he sighed. ”There are plenty, don’t worry.” He threw a glance over his shoulder at a wide window. It was placed over the kitchen sink. And his mother was standing there, probably on tiptoe, watching them out of it. He gave her a sour face, and mouthed the question, eggs?.

They were all in the house, he was certain of it. Watching the slow smile work across his mother’s mouth. ”Um. Let’s check in the blueberry patch. They lay a bunch in there.”

A dull tap pulled his attention to the back door. His father knocking dirt from his boots. Loic reached to him with a thread. Advise. Help. Control your wife. There was a shifting of shoulders. But his dad came over slowly, rolling his whetstone between his hands. ”I think your mother picked them all.” He confirmed. With a blush Loic nodded, standing upright with his hands on his hips.

They stood there for a long moment. Graying father to dark haired son. Staring. Trying not to laugh. ”I told Nor she could pick them herself, now mum’s turned our afternoon around just to get her in for tea.” He complained.

Laefstan rubbed the stubble on his chin with his knuckles. Eyes at the sky while he thought. Apparently Luta didn’t think it was fair, that her husband got to talk them while she was in the house. Before Loic could figure out a reason to rush Nor off she had joined their little circle. Apron flapped as she smiled. ”Well. You could show her the pond instead.” His father suggested.

”Oh. I used to love when we would go to the pond.” His mother chimed. Leaning into her husband’s side. They exchanged a knowing grin that sent Loic blushing. Before he could complain his mother raised her eyebrows in excitement, as if she’d just had the best idea. ”Or you could come in. I have the kettle on.”

Knuckles on his lips as he turned to Nor, ”Up for a short hike?”

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »

”I don’t think you’re supposed to ask a lady that,” Nor laughed. Her body hummed beneath his perusal. She swung the basket free of his hand, and playfully at his leg. ”Rudy isn’t the only knave!” She teased, some of the tension slipping from her body. It would be alright. She and Loic could still be friends.

The chickens helped too. And the fresh air. No walls to close in on them, or red moon girls to hint at hidden knowledge. Half shared, but the key to the lock still missing. With new sights, and sounds, and smells, it was easier. Besides, Loic was good company. Nor turning to smile as he gripped her elbow. Probably. Poor chickens! Their unhatched children raided for omelettes.

”I think that depends on what she is coming for.” Nor cautioned. She regretted that she and Lis could not manage a closer relationship. And yet. Nor didn’t want to think about Lis. But she didn’t want to think about Loic either. She’d enjoyed the easy companionship they had shared. Wanted it back without all the wondering. Underside of what?

Ducking with him, Nor looked again into the nests. Still empty.

”If you’re sure.” She frowned at the empty nest. And then at the loud cry of the last, lingering chicken. ”That sounds like a great idea. Will there be blueberries too?” A feast for now and a feast for later. Nor didn’t want to be greedy, but if there were berries... well! She wanted some before Rudy ate them all. A tapping drew bother their attention. Loic’s father beating mud from his feet before slowly ambling over.  Nor liked looking at then together.

Her fingers itched for a sketchpad and pencil.

”Tea?” She asked, feeling like she’d missed half the conversation. Shifting closer to Loic, Nor vanished her basket. ”It’s alright.” She could buy eggs in the market same as anyone else. Just not from Beatrice. Though Nor didn’t know who else sold eggs. Maybe she would ride the Wind up to Fyrkat. Or down to Meols. She frowned, thinking. Long trips, whichever way she went. Remembered to smile when his mother came up, whispering a hello beneath his father’s talking.

They were a beautiful, dizzying bunch. Nor laughing because she didn’t know if she was coming or going. Chickens and blueberries and parents. She took her cue from Loic, however. Nor was often hard pressed to say no to tea, but today, today she wanted for her and Loic.

”I am,” she assured him, hand half reaching for his. ”It was nice seeing you both!” She told his parents over her shoulder as Loic whisked her off toward the pond she knew nothing a out. ”Maybe after, we can do tea,” she whispered once his mother was out of hearing range. It would be welcome after walking around. Tea was Nor’s favorite.

Comfortable and happy beside him, Nor looked around. Tried to find something to fill the silence that wasn’t food related.

”We don’t get on, my sister and I.” Nor told him. ”She fusses at me worse than that chicken back there.” Her shoulder brushed him. Head tipped back to face the sky. Nor sighed. It was beautiful. ”You don’t have any siblings, do you?”

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 11:12:43 AM »

His hand moved because hers did. Knuckles meeting in the space between them. Palm turning up before he realized what he was doing. Nor didn’t pull away, she didn’t react at all. Unsurprised to find them holding hands as if that had been her intention all along. For Loic it was a reflex to her reaching; though he had been looking for a way to stop their overwhelming her. The emotion almost hidden under those sky blue eyes and smiles. Loic could taste it though in his always hovering probes. They were close, he and his parents. So close that they didn’t need words to have a whole conversation. Blame and bashfulness all worked out in a few sentences that could leave a person outside of the family feeling confused.

Loic would take her to the pond. Where they could be alone a while. Father giving another nod and mother wagging her fingers at their retreating backs. Still nervous she would realize where their hands were any minute Loic’s fingers flexed lightly. ”Good, we can get you some of those eggs, too.” Since his mother had tried to get her way by hoarding them all.

Silliest woman in Glacia, he thought sometimes. But he didn’t want to think about his mother anymore. They followed a seldom used trail into the rocky hillside behind the farm. Not a long walk but the gradual rise was too much for his parents these days. There would be no one up there to intrude.

”I can’t imagine what she finds to fuss at you about.” Loic admitted. Glad she had breached the growing silence while he still fumbled for a way to fill it. Sorry that her sister made her feel anything less than perfect. Absently leaning towards the point where her shoulder brushed his bicep. Head shaking in answer to her question.

It wasn’t the sort of conversation that made for a romantic walk. He didn’t think. Not that he was trying to… At least not on purpose. Stomach fluttering up in his chest he breathed deep to stifle a sigh. ”They tried for a long time before and after but it’s just me.” Born and blessed at the temple the very same day. His mother had insisted. When she was being very sentimental she pulled out the thick wrap his father had carried him to the priestess in.

”You know this was all Nukti land once.” He told her, pointing to a distant line of smoke in the sky. ”My family married into the tribe generations ago; its where we learned to tend the herds. We aren’t actually related anymore, but in the winter, when the pond get its first layer of ice they come up here and dunk their new warriors in it.” As a small boy he had watched the ceremony a time or two. Young men proving their strength and testing their jewels in the frigid water. A pact from long before Loic’s time assuring the nomades could continue the tradition.

Cresting another low hill the pond spread out under them. Hemmed in by tall rocks almost all the way around. Fed by some underground source that kept the water fresh. Without thinking through the offer he suggested, ”We could swim.”

What was the point of dragging her up to just look at the water?

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 11:50:59 AM »

Neither of them had let go. Nor didn’t noticed until she was using the hand already in hers to help herself over a jut of stone. Not nearly as nimble as Loic, Nor realized she lead a very sedate life. Occasional walks in town. Occasional tumbles in bed. But that was alright, because she had Loic to hold on to. And hold on Nor did.

”Oh, she will find something, even if she has to look under my couch to find it.” An almost laugh. Too breathless by the walk and too annoyed by her sister for real laughter. Flustered, too, by the way Loic leaned. Nor leaned back, body instinctively taking her where she wanted to be. Her fingers curled, traced the hollows between his knuckles. Under where?

”They are twice lucky in you, then.” He was a good son, Nor knew. A good man. Good to his parents and his herds, and her too. Everyone, really. Nor had never heard a cross word about him from anyone. Probably been good to Beatrice too while she’d been biting and clawing the hell out of him and fucking his hired help behind his back.

It made her so angry!

”What?” Nor asked, jerked from her anger by his words. She expelled it, turning Beatrice from her mind and paying attention to Loic, and the wide skyline he pointed out. ”Oh,” she breathed. It was beautiful. Almost as if all of Glacia was right there waiting for them to fall into. Smoke on the horizon the only hint that they were not totally alone in all the world. ”Perfect!” Nor pronounced, wishing she had a sketch book. ”Except for the warrior dunking part, that sounds insane.” She smiled and followed him on.

Maybe she could get him to bring her back again some time so she could draw it. And this too. Nor paused, eyes drinking in the sight. Lips parted. She had been too much in her shop to be so frozen by natures beauty. She needed to get out more. Maybe after her moon time, when her Jewels were settled again, she would go for a trip. Just a quick one, to soak up the world again.

”Its so beautiful,” she told Loic, as if he couldn’t see it for himself. Nor almost leaned right into his side. Content just to stand there and look at it. But she liked his idea too, ears turning pink beneath her hair. ”It won’t be too cold? And no leeches right?” Nor let go of his hand so she could work her boots loose, plopping down on a convenient stump. ”Because last time I went skinning dipping, there were leeches.” She shuddered, stuffing her socks into her boots and wiggling her toes.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »

”That says more about her than it does about you.” Loic said gently. Some people were just that way. They needed something to fuss about. Sometimes it stemmed from love, sometimes less pleasant emotions. He wouldn’t judge this unknown sister’s motives. If she did come, though, he hoped she kept her opinions to herself. There wasn’t a single thing about Nor, or her couch, that he wanted to see changed.

Thumb stroking along the side of her pointer finger he laughed off the talk about his parents. ”They haven’t tried to be rid of me yet.” He wasn’t sure they were lucky. Sometimes he wished there were more he could do. They never complained that he hadn’t filled their expectations. Not once. House always full of listening ears and love, even with just the three of them. But the older she got, the less his mother talked about wives or grandchildren. Now she’d never run around with them. Hips too sore to roll through grass or chase them up hills.

He was glad when the scenery became their focal point. Heart warm with the look on her face. A gentle appreciation for the land he tended. Not unnerved or disinterested by the wildness that remained. ”It’s a little crazy, but I think if they made sense to us they wouldn’t be so interesting.” He liked them as much as he liked the wilderness. Which was almost as much as he liked his caribou. When they came to trade they always had interesting stories about wars between tribes and ancient gods of the Blood. Dragons whose scales still lit up the night sky on occasion.

When his cheeks got hot this time it wasn’t bashfulness filling Loic up. Face turned down to watch hers looking out at the pond. ”Yeah, yeah it is.” He had seen it so often he had never thought about the actual sight. She was right. It was beautiful. Twice as beautiful with her standing there to appreciate the view. The moment passed quick as she stooped to start unlacing her boots.

And the depth of what he’d suggested hit him. ”No. Uh. It should be warm enough.” His mind was rattling. Skinny dipping? Naked swimming? He stood there, one hand hiding in his pocket and the other teasing the hairs on his scruff. Was she really going to undress? He didn’t know what else he had expected. Laughing at the freedom dance her toes did. Looking around as if someone might come to save him from himself. ”I’ve been swimming in it since I was big enough to walk. Never had any leeches.”

Were they going to be naked together? Should he leave on his pants. He moved slow, taking on knee and taking his time to loosen his bootstraps. Untucking the hems of his sturdy pants and seeing his socks tucked away before turning to the other leg. If he took long enough she would go first. Then he’d know how much she expected him to take off. Loic tried to keep his mind on his breathing instead of on the clothes that fell away. Not looking forward to standing up again, when the proof that he couldn’t help a few furtive looks would be on display.

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »

”Maybe,” Nor rocked on her heels as she thought about it. ”Or maybe if we just got over ourselves, and our way of doing things, we would understand them better. Or at least not think them crazy.” Her nose wrinkled in amusement, eyes drawn from the sight to the path down to the pond. Body tingling as all the little hairs along it stood up.

”Its still crazy,” she whispered to Loic as they went. Not sure if it was the pond or that stroke along her finger that had done it. Body humming like a plucked cord. It quieted some when Nor let go of Loic to work at her boots, and that decided her. The pond was beautiful, but not that beautiful. It made her hesitate just a second. Unsure if the sensation made their friendly gambit of nude swimming more or less than it was.

Loic didn’t seem sure either when she glanced up at him. But then, Loic often blushed and rubbed at any part of himself he could get his hands on. Usually his lips. Nor stood up on her bare feet, the dirt strange beneath them. He hadn’t said no.

”That long? I learned late, I think. And then mostly by necessity.” Not quiet looking at him as she rambled, Nor angled her body toward the water, and pulled her shirt over her head. ”I fell over the rail of the ship and right into a lake.” Luckily they’d been squatting in the lake. Nor was still sure Lis had pushed her, pants following her shirt, vanished so she didn’t have to leave them in the dirt.

The rest followed as she walked out to the water, and then in. Pale flesh prickling as she went in.

”Come on, Loic!” He was loitering. Nor flashed him a smile over her shoulder, evincing more confidence than she felt. ”I’ve already seen it anyway!” Tongue tight to her teeth, Nor tried not to look again. Now that he was out in the open. Not in a half shadowed barn covered in Beatrice’s marks. Or half buried in Beatrice herself. Tried and failed, a flush spreading down her neck and into her stomach.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 04:55:33 PM »

”You’re kidding!” Loic looked up from his second boot in disbelief. Tongue lingering on his lip. She was facing the water. Arms lowering after raising her shirt. He couldn’t see anything, he reasoned, fingers working between his neck and collar. Just the curve of her shoulder and the dip of her spine down her back. Hair spilling across her shoulders like sunshine.

She was gorgeous. Hips wide but waist narrow. He’d never realized it before. Soft and curvy. Would his hands fit around her like a belt?

Burrow face against his knee he tugged of his second sock. Not looking. He wasn’t going to do that to her. Not when she trusted him so much she could strip naked in the middle of nowhere without being afraid. Standing up he nudged a stone out from under his foot.

Taking his shirt off was alright. Loic sucked his lower lip pensively. Tossed the brown cotton tshirt aside onto the stump Nor had used as a seat. Hesitated at his pants. Trying to focus on his belt buckle instead of the woman. Round bottom as perky and welcoming as the rest of her. Shifting with every step as she slipped gracefully into the water.

That was when he realized he’d left himself standing there on display. Throat working to unstick he tried to smile back. Voice thready as he finally pulled the leather out of his belt loops. ”I am.” Then he blushed into his bare shoulder. Head hanging while he unfastened the wooden button on pants. Not sure if he wanted to laugh or run back home. She had seen it already. But there was no one else here to blame his hardness on now. Nor would know it was for her.

Not that she didn't deserve the reaction. Body all sorts of right. That didn’t make Loic less embarrassed to work his trousers down. Bringing the thin undershorts he wore with them, all in one quick motion. Ready to get it over with. Dick definitely prouder of itself than he was of it. Trying not to rush like a fool he walked into the water too. Still blushing. Worried about her opinion. The silly part was over though, right? They were adults. There was nothing wrong with their nakedness. ”Has it made its way into your book already then?” He joked, waist deep in the water. Tossing a floating bit of tree limb onto the shore with a flick of craft.

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »

”Nope!” Nor laughed, making her hair shake down her spine, enjoying his reaction. Its why she made the story that way, words to cause a reaction. Hopefully jolt him a little out of his worrying, because Nor got the sense he was worry. Got the sense too that his eyes were wanting her. Body humming again.

Nor wasn’t ashamed of it. Not an inch of her flesh. It rarely saw the light of day, exposed mostly in soft light. But she liked the way it felt in the warm sunlight. Just enough chill in the air to harden her nipples. It was a good body, serving Nor well and bringing her infinite pleasure. She hoped Loic liked it too, if he were looking.

”I won’t look,” Nor promised as his head dropped at her joking. Guilt and shame washed down her spine. ”I’m sorry.” Turned back around, watched the water rush away from her body instead. Should have known better than to say such a thing. They had agreed to forget that day in the barn, and here she was reminding him and making him uncomfortable.

Nor dipped beneath the water, let it wet the crown of her head. Hair heavy now and pulling at her scalp. And finally Loic joined her. Shoulders just the right amount of broad above the water. Nor kept her eyes politely at their level and above.

”Oh, aha. Um.” It was Nor’s turn to blush and duck away. Circling in the water, her fingers tangling in her hair and clawing at her scalp. She had pages of Loic. His smile, his blush. Loic with Rudy. And pages of Rudy too. And Loic’s body. Glimpsed in shifting shadow. ”A girl never sketches and tell.” Nor faced him again, heart a little more settled, or its beating was anyway.

Nor herself was decidedly unsettled.

”No leeches, right?” Was all she could think to say. To keep from looking and wondering. She smiled and rubbed water from her face with her hands, trying to cool the burning in her cheeks.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 06:03:15 PM »

”S’ok if you do.” He choked out. Fair even, since he couldn't help looking when she was the one stripping. There weren’t words to explain all the feelings rioting in his chest. Not shy, as his blushing and stuttering might imply. He worked on it while he made his way into the cool shallows.

Maybe she could understand the sentiment though. Licking the smile from his lips he watched the color spread across her cheeks. She had drawn him, the flush said. Not sure why it pleased him so much Loic let her answer float in the water between them. There was nothing to say back that wouldn’t leave them both blushing and spluttering water.

Arms fanning towards his sides to pull himself in deeper he tried to stay close enough to hear. While keeping far enough away that their legs wouldn’t tangle. ”I’ll pull them off if you do attract any.” He teased. Still sure there had never been any before.

Too cold, maybe, for them to survive the winter.

Nor was still pink. All the parts of her he could see above the water. And he tried very hard not to wonder what parts might be pink underneath. Did she feel bad that he’d been a little sheepish? ”Its not that I mind. Definitely not from you. I’m not even really shy.” He tried to explain, bobbing lightly when he stopped treading water to shrug. ”Or I’m not ashamed, I guess. I might be shy. I dunno.”

”I wish I had an ounce of your confidence. Make my life so much easier.” Even blushing she never came across as playing coy or lacking confidence. ”I just never really needed it before. Never really wanted to… attract attention. I guess.” But he wanted Nor’s if she wouldn’t mind. For as long as she liked, until he was boring again. Or forever if she let.

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 07:38:24 PM »

”Thanks,” Nor shuddered. The water here was clearer than the other pool she’d dipped in. Half drowned in trees, and dark with bracken. It had been fun, until they had all scampered out of the water to discover dark bodies hanging from their own.

Definitely not from you. Nor worried her lip, eyes wide as she tried focusing on the rest of his words. Smiling as he decided he wasn’t shy. And then changed his mind. Shaking her head, Nor tried not to laugh. But what did it mean? Another thing to wonder about.

”I’ll share some with you,” she offered. ”I don’t think you need it though,” just fine the way he was. But it was more than that. Nor knew Loic. Well, she thought. Maybe not very well, but well enough. Her lips pursed. Words failing her. Frustrated, she sighed and flicked water at him. ”You don’t need it. I don’t think it makes for more attention. Does that make sense?” It didn’t, she was sure.

Laughing, she gave up, shoulders shrugging above the water.

”I don’t know what I’m saying anymore.” Hard to think straight with him right there. Naked. Forgetting she was naked with him. Talking about attention, and confidence, and giving her express permission to look. ”I’m glad you’re not ashamed though.” Nor touched his arm before sinking lower into the water and kicking away. Backwards, deeper into the pond.

”How deep is it, do you know?” She called before vanishing under the water. Dark and cool. Nor opened her eyes, twisting and trying to catch sight of the bottom. Too buoyant to swim well, laughing under the water as she grabbed as swaying weeds, and what looked like a submerged log. Surfacing again with a sputter, laughing and choking as she sucked in more air.

”What about snakes!” She yelled, swiping water from her face and trying to find Loic. Turned around after her dive. Nor spun and flailed. ”Loic! What about snakes?”

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 10:28:13 PM »

Splashing back with a skim of his hand over the top of the water Loic grinned. That was nice to hear too. Even if he didn’t really agree. If he could be like other guys! Nils had met his newlywed wife in Fyrkat. Just walked right up to her and asked her to dance in a tavern. Never having spoken a single word to her before.

If he hadn’t been expected to tattoo the emblem of the city on his shoulder… he might never have talked to Nor. At least not without some other reason. He didn’t know how to explain what he meant, though. And she didn’t either. ”Not really more of it then. Sometimes a guy wants… a certain kind? I guess? Of attention.”

With a sigh he thought about splashing her again. But she passed so close before she kicked away. The thought sank to the bottom of the pond. He didn’t want to be her friend.

Just her friend.

Except if he didn’t have Nor he wouldn’t really have. All the boys he’d grown up with married now and scattered to the Winds. Tilting his head he tried to estimate, ”Two of me, I guess. Deep enough for diving off the rocks.” He pointed over to a low rock formation that formed a miniature cliff. There had been an old tree when he was a boy, with a rope swing. A blizzard had knocked it over a few years back.

”Where are you going?” He chuckled, suddenly very aware of his nakedness as she dropped under the water. Making his own way to a crowd of underwater stones he covered himself with one hand. Watchful over the water. Holding his breath until she broke through to the surface again.

Anxiety melting away he sat down on the rock so his waist stayed under the water. ”Why, did you see one?” There were snakes sometimes. Not often for him to be worried. And never anything venomous. ”Nor,” He laughed, treading back into the water as she started to get upset. ”Nor, no snakes. Okay?” He caught her by the shoulder, he thought. She was turning in a circle, flapping water everywhere. It might not have been. Shoulders didn’t have tight buds on them did they. 

”I’m sorry. That wasn’t on purpose.” He rushed to tell her. Hands finding her right, proper shoulders. One for each to see her settled in the water again. Then he swept a limp blonde hank of hair from her cheek. ”You okay? Swallow too much water?”

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 05:58:28 AM »

His answer did not inspire confidence. All but admitting that there were snakes. Had she seen one? Nor was near certain she’d grabbed one by it’s tail. The idea made her body shudder and her hand swipe at her stomach and thighs as if she could wipe the sensation away. She would have rather had leeches.

”Are you sure? I thought it was a branch, but it wriggled,” she explained, twisting toward the sound of his voice. Where had he gone? Laughing at her! And then there he was, Nor’s hand brushing against him, just as his palm slid against her breast. Nor tensed, and forgot all about snakes. Red hot desire sweeping outward from the point of contact until her whole body was consumed and she let out a little gasp.

Not on purpose. Why not?!

”It’s ok.” Nor lied. Not at all upset he’d done it, only that he’d stopped. Her knees and feet bumping him as she tried to keep herself afloat, one hand curling around one of his arms to help steady herself. ”I like snakes less than leeches.” And she hadn’t thought to ask about them, never imaging they could live in the water. Face following the sweep of his hand, Nor closed her eyes and tried to gain control of her body.

”I’m sorry, I think I’ve had enough swimming, Loic.” Exhausted suddenly. Still warring the lust that had taken up residence in her belly. Too much walking and fretting, the exercise and emotions wearing her out, Nor decided. Slipping free of his hands, she paddled back toward the shore, slipping only once on her way out. Wondering if she would find snakes in her boots.

”Your mom didn’t happen to force you to carry any towels in your cabinet, did she?” Nor asked, arms crossing over her breasts. She kept her thighs pressed tight and her body half bent. Elbows covering her breasts while she rang water from her hair. She wore the distracted expression of a person searching their own psychic cabinet, hoping she had something. Finding the corner of it and then drawing out into existence a blanket.

”I was wondering where that had gone.” Nor scrubbed her face, and then her body with brisk efficiency. Trying not to look at Loic, to want Loic. Hardly any dryer before she passed the blanket to him and called her clothes back in. ”I’m sorry. I’m just not used to all the physical activity I guess.” Or the snakes. Or the naked Loic she’d seen from the glimpses she’d not taken.

He was beautiful.

Nor wiggled back into her pants, the fabric sticking to her damp body. Her shirt fought her worse, clinging to every inch until she might as well not have been wearing it at all. Nipples still hard in answer to Loic’s accidental palming. She felt more exposed dressed than she had naked. Gathering his things from the stump, Nor handed Loic his clothes piece by piece. Looking past his shoulder. Mostly.

”I still think it was a snake.” She’d so wanted to try jumping off the rocks he’d pointed out too. Not glanced at them. Maybe another time. When there weren’t snakes. And she had a swimsuit so things could be less awkward.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »

”It wriggled?” Loic tried his damnedest to stem the laughter in his voice. Eyes wide with sympathy, but mostly amusement. All those innocent feelings evaporating like steam on the water when their bodies met. His apology pouring out of his mouth. But the moment had ruined everything.

Both rattled by his misplaced touch. He didn’t even realize she had touched him back.

Too lost in the mysterious emotions working across her face to be embarrassed by their closeness. Fingers on his arm as natural as anything. He was a good swimmer. Keeping them both above water with one arm and sweeping legs. ”Leeches look for you, but snakes would rather run away.” He tried to soothe. It had upset her too much for the swimming to be salvaged, though. The look on her face when she tucked her face to his hand. He thought his heart would melt in his chest.

”Nah It’s okay.” He was careful this time, hands held above the water as she headed for dry ground. Loic followed not far behind. Trying to work out what had gone wrong. Was it the maybe snake she might have seen? He worried about it, bottom lip getting sore between his teeth. Sure that it was his touching. Accident or not. Stomach so tight with it he kept his eyes on the ground and his hand over himself while she dried then dressed. Softly apologizing that he hadn’t thought of towels before dragging her out to swim.

So ready to get her away from his parents he hadn’t thought it through at all.  ”Lose a lot of things in there?” He asked with a disheartened chuckle. Taking his turn with the blanket. Hair rubbed dry but body still damp. Avoiding Nor while she dressed, and even her naked shadow on the ground. All the small damp hairs on his arms and legs dried while she bounced into pants that hugged her tight. Guilt hot on his face when he did look up, to grab his own pants when she passed them over. Of course her pert breast where the first place he looked. ”Sorry.”

”Don’t be sorry. It was a nice walk. And a good swim.” The first time in a while he had been in at all. He would find something else, he decided, threading his belt back through the loops. Something to make her stay until they were alright again. Then he’d get a grip on himself and stop ruining their good times.

His shirt clung too. Not as much as Nor’s but he wasn’t looking. So it didn’t matter.

Then he remembered. ”How about those blueberries? We can take a break, eat a few handfuls under the bushes. Talk. If you want.” He pointed at the stump. Offering up a soft smile. ”Hop up and I’ll give you a piggyback ride.”

He wasn’t tired. Days filled with much heavier loads.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Summer - AW102

The seasons will change on 01/19.

Recent Topics

Vaitaire by The Darkness
[Today at 11:00:49 AM]

Site Updates! by The Darkness
[Today at 10:59:19 AM]

Bannick by The Darkness
[Today at 10:24:53 AM]

Transactions by dergon
[Today at 10:23:49 AM]

the Found, Miko by The Darkness
[Today at 10:22:11 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Confidante
Any | Open Jewels | Hayll
companion of Neha Rajani

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner
May 2018 Featured RPG