Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen
  • Played By: dergon

Glacia Kaeleer
    201 Posts    67 marks
in suspense
« on: July 23, 2018, 07:24:49 PM »

Nyree slipped through the doors before they shut. Body skirting around the long, carved handles, she tumbled into the room. The other queen no more than a shadow in the hallway. Her presence only lingering in the scent left behind. The stain of dark power and controlled emotion. Shivering, Nyree crossed the room, footsteps quick and anxious.

"Enele?" She said softly, crouching before him. He sat on the bed, more a hollow body than a man. Hands fretful, Nyree touched him, probes licking him up from boots to his freshly shorn head. His arm, his chest, his face, hands exploring and soothing as they went. Her knees fell to the floor, face brushing his chest, cheek skimming it.

Nyree breathed him in. Just a hint of wildness left on his skin. Not enough sunlight. "Enele!" She whispered fiercely, too afraid to actually scream. As if the Grey queen would return and strip her from the room again. Do whatever she'd been doing to Nyree's Enele before she left. "You alright?" She worried, fingers curling around the back of his neck, trying to coax him into looking at her.

Up she came. Head bumping his chin. Legs climbing his until she straddled his lap. Nyree clung to him, promising herself it was okay if he didn't cling back. Eyes shut tight she pressed her nose to his cheek. Breathed him in.

"What did she say?" What did she do?!

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Glacia Kaeleer
    216 Posts    126 marks
Re: in suspense
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 09:04:56 PM »

Eye rested his head on one hand, open palm shielding his face from the doorway. Index finger along his brow. Elbows to knees. A headache that had nothing to do with the pain in his shoulder started to form behind his eyes.

She said his name and he memorized the sound. The corners of his eyes puckering as he clenched them shut. Trying to swallow the rift of fear in his heart. He couldn’t look at her. Didn’t deserve to see her sweet face until he had told her the truth. There was no point at looking and finding love where hate would be soon. It would just hurt worse.

While his body was still his mind racing for solutions. Not real ones, what he had done could not be undone. But he would do whatever he had to do for her to be happy. ”Ah, don’t. Don’t.” He pleaded as she sank to the floor to look up at him. Hand lowering to touch her elbows. Not sure what he would take back or change if he could.

”No.” He answered truthfully. How could he be alright when he had to hurt her worse than he had before? Taking away her whole life! She had cast him off then and left Nharkava. What would she do this time? Maybe he shouldn’t tell her at all, not without her father or Mauki to see her safe.

He could give them all he’d earned for the job. That would be enough to see them settled in a new place. Somewhere nobody could find them. Not even Enele. He couldn’t leave her worrying the whole time, though. It wasn’t fair. She was a woman grown, the choice should be hers. ”I fucked up, Bee.” He whispered to the lips that hovered close to his own.

Making room in his lap for her to sit. Hands loose around her forearms but ready to hold her there until he had finished explaining. ”I made a stupid mistake, and I can’t be sorry enough. I’ll never be sorry enough. I’ll pay though, whatever you need, I have money now and I’ll borrow more. ” He exhaled slowly. Getting ahead of himself. But it was best to get it out. Then he could explain if she let him. ”It isn’t safe, for you to go back. To Nharkava. Any part of it… maybe not ever again.”

Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen

Glacia Kaeleer
    201 Posts    67 marks
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 10:02:01 PM »

”What’s wrong?” Nyree pried, forgetting that there had ever been rules against their touching. Or her touching. No holding, no petting, no keeping. Her hands traveling over him. Looking for hurts. For cracks. Something she could fix or worm her way into. Heart and stomach fluttering. Would she lose him now?

”Ahhh.” She hummed. What had he done? Promised more of himself to that woman? Nyree couldn’t think of anything he could do that could warrant this. He’d done the near-worst thing by almost dying. At least he made room for her, allowing her into his lap where she could stroke the back of his head and the expanse of his shoulders.

Nyree waited, and petted, until he began talking. Talking and talking and talking right over himself.

”Money for what?” As long as it wasn’t her. Still half afraid he would pick the darker Jeweled queen again. Over her. Fingers creeping up his neck to touch the almost gone wound. ”Oh.” Nyree blinked, all the air leaving her chest. Home. Her eyebrows worked toward her each until she had a crease in her forehead deep enough to hide in.

”My bees.” And her carvings. She’d only taken the fish. Hadn’t meant to, but she had. All the little things Enele had made for her since the fish. Her tree. Her house. ”My brother.” The land. Nyree blinked again, heart thumping in a hollow place she couldn’t find. ”Are you in danger?” She asked, hands still now. Thumbs over his shoulders as she tried to imagine never going home.

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    216 Posts    126 marks
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 11:08:10 PM »

”Everything.” Enele sighed instead of sobbed. A thin line between the sounds. Tasting the bitter truth in the one word answer. He had ruined everything! Would lose her forever this time. His soul tightened behind his flimsy barriers. There had only been one thing he’d ever been so sure about. That he would hurt Nyree if he let himself love her.

And he had been right. Twice.

Now he would lose her twice. It was wrong, filthy of him to let her try to relieve his upset. All the years of avoidance swelled up in his chest now, though, he couldn’t resist. Pressed his cheek to her cheek. Arm leaving hers to slink around her waist. Hugging her tight before he had to let go for the rest of his life.

At least this time he could do that. Love her for a moment before breaking her heart. ”Money to go where ever you want to go. Live comfortable and as happily as you can manage. There’s enough. I’ve been saving for years, and I can get more.” There was work for the strong and reliable. They didn’t have to tell him where she was. He’d send the marks anywhere they wanted.

”I’m sorry.” Her bees. Of course she thought of them first. Enele craned his head back until it hurt. Looking up at the ceiling. He would listen to her heartbreak. That was the least he could do. ”I’ll bring him here to you. Mauki, your parents, whoever you want. Whoever you want to be with.” It wouldn’t be the same. Her bees and her garden gone.

Things he couldn’t fix. ”No.” He promised. Stomach sick that she was worried about him while he was tearing her life apart. ”It’s you that’s in danger. I had an illusion web; they never saw my actual face… I paid a black widow to check on you. That’s what I was doing when I got hurt. I broke character and someone followed me. The men I was here to find, they got to the black widow; she showed them your face. Where you come from and all the places I made her look for you. They know how much you mean to me. They’re queen killers that don’t need a reason to begin with. I’m so sorry. Nharkava isn’t safe.”

What was she thinking? What was she feeling? He didn’t dare reach for her barriers. If he hadn’t deserved to know before he certainly didn’t now. ”It’s okay.” He promised, ”To be angry at me. Just don’t leave. Not alone. Please. I’ll stay away from you, I promise. I'll leave, even. Just stay here until your dad or Mauki can come.”

Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen

Glacia Kaeleer
    201 Posts    67 marks
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 06:02:05 AM »

His answer worried her. As much as the arm pulling her close soothed her. Held tight, faces flush together. Nyree tightened her grip on him and tried not to worry. But worried anyway. Everything, he said. And it felt like it, the way he held her. It felt like good bye.

”I don’t want to go anywhere,” Nyree whined into his jaw. Money to send her away with. Her fingers caught at his shirt since she couldn’t knot them in his skin. Feet hooking under his thighs and over his shins. No. Nyree held on. No. She didn’t want to leave. She hated Little Terreille with its blind indulgence and sickening ignorance. But Enele was here.

And she couldn’t go home, anyway. Slow to sink in. The whole of it. Pieces working themselves free. All her little animals, smelling of Enele and wood. Her sweet, stubborn brother who she’d left behind only because she’d been sure they would see each other again. Him safe and happy in Waoud.

She’d missed spring with her bees, but they didn’t really need her tending. Her parents surfacing because Enele recalled them while Nyree stared at the whorl of his ear.

”My father will be angry with you. Enele he will want to fight, and you’ll have to kill him.” Gruff man who’d never liked Nyree’s favorite person. The roughshod warlord prince who’d drowned his daughter. Nyree understood better, now that she knew the truth. The secret. Nut she still wished he could forgive that and remember all the good Enele had done her.

Nyree stroked his neck. Letting go of his shirt to trail fingers up from his shoulder to his jaw. Look at him instead of his ear. He’d exposed her to the outside world. Searching for her in webs. Caught and hurt because she hadn’t been where she was supposed to be. Easily found so he could be sure she was safe. Worried, even though she’d sent him away.

Nyree sighed, her whole body quaking with it.

”I’m not going anywhere.” Didn’t he understand? Hadn’t she said it enough? Maybe not. Not after breaking her promise and turning him away. ”We can send a letter. A fast one, to warn our people.” Her mother didn’t wear a Jewel. Mooki didn’t either but he was warrior trained. Tama and Kiri. Io, wherever she was. ”We can send a letter, and they can come if they want.”

Maybe not here. Not to this place belonging to this queen, Nyree thought as the tears started falling. Great wet drops she wasn’t even aware of. Not until the skin beneath her eyes was slick and her nose tickling. Sniffing, she rubbed her cheeks with her fingers.

”You can’t leave either. Not me. Not in this place.” Not ever. But Nyree was afraid to lay claim to him. Not to his face. He hated leashes. What else would he think was between them? A chain to hold him down and trap him. She would defend his herness to anyone else, but it was harder to say it to Enele. Nyree sobbed, not meaning to. The sound startling her. Fingers spreading to cover her face.

Her crooked house. The tree they let her rule over. The clearing she and Enele had first made love in. ”Oh I hope someone let the turtle out.” She choked into her hands. Enele was supposed to be her home. But Nharkava had been her blood and roots.

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    216 Posts    126 marks
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 01:27:16 PM »

Enele stuffed them deep. Deeper than ever before. All the feelings that bubbled to the surface. He was too exhausted for them today. Tired from showing Iris what he had seen. And so damned tired of hurting Nyree. Heart hollow in the chest she curled against. Guilt and frustration all he let himself feel as she laced her legs around his own.

Why? Why did she think he could make her safe? He had proven so many times now that he would just keep failing.

He let her be. To do what she needed to do while the emotions worked themselves free. The weight of what he’d said sinking in. Hand stroking her wild hair as she worried over her father. ”He doesn’t even have to know I was here. I wouldn’t kill Tane, and he couldn’t kill me.”

Poor old bastard; just looking out for his girl the way a father should. He had known all along. They had all known all along. The protecting was pretend. Enele was the real danger, the only threat Nyree had ever actually faced. In his lap she trembled. ”Shhh. You’re safe here.” He promised with a rough click of emotion in his throat. Iris owed him that at least, even if Nyree came from the same wild stock as he did. Out of place among the politely trained men and women of Little Terreille. Feral by comparison.

She pet him back. Little fingers rough from years of weed pulling and tree climbing on his skin. Coaxing out a half sob that he stuffed down with everything else. Did she really understand? He had expected screaming. Anger. That look in her eyes that had haunted every dream for months.

This might have been worse. Waiting for the real hurt to come. ”Good, good. This is the safest place for now.” Sweet queenling. Thinking of her people now, once she had lamented her bees. What would he do without her? Really without her? It made his heart knock hard in his chest. Like panic. He couldn’t do it. Paling at the realization he pulled her tighter in his good arm. He would chase her forever.

”Okay. Corvians are probably fastest. Unless we ask one of the Gray queens to catch them on a thread.” There was a warlord prince with even darker jewels, too. But Enele didn’t want that half rabid puppy poking his nephew. The baby queen he was attached to wielded leashes about as strong as wet noodles. He had seen them before, from afar, when the illusion was being crafted. Felt them sometimes in the hall outside the door. Didn’t want him around Nyree at all.

”Bee…” He pulled her close again. Tucked under his chin. Sore arm looping her waist so the other could curl around her shoulders. ”I’m so sorry.” Everything.

He had taken everything she loved, really loved away. Kissing the crown of her head he tried not to rock her like a child. ”I’ll stay. As long as you want me to stay, okay?” Anger would come. He was sure. But right now she still wanted his body to hide against. Still needed a shoulder to take the tears.

The first sob like a cut to his heart. He pulled her hands away from her face. ”It’s okay. Let it out.” So she could feel better. And so he could live with the sound. Get passed the pain part to the resentment. He deserved it.

Leaning back to see her face his eyebrows pinched together. ”I didn’t know you had a turtle.”

Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen

Glacia Kaeleer
    201 Posts    67 marks
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »

”I don’t like it here!” Nyree moaned, pressed tight to his chest by his good arm. The other loose around her hips. It still made her heart flutter and her nerves pinch, that arm. Better than the shock when she’d first seen him. She didn’t panic now. He was mostly healed, and they promised the strength would come back in time. Now it just made her burrow deeper. Trying to press herself into him.

”I hate it here. I can’t take my shoes off without the land trying to eat me.” She’d stopped taking them off except to bathe. And Nyree had been doing that less and less too. Hiding greasy hair in messy braids. It was easy to do. She did nothing but sit in Enele’s room and wait for him to be well. To take her home. But there was no home to go to anymore. Fear was the only thing that made her sweat now.

”I don’t want them touching our people, Enele.” Had not met the other queen, but Nyree was sure she must be just like the other. Shaking her head against his chest. Chin over her head. ”Send the birds and quit being sorry!” He hadn’t done it. Just trying to find her, to make sure she was safe. She clung to him. Held tight just like she wanted. And he promised again to stay. With her. Always, Nyree wanted to beg, but all she did was nod.

And cry. Hands pulled away so she couldn’t hold her tears in. She buried them against Enele instead. His body the buffer between her sobs and the world. Until he pulled away, the look on his face making her laugh and choke. Nyree used her arms to scrub her face, panting as she caught her breath against the crying.

”I don’t,” she sniffled. ”You do!” She collapsed against him, face in his neck. Body shivering with the new reality. ”Please Enele. Lets leave this place.” And if they couldn’t go home, maybe they could at least go somewhere less hungry.

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    216 Posts    126 marks
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 05:09:04 PM »

”Aw my poor woman.” Enele scooted back on the bed. Making more room. Wishing his damn arm would start cooperating already. He couldn’t hold her and tuck her feet into his lap with just one hand. Stroked her back and clung to her instead. ”I told you there were sick places. Places I’d never want you to suffer being in.”

In the garden. A lifetime ago. When she had whispered she was a woman after he’d shattered soup bowls and bit her thigh. Memories too sweet to think about while he was breaking their hearts. Tearing out the Waoud, that had made them all they were. ”Okay.” He told her gently. Enjoying the familiar the knot of her nose rubbing against his shirt. ”The birds then.”

He couldn’t stop being sorry though. Didn’t think she really wanted him to. Letting the torrent of her sadness wet the front of his shirt. Thighs tight around his waist while she did what he’d suggested and let it all out. Weeping for her lost things. Things he couldn’t allow her to go back for. Maybe Mauki or Tama would rescue some of it, as long as there was no danger to themselves. They would see.

Then the sobs died with a strangled laugh. His confusion only growing. ”When did I get a turtle?!” He didn’t remember agreeing to that. But he might have noticed… foggy memories of tired eyes trying to figure out why there was an old boot shoved so far under his bed. Dream turtles crossing the floor that must not have been dreamed up at all. She shivered and he dropped the thought. ”Are you cold?” He asked. That happened with shock sometimes. Moving back on the bed so he could call the blanket up around them. Glad to feel his Opal responding without any strain.

”Are you sure, Bee? That you want to go with me?” He had to know. Eyes searching hers for clues. Barriers left untested. Lesson learned. No place for him there. ”I know a place, you might like it. We’ll see.” Not so very different from the Waoud. Far away, a bit colder, but the trees were tall and the land felt wild. With a queen looking to settle he could get a plot of land for a good price between the groves of cocoa orchards. ”You have to be really, really sure.”

Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen

Glacia Kaeleer
    201 Posts    67 marks
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »

Yes, his woman! Nyree held on all the tighter when he said it. His wholly. His always. Climbing farther into his lap until her thighs settled around his hips, feet tucked under him. His. Nyree had always wanted to be Enele’s woman, even when she’d been too young to be any sort of woman. She’d always been Enele’s. She just had to find a way to make him hers that he wouldn’t buck against.

”You were here.” And he was the only reason why Nyree would have crossed into Little Terreille. But Nyree would have gone anywhere for Enele. Been anything for Enele. She buried her face in his chest, wanting close. More of his hand in her hair and down her back. Mumbling nonsense as he agreed to use corvians rather than foreign queens. Nose sliding up his chest until it was tucked in his neck.

”At a time,” she choked, not sure when she’d brought him the turtle. Just knew she had, and fed it whenever she’d had a chance to slip into his room. Smell his pillow and trade things with him. Flowers under his mattress and rocks in his boots for whatever he had she needed. Nyree touched his face, shaky fingers tip toeing across his cheek. She’d miss his bed too. ”A little,” she murmured, following him deeper into the bed, and curling under the blanket with him.

”She gave it back,” she smiled, reaching to wrap her hand around his wrist. Felt the smooth, warm beads of Opal under her hands. Holding on, Nyree looked at him, head tilting. Her finger crept back to his neck, curling over his shoulder so that she had him two places. Held on tight in case he tried to buck her. Eyes wet but clear as she met his. Brown and blue. She’d always been different. Never really belonged.

”Of course I’m sure. Enele... I’ve always been sure about you.” She’d loved him a long time. Nyree frowned, let go of his Opal and slid her hand up his arm, cupping his jaw in both palms. ”I was wrong and stupid to send you away and break my promise. I won’t make anymore, but you’ll see.” Just how sure she was. ”I’ll show you.”

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    216 Posts    126 marks
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 11:19:55 PM »

”I…” For a second he hesitated. She was already so upset. How could he say something that might hurt her feelings more? But why save a second hurt for later? He decided to get it out now. Not all of the doubts, but the biggest measure of his uncertainty. ”I didn’t think that would matter. You were so sad and hurt after what I said about the dream hooks.” Too afraid to even think the word fix or broken while she was so close. ”I didn’t think I’d ever see you again.”

Didn’t think she loved him enough to come.

That uncomfortable conversation would have to wait, though. It was out there, for discussing when they were ready. There was still a lot of healing left to do.

Joining her strained giggles with a low chuckle. ”How long has that poor thing been living in there?” He was sure his room was lonely and boring. At least to a turtle. Really he should have expected it. She was always taking his things and leaving her own for him to find. Window plants that had died before he ever got to see them in bloom. Stones in the toes of his boots. A turtle under his bed apparently.

Enele would never understand how she still trusted him to keep her safe. Or even warm. Cuddling against him under the blanket. Circling his wrist with her small hands. ”She did. It wasn’t her that took it away, though.” It was a good sign. A sign that he was well enough to think about moving on. Or running. Which was all he wanted to do just then. Scoop her up and run her somewhere safe.

”No.” He tried to shush her. Chin tipped towards her and hands spreading across her back. ”No. You were hurt. I was the stupid, wrong one. I knew from the start I would mess things up eventually. And I did. I’ll keep messing up, too. I don’t mean to, I don’t want to. The last thing in the world I want is to be a reason you’re sad or angry. I just can’t help it. If you let me follow you, I will, I can’t help that either. I’ll just keeping messing up again and again though.”

He kissed her. Right on the mouth. Thought he could still taste a hint of honey. ”You could take the money. Go anywhere you wanted. Live a good life without me around to wreck it.”

Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen

Glacia Kaeleer
    201 Posts    67 marks
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 05:47:44 AM »

Nyree shook her head. She could not deny his words, though, not really. He’d ripped her heart from her chest that night. But he’d been right too. Nyree had been in need of fixing. Maybe she still was, but she didn’t claw at him in her sleep. The hooks stayed in her own head now, when she slept.

”I’m sorry.” More sorry than he could ever know.

He’d promised she hadn’t needed fixing. That she hadn’t been broken. But he’d promised in ignorance. Nyree, desperate for someone to finally see she wasn’t damaged, had held him to it, even when she shouldn’t have. And in doing that she’d destroyed the good thing between them and broken Enele’s faith in her.

Now she would have to build it back up. She would start by not hiding turtles in his room again.

”I took care of it!” She defended, smiling at his laugh. She hadn’t heard him do that since she’d come. It was the best sound in the world, after his snarling. Or maybe before. Smiled and helped make a nest of them, tucking in the blanket around him too. Catching it with her fingertips so she didn’t have to let go of him. Thumb sweeping the pulse under his Jewels. ”Good.” They shouldn’t have taken it at all. But Nyree understood. They had been frightened of him.

”Yes,” she argued. Fingers trying to work his guilt away. But Enele still thought he was dangerous. Always lecturing her about warlord princes. Learning now he hadn’t just meant their violence, but his love, was dangerous. Nyree thought he was worth the hurt, though. ”Hush. I don’t believe any of those things.” Not a one. Her Enele was good and strong and fair. And hers.

Hers. Nyree kissed him back, her whole body leaning into the press of lips, yearning. Arms tight around his neck, one foot slinking out from under his thigh to hook around his waist. Hers.

”Enele,” Nyree sighed, heart racing, forehead resting against his. ”There is no good life without you.” She knew. She’d been to Dena Nehele. Been allowed to be a queen. Made friends and had fun. But she’d missed him every day and cried for him every night.

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    216 Posts    126 marks
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 12:23:07 PM »

That wasn’t what he wanted. Skin between his eyebrow pinching he scowled over the crown of her head. Where she couldn’t see. Letting out a long, low sigh. He didn’t want her to be sorry. There was no going back. No repairing what he had broken. Probably for the best. He would likely make the same mistake again.

At least now she knew. That he expected nothing, and would understand if she left. Or made him leave again. ”I’m sorry too.” He promised. Hands gently possessive over her body. Thumbs stroking away the tension. Easing the way for turtle talk.

”Must have. Or else the smell would have lead me to it.” He teased. Relaxing into the hand she fondled around his Jewel. A tingle when it brushed her skin reminding him it was still alive. Still strong. As his webs healed fully the Opal would too. That was what the healers had said. Not the puppy that had taken the Jewel to begin with, but the little apprentice women they sent in after that. Hoping, probably, that females would take some of the edge off.

They had not. But he was glad to have the ache of distance from his Offering over with. Even if the widow and healers had not decided he was ready to wield it again. Enele would test its limits himself. Mostly careful. Little Craft by little craft. Until he was sure of it’s abilities again. Just like he would do with his arm.

He had almost forgotten how stubborn she was. Jaw setting against him and hands trying to sooth the words away. Annoyed by here response Enele shook his head. That felt nice now too. Dense curls finally clipped away. His scalp could breath. ”You should, Nyree, you should. I’ve proven it a hundred times over.” Killed her once! Hurt her more times than he could count- and he didn’t even know about them all. How could she not believe he would keep hurting her?!

But they were already kissing. Nyree ringing him in with one leg. Turning him to warm stone. Good hand finding the curve of her ass before he could stop himself. Too long without her, without any heated touches. Arm pain forgotten when she stopped to breath.

Speaking sweet words at him. ”Then we’ll go to a place I know. A place you can be safe.” His life was no good without her either. If he was careful she might be happy there. The land would welcome her, bare feet and all. ”Soon. Tomorrow maybe. I have to get my marks for this job first. In a little while we’ll go out. Buy paper and send letters home. We can’t make any real plans here, though, I don’t know who might be listening.”

Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen

Glacia Kaeleer
    201 Posts    67 marks
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 06:03:59 PM »

”Hardly!” She argued. Never on purpose, except for when he asked. Nyree thought he needed reminding of that. A little sigh against his tongue, rocking into his hand as she kissed him. Warm and hard and hers. Finding that he didn’t taste any different. Her Enele. Nyree could have kissed him forever. Wanted to spend forever kissing him.

Every morning. Every night.

”Okay.” Nyree agreed. A place he knew, where she could be safe. That meant it was a place with Enele in it. She was safest with him. Happiest with him. Cheek kissed because she could. Not wanting to stir too much desire between them. The dark halls too oppressive against her psyche, and the ground to greedy beneath her feet for her to give in to him fully. But she wanted to. Soon.

”Tomorrow would be good.” Nyree agreed, nose in his ear. It would be nice to get out of this place with him, even if it was in the streets of their filthy city. Nyree held him tight, giddy with nearness. ”Oh!” She breathed, sitting up to stare at him. ”I owe Dena Nehele a horse, Enele. I stole one on my way back.” Flush with shame for her act of banditry, but not regret. Not when it lead her back to him. ”We can take care of that too, right? I have marks too.” Nyree thought about it.

”How much do horses cost?” She wouldn’t ask about who was listening. Or why they were. But she looked at him, knowledge behind her dark eyes. She’d heard. She understood. Fingers curling into his shirt for safety.

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    216 Posts    126 marks
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 09:47:04 PM »

Sigh something close to contentment Enele leaned into the lips she put on his cheek. Not sure how long this would last. But in for the finding out. As long as Bee wanted him there. In whatever ways she would let.

”I think so. I think I’m alright to travel.” Not on the Winds, since he couldn’t hold Bee. Didn’t trust his Opal for it yet, either if he were being completely honest. Enele rarely was, not even with himself. Those doubts turned to mischief laughter. ”Stole a horse?!”

The moxy on this minx! She blushed over it. Prompting him to smooth his thumbs over his cheek. ”It’s alright. They forgive you. Those chaps are so queen hungry you could have stolen half their menfolk and they’d have just thanked you.” He ran a hand over her back. Not sure what the going cost of a horse was. Especially not in a place like Dena Nehele were the worth of marks fluctuated. So ripe with poverty they ate horses as often as they rode them. Or so he had heard.

Drawing her over his chest Enele laid back on the bed. Ready to rest his shoulder, and maybe his eyes for a few minutes. ”We’ll go to the stables, find out how much a horse costs. Then send double the marks to whoever you stole it from.” Get a couple of horses for themselves too. A good means of travel, especially where they were going. Nyree would be excited too. Picking out a pony of her own. Probably end up picking his out too, knowing her. He said none of that there, just in case. Needed no one to know they would leave on horseback. ”Don’t let me fall asleep, Bee. We have to get supplies and send letters home. I just need to lay here a few minutes.” Then he would see to it all. Put the wheels in motion so his woman and their people were safe.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SUMMER - AW103

The seasons will change on 4/19.

Recent Topics

Oh, its you by Peitar
[January 26, 2020, 06:16:38 PM]

Mountain Shadows by Valeska Spearfang
[December 16, 2019, 11:19:15 PM]

Wayward Seasons by Winter
[December 07, 2019, 08:14:04 AM]

Ianthe Sparrowhawke by The Darkness
[December 06, 2019, 06:46:32 PM]

Afternoon Snack by Aramis Dupuis
[November 20, 2019, 09:47:32 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner