Nor the Artist

Summer-sky to Purple Dusk
  • Priestess
  • Played By: dergon

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
Re: the pond
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 08:56:16 PM »

”Sometimes. Or I forget what I’ve stuffed in there.” Nor glanced at him, worried by the sound of his laugh. Loic wasn’t looking back, however. Stiff, avoidant. Apologetic, too. Apologies for things Nor couldn’t even imagine, and things he didn’t need to apologize for. All waved off with fingers or soft looks. He didn’t seem to notice, or stop. Not until Nor tried it herself. And of course she wasn’t allowed to be sorry.

”It was a short swim,” she corrected. Hardly a swim at all. Shivering, she lifted her hair up from her back where it was soaking her shift. ”Snake should have run away faster, if you ask me.” She muttered, trying to ring more water from her hair before calling in a band to hold it back with. Nor handed over his boots last, before crouching to pull hers on, stamping her feet into them without touching the laces.

Not looking, the way his shirt clung making her pull at her own.

”I’d love to!” Nor stood, hands clasped in excitement. ”You also said there might be eggs there, and I haven’t got to use my basket yet,” she gushed. Stomach feeling a little hollow, so the double pleasure of Loic and food was like siren song. Glad, too, he wasn’t ready to he rid of her. Even if he did seem uncomfortable. Or had.

Nor glanced at the stump, shy suddenly.

”Oooh, I don’t know Loic. My legs work fine!” She blushed, unsure. Bent to lace her boots sloppily so she didn’t trip on them. She couldn’t remember ever having one before. At least not since she’d been a girl, begging them off her father’s shipmen. ”Oh, alright! But if we fall down the hill its not my fault!” She laughed, stepping up onto the stump and holding her arms out.

Over his shoulders and low across his chest. Thighs circling his waist. Nor giggled, face pressed into his shoulder to hide her grin. Clung to him, laughing, it just kept bubbling up, even as she settled, cheek pressed to his shoulder. Then her chin as she peeked at the trail ahead of them.

”No snakes in the blueberry patch, right? Or leeches?” Nor hugged him, laughing at herself.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord
  • Played By: Jones

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 10:36:56 PM »

”It was still good.” He countered softly. Fun because she had been there. It would have been better, and longer if he had kept his paws to himself. The mistake was already done. Mood teetering on the brink of going sour. They had endured so many awkward visits the last few weeks he couldn’t stomach the thought of another. Thankfully the blueberries seemed to turn things around.

With their clothes on they both felt better. Or at least Loic did. And marginally less guilty for the way his eyes kept finding the faint ridges of her nipples. Focusing instead on pelting out the right amount of laughter at her girlish joy. ”There might be. If there aren’t, we’ll get you that tea. My mom has plenty to spare, she just rounded them all up so I’d have to share you.”

Nor hesitated. Thinking it over. Loic was convinced for a minute… it had been the touching. She didn’t want to give him an excuse to do it again. He would be careful. Not a finger out of place this time. Show her that he wasn’t trying to corner her into giving up what she didn’t want him to have. ”It’ll be fun. And fine. I’m steady on my feet.” He promised.

In the end she decided to trust him. A crouch to help her climb on and his hands sticking to the underside of her knees as if they’d been glued there. They didn’t do a lot of talking on the way down. He was glad. Not a hard enough trek to take his breath but steep enough to shorten it. Nor was not as solid as she looked. And she balanced against his back just right. Nothing like the heavy calves he’d hauled home over his shoulders.

As he walked he pointed out rabbit burrows and a place in the thicket were foxes had made a narrow path. Reaching for the hands she clamped to his chest and sharing her laugh. ”There definitely no leeches…” He teased, letting the words linger. ”No snakes either. Too cool in the shadows for them. I promise.” But when they got there he swept a probe through the grass just to be sure.

Across the yard the windows were all still open. A few chickens pecked in the bushes or scratched at the dirt. He could see his mother standing on her tiptoes to watch them come up the lane. Too far to judge her expression, but she must have approved. Waving him a single lifted thumb. Loic turned hard to the left. Choosing the bushes farthest from the house. Hoping Nor hadn't noticed, so he wouldn't have to explain.

”Going down.” He told her, slouching backwards so she could reach the ground. Picking a nice spot to sprawl out between squat rows of the bushes. Their leaves were a rich green that made the bunches of dark indigo berries stand out. He ran a thumb over a few. When they fell off into his palm he popped one between his teeth. Rolling it with a smile before sucking it down. He held out a few. ”Mhm. They’re nice and sweet.”

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 08:15:21 AM »

Nor tangled her fingers with Loic’s. His back was broad and warm, but not so wide she couldn’t cling to him. Comfortably fitted to his spine, his other hand warm in the crux of her knee. Nor was glad she’d agreed, listening and peering at all the things he pointed out. Secret places in nature she wouldn’t have seen if not for him.

”Good.” Nor shivered and buried her face against his neck, thankful for the probes that rushed through the grass to be sure. ”Thank you.” Embarrassed by her overreaction to what Loic probably saw as harmless creatures. Nor didn’t look up, not until he was ready to set her down, breathing him in, half tempted to doze, or kiss the sun darkened patch of skin at the collar of his shirt.

”Already?” She teased, wiggling down his back, legs swinging free of his hips. Nor hung, for a moment, from his shoulders before dropping down with a laugh. ”Thanks for the ride. I might have some carrots, if you want one.” She offered with a grin, following him to the ground Nor sat next to him, eyes drinking in the bushes with their bundles of dusty dark berries. It was cool beneath them, just like he’d said.

”Nice of you to make sure!” His smile infectious. Nor leaned in close and picked a few from his hand, pouring them into her mouth. Breaking them open against the roof of her mouth, Nor hummed with pleasure. They were sweet. Calling her basket back in, she gathered a few herself, breaking them loose from their stems and shaking them down into her basket. She liked the sound they made, pattering against the wicker weave.

Only eating half of what she picked.

”Ah! Look at this one!” Nor held it up for Loic to inspect. A great round thing three times the size of the others, held gently between thumb and finger. ”I think its been sneaking extra meals.” She offered it to him, trying not to laugh. Or melt into him. ”Better than any wilted carrot I’ve got stuffed in my cabinet.” She tempted.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 11:48:31 AM »

She brushed her lips to his neck. Trying to hide her face, and making Loic hide his gasp of pleasure in a brisk laugh. Glad that she stayed nestled close while her mouth and his silly mother set his cheeks to red again.

Nor was silly too. Except from her it made his stomach tight and warm. Muscles stretching and body bending to let her hang like the monkey’s he had seen in storybooks as a child. All his nerves alive after the whiplash of emotions. And the feel of her warm breath under his ear. ”Oh, do I have to stick my nose in your pockets or will you just feed them to me?” He chuckled. Sinking to the ground so he could bend his knees and hide more things that needed hidden.

”You pick enough of them and we could have cobbler to go with all those chicken pies.” Loic flashed her a playful line of teeth. Half hidden by the lopsidedness of his grin. Easier to make jokes about it now that time had lessened the shame of all things Beatrice.

While she rained berries into her basket he turned on his belly to search for eggs. Two spotted down the line of bush roots. Gently rolled with craft until he could reach to add them to her basket. Berry juice from his fingers leaving blue whorls on the shells. One pale gray and one a soft brown.

Looking up at her excitement he giggled over the fat berry she pinched. ”That is a might fat one.” He agreed. Propping up higher on his arm to get a better look. Bodies so close now he could curl around her if he bent at the hips. Pretending he needed to be convinced, then giving in with a deep sigh. ”I guess I’ll leave the carrot for Rudy then.”

Mouth falling open he caught the berry, and the tip of her thumb between his teeth. Stealing with a flick of his tongue. Eyes pinching shut and lips sucking in with a pop. ”Sour.” Mother Night the tartness made the back of his cheeks ache and his tongue curl against his palate.

When their laughter passed he felt sure that they were getting along alright. Tossing a few berries up into his open mouth he washed the sour one down. Then leaned close enough that his mother, half hanging out the open kitchen window, couldn’t hope to overhear. ”I’m really sorry. About the pond thing. I didn’t mean to feel you up.”

Looking at her through his lashes he managed not to burn with shame. Ears hot and red but the rest of him too serious about the apology to bother. She was such a happy, thoughtful person. He wanted to be a reason she laughed and played. Not the guy that ruined her fun with fumbling hands. Or the guy with the chest tight from wanting to kiss her.

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 12:24:03 PM »

Nor snorted at the idea of Loic sniffing around in her pockets like Rudy. Not sure she would have minded in the least if he’d decided to. Or feeding him carrots. But they had blueberries at hand, which were much more convenient. And tasty. Nor never had acquired the taste for carrots, buying them for the caribou only.

”Could we really?” Nor asked, tossing a hopeful glance over her shoulder. Cobbler and pot pies. It had been a few days since she’d had a proper meal. Her girl from across the street having found herself a beau to distract her. Distract for a moment by the eggs she found her in her basket. Nor gave them each a pat and a coo, and then covered them with more berries until she found the perfect offering for Loic.

”I’m sure Rudy would appreciate it.” Nor agreed. This would be more fun than feeding him a carrot, too. Though Nor wasn’t expecting him to take her thumb with the berry. Lip and breath drawn in, Nor watched him, body humming again. Nor took her hand back, pressing it into her lap. ”Sorry.” Eyes wide, Nor wasn’t sure if she wanted to laugh at him, or fall on him.

Let the laughter win since he was suffering for her gift. Berry too tart for pleasure. Nor felt a little guilty, but a few more berries washed the bad flavor away, supplies from Nor’s basket. She didn’t have his skill at catching them, so Nor resorted to pouring them in her own mouth with a cupped palm. Fingers and tongue stained blue.

”Hmm?” Nor leaned into his leaning. Attention shifting from berries to Loic. He looked solemn, suddenly, all the laughter dispersing beneath his seriousness. So Nor was serious too, and set her basket aside with a soft hiss. ”Loic! Its alright.” So pensive! Ashamed, she thought, of a little slip of the hand. Nor wondered, briefly, if it was more her than the act. A thought that unsettled the berries in her stomach.

”Really, really. I promise.” She rubbed his dark hair again. Fingers against his scalp. ”It was the snake, not you.” And her own wanting. Why did he have to be so upset by it? Nor cupped his cheek with her other hand, and then pressed a kiss to the free one. ”I really don’t like snakes, but I like you plenty,” she promised. More than plenty, really. Too much. Poor bashful Loic. Horrified at having touched her. It broke Nor’s heart. And stripped her of all that confidence he’d complimented earlier.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 01:16:02 PM »

That look settled it. His mother would get her way, when Loic was finished making sure they were alright. That they were still really friends. That all his mistakes and awkwardness wouldn’t keep them from enjoying one another's company. Then she could tea and feed Nor all she wanted. He would hide in his room or go check on the caribou if things got too uncomfortable. As long as Nor got her pies and eggs.

What did it matter if he did some blushing? He was already dug in against shame. Pond heavy on his mind and tight in his chest even after all their chuckles. She made it easier to get the words out. Forgiving him with her body then her words. Shoulder brushing her side he almost sat up higher but she sank her hands into his hair. So he stayed still, enjoying the rasp of nails to his roots.

Lighting up as she swooped in. Warm spot tingling on his cheek. All his focus on not turning to catch the quick peck on his own mouth. They itched for one of their own, though. Licking them slowly he bit back the question. How much?

”I’m glad. I like you plenty, too.” So much. But how much was plenty? Was it the same sort of like that flitted between his ribs? Stomach in a knot he sighed. Caught between wanting to ask and terrified he would ruin the moment. She was so happy now, with her cute basket of eggs and berries.

There were the pies to tempt her into staying, though… if the mood soured again. ”See, this where some of that confidence would help me out.” He laughed at himself. Tracing the curve of her hand with the tips of his fingers. Would it eat him up until he couldn't be her friend anymore? The wanting her to be his and not just his friend.

"Maybe then things could be different. Or I could be different enough that things wouldn't keep getting so strange between us." He stroked her thumb with his. Mouth twitching as he picked out words. "I don't want you to think of me as that gross, stupid friend making passes and groping what he can't have."

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »

Nor licked the taste of him from her lips. Salt and pond water. A little hint of caribou and sunshine. Loic’s fingers moved across her own and over the back of her hand. Fitting between tendons and bone, gentle as a breeze, but Nor’s hair all stood up, even her scalp tingled.

”How so?” She wondered. He liked her plenty too, but was it enough, or as much? Or was the confidence so he could ask her not to take liberties with his person. Nor hoped not. Hoped that the way his thumb stroked hers meant he liked it. The closeness. Her kissing his cheek. Nor had never expected to develop such feelings for Loic - or any man. But especially not her friend, even if she’d found him worth loving to the very core.

The wanting coming before being wanted.

Breathing carefully, Nor listened. What did Loic need her confidence for? Frowning as he talked about change and strangeness. Nor wanted him no different than he was. She didn’t want any strangeness either, which was why she didn’t push. Didn’t kiss his lips instead of his cheek. His friendship was precious to her. He was precious to her. Nor shook her head.

Her heart ached. Fierce as she denied his words, mouth tight and eyes steely.

”Never.” Nor told him fiercely. ”You couldn’t ever be stupid or gross.” Angry that he could think such things about himself! Nor slipped her hand from his hair, caught his strong jaw between her fingers. Nearly shook him! Rosy cheeked and pink of nose because she’d never gone first. And she’d never cared, not like this. Lust a passing thing. Sated and forgotten. Happy memories she didn’t need repeated.

But she didn’t want that with Loic.

”Oh Loic,” Nor whispered in agony. How could she tell him? ”Next time, do it on purpose.” She didn’t want him to be ashamed of fitting her breast into his palm. She wanted him to enjoy it. So much so that Nor kissed him again. Lips settling on his with a sigh. Soft, but full of longing, her lips parted, fitting around and between his.

Loic

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • Warlord

caribou boy
    Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »

With a self-depreciating chuckle Loic almost had time to disagree. Instead his cheeks puffed as she caught all his attention. Chin by her palm as he stared. Mild surprise creeping his eyebrows up and his mouth slightly open. He hadn’t realized it would upset her so much. Or that she was upset at all. Not until he looked her in the eye.

Blushing she looked back at him for moment that felt like forever. Words so soft he almost missed them. Blinking like a fool, thinking he had misheard until she started leaning in. That felt like it took forever too. He swallowed half a dozen times at least. Heart thumping so loud in his chest he thought it might jump into her mouth when his opened over her top lip.

Weight shifting so he could draw her in more. Hands on her hip and in her hair. As gentle as he knew how to be. Mind a blank of popping stars. He couldn’t think, or didn’t have anything left to think about except the shared flavor of blueberries. Didn’t even think to close his eyes. Their focus blurry. Her name a whisper that filled his throat.

He didn’t feel like Loic at all. Whoever the luckiest man in the realms was… that was him just then. Walking on cloud the skyships couldn’t even reach. ”I wanted this for so long, and it was still better than anything I could have imagined.” He told her before sweeping in for another. Just one more, so he could feel her lower lip between his this time. Calm but a slow sort of satisfying.

Blushing worse than ever when they parted. But smiling too. Tucking it into his shoulder when someone called Tea’s hot from the house. Too preoccupied with Nor’s eyes to even pay attention to who. ”How about we get those pies?”

He wouldn't even care if his mom told a hundred embarrassing stories. Or if his dad went to bed as soon as his dinner plate was cleared. Suddenly sharing Nor wasn't such as big deal, not when he could hope for a good night kiss when he dropped her off at her own front door.

Nor the Artist

• Priestess

Glacia Kaeleer
    64 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 08:13:28 PM »

Nor’s fingers slipped behind his ears. Hands spread wide so she could touch as much of him at once as possible. They twitched when he moved, fearful she would try and slip away. Thumbs stroking his temples as his hands settled on her. Hip, hair. Nor shivered as if her inner webs had been stroked. It was a good kiss. Sweet. And not just because it tasted of berries.

Her eyes fluttered open, lips as flushed as her cheeks. Half a breathless laugh escaping her before he kissed her again. Embarrassed by the compliment, rather than amused. Oh Loic! Nor could have kissed him for it, but she already was, lower lip claimed by his. So she sighed instead, content and aroused, the sound half a purr. Her fingers stroking his jaw as they parted.

She really did laugh at the call from the house, blushing right along side Loic like a caught out teenager. Nor rubbed her lips together, savoring the feel of them, and the lingering taste of Loic just in the inside.

”I’d love to,” Nor beamed, her stomach rumbling in agreement and setting her to laughing again. Basket vanished with a touch, hand slipping into Loic’s for the walk back to the house. She’d always liked his mother, she was easy to listen to and fed Nor as she talked. Furtive glances and laughing smiles sent Loic’s way as she was stuffed full of pie and tea until she thought her stomach would burst and her Jewel would he fueled for a lifetime.

It was no wonder she fell asleep on the slow ride back to town. Curled against Loic’s side, hands tucked in his jacket.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Summer - AW102

The seasons will change on 01/19.

Recent Topics

Uncommon commonness by Aberdeen
[Today at 08:33:31 PM]

The Races by Savitr Tamboli
[Today at 06:26:30 PM]

Transactions by Jones
[Today at 10:50:18 AM]

Meols Wants by Dajarmar Sky Raider
[Today at 07:08:01 AM]

growing pains by Lillian
[Today at 06:04:11 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner
May 2018 Featured RPG