Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • witch
  • Played By: dergon

House Slave
    Pruul Terreille
    4 Posts    0 marks
queen dust & mine dreams
« on: August 19, 2018, 04:39:26 PM »

She had worried as the caravan had lumbered past the salt mines that she had committed some unimaginable slight and would be forced to work in the seething, biting dark of the mines. Some nights Sesasi still had nightmares of the bent bodies that were supposed to be men walking in and out of the cavernous mouths of the mines. Her fate had been kinder.

A queen’s residence. She’d served in a house before, but nothing so prestigious. Here her room was smaller, but she shared it with one less girl. And the overseer did not leer quite so harshly as her previous station. Anything was better than the mines, of course.

But it made her shy, to serve in a queen’s household. It was as if they had cut her tongue from her mouth. Her work silent and trembling. Surely expectations would he doubled and punishment tripled for any offense. Today she was to serve in the lady’s rooms. Dusting and polishing. Bringing up a light morning snack and cup of strong tea that smelled bitter to her nose.

She had in her pocket two scraps of paper she hoped to see mailed when the chance arose. One for her sister, and one for her husband, just in case. To let them both know where she was now, moved half way across the territory after being sold on the block for an infraction she couldn’t even name.

Tray balanced carefully in one hand, held steady by craft, Sesasi knocked at the door. Tried to pitch her voice through the crack, unsure how to address a queen. There had been no mistress in her last house. Only a master more fickle than the winds.

”Your morning tray, lady.”

@Jenn

Nayaase Aca

White to Rose
  • Black Widow Queen
  • Played By: Jenn

Iztatlan District Queen
    Pruul Terreille
    3 Posts    60 marks
Re: queen dust & mine dreams
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 10:29:07 PM »
Her smile was forced as Chimalli chattered about his most recent training exercise. Naya was generally an extremely attentive mother, heaping her son with as much of the love and adoration that she'd always lacked in her own childhood. She never wanted Chim to feel like he was unwanted and unloved. But today, her mother had come this morning. Come on a Sapphire wind and ruined any chance of a good morning Nayaase might have had.

Come with her snark and her demands. Her insistence that Naya was running her court the wrong way. Insistence that Atl needed the raising of Chimalli. An old argument and one the old woman never won. A threat and promise and she finally left. Poor Chimalli got the brunt of it, a mother more preoccupied with the threat of his grandmother than his current crush on his instructor. "Wonderful, my love," she murmured as she moved to grab a robe from the corner of the bed post only half an ear on his words.

She twisted at the knock on the door and her brows pulled low at the unfamiliar voice. Another slave bought to replace whatever soul had disagreed with their treatment. It annoyed her when they insisted they were treated poorly. Naya made it a point to treat her slaves properly. "Enter," she called and motioned for Chimalli to cease his pacing and sit like a proper little prince.

"Come in and place the tray here," she told the girl and pointed at the table her son seated himself at. The girl who entered was pretty in a starved waif sort of way and Naya was already calculating how much she needed to feed the girl to fatten her up. "You're new?" she asked, "Have you been told your duties?"

Sesasi

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • witch

House Slave
    Pruul Terreille
    4 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 04:54:04 PM »

Sesasi dipped low, simple cotton skirt turning ruffled around her calves. The tray remained steady, not a single saucer daring to tremble. She was a leaf in wild wind on the inside, but she knew that if she let it out it would be disastrous. Not just for the perfectly set tray, but for her life.

Head ducking, Sesasi did as she was bid. A soft clatter as she set the tray on the edge of the table and then slid it to the middle. A quick glance for the little prince who sat at the table. Sesasi didn’t dare look at him, not really, or even smile. She liked children quite a lot, but her terror was greater than her enjoyment.

”Yes, ma’am, uh, forgiveness, lady.” Back turned to the tray and table, she dropped into another curtsy, startled by the question. Not daring to look higher than the queen’s feet, she clutched her hands and tried to think of the right answer. ”To bring your tray, lady, and then clean the room should you wish.” Beyond that Sesasi did not know. Once done she was to return to the overseer and be assigned her next task, she assumed.

”Did you wish it, lady? To have the room seen to?” Aware of the unexpected boy behind her and to the right. Afraid she had intruded where she was not meant to. But she had sent!

Nayaase Aca

White to Rose
  • Black Widow Queen

Iztatlan District Queen
    Pruul Terreille
    3 Posts    60 marks
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 10:32:23 AM »
"There is nothing to forgive," Nayaase smiled kindly at the slave. She was pleased that the girl knew something of what was polite and proper, nodding in approval as the skinny little waif dropped into a curtsy. Full lips dropped into a frown as the girl stopped her eyes at Naya's ankles. She appreciated obedience and subservience in her slaves, but this level grated on her nerves. Naya was an anomaly in her opinion.

Robe slid into place on her shoulders, the sheer fabric falling to about mid-calf and Naya moved to walk around the slave. She reveled for a moment in the fact that this jewel stronger girl had fear for her. Fear could be a heady thing. Lovely and powerful when you gave the emotion to another. She was taller than Naya by a few inches and the queen could appreciate that fact. In time. Time she would spend wonderfully with this girl.

It was decided. Naya would keep her, for whatever she wanted. "There are many things I wish seen to," she said smoothly as she ran a hand down the girl's back, "But for now I wish to know your name." Perhaps she could make a companion of this girl for Chimalli. His last companion used to roughly by one of her court. The guard punished and the girl sent away. She broke off the sigh at the thought. Naya had liked that girl.

"Would you like to sit?" she asked suddenly as she came around to the front of the girl. Slender, long fingered hand placed beneath the girl's chin. Lifting she ducked her head slightly to look the girl in the face. "You may sit here, with Chimalli and I. I so dislike having to look up at the people I am speaking to." She paused for a moment, allowing the request to sink into the girl's brain. "There is nothing to fear in this room, girl."

For now.

Sesasi

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • witch

House Slave
    Pruul Terreille
    4 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 05:58:56 AM »

Sesasi sucked her inner cheeks just passed the edges of her teeth and bit them. Hair compressed and parted down her spine as the queen pet her. It was a good way to worry, a way that did not give her up to those watching. Maybe it was the way of queens. Sesasi did not know, but she would learn, now that she was in the service of one.

”Sesasi, lady.” Once she’d had more than the one. That seemed so long ago now, however. Years stretching backward like eternity. Now her name served no other function than to label her. A word used to summon, dismiss, or call her out. So they would know which slave went where and did what, if they even cared. Sesasi did not need more than one for that.

Stalked. That was how she felt. The queen making circles around her so that Sesasi could not keep up. Table bumped with hip as she was asked questions she should not be. How could she answer such a thing but with, ”Lady?” To sit in a queen’s presence was surely sacrilege. Was the question a trick one, to know she was not lazy? She was stronger than she looked, not at all tired.

Sesasi blinked, when touched. Chin lifted. Eye to eye with the queen though she tried not to be. It made her knees weak like water. Her fingers tore at each other, clutched in front of her. Cheeks bit so hard she felt when the skin separated.

”If it pleases the lady.” Sesasi finally answered, fearing continued silence would see her punished for mulishness or insolence. She curtsied again, and then found herself having to choose a chair. Cues taken from the queen herself, subtle body movements Sesasi had grown more aware of since she’d allowed herself to be sold and stripped of her personhood. The silent ways people communicated, even herself.

She sat as if her bones ached with the movement. Slowly and carefully, hands folded in her lap and eyes focused on her hands. Was she to pour? Serve? What had she to speak of a with a queen? The lady said there was nothing to fear in the room, but Sesasi felt plenty of fear, bred from uncertainty. And the knowledge that she would leave this room. Would she punished if she was too long? She could dust nothing from the table.

”Shall I pour for you, lady?” The boy? Anyone or anything but sit there as if she had rights.

Nayaase Aca

White to Rose
  • Black Widow Queen

Iztatlan District Queen
    Pruul Terreille
    3 Posts    60 marks
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 01:54:51 PM »
"Sesasi," she said, "A good name. A fitting name." Naya was enjoying the feelings this little slave was giving off in waves far too much. Confusion, fear, uncertainty. Like nectar from a flower. Naya had to breath deeply to control herself. Brown eyes followed the girl even as she tried not to look Naya directly in them. Far to much the woman was enjoying the hunt. She nearly felt sorry the chit, her gaze darted to Chimalli and Naya realized she was setting a bad precedent for her young Princeling. She drew her herself just a bit, fingers still touching the girl's chin, "It would please me very much."

She could understand this Sesasi's confusion. Naya was a force unto herself and here in her own rooms, the Queen did what she wanted. Who she wanted and woe be to those who tried to stop her. She could play the perfectly coiffed and protocol driven Queen she was supposed to be, but here in private was a completely different tale. She watched with satisfaction when the slave sat with her hands gripped in her lap. The calming spell was within her fingers before Naya even moved forward. Her need to sooth everyone and not just males, driving the creation of the web she laid against the girl's shoulder as she passed by.

"Be easy, Sesasi," she said soothingly as the calming spell drifted down, "No harm will come to you here." At that moment anyway. Naya sat smoothly in a padded chair not far from the slave girl and leaned forward to grab something from the tray. Sharp teeth bit into the food as she studied the girl before her. Chimalli watched his mother with rapt attention and Naya knew she would have to tread carefully in his presence when dealing with this sweetling, lest her precious son turned into a tyrant with Sesasi.

"How did you come to be a slave," she asked with a wave of her hand, "You were not born to it, correct?" She did not have that feel, no matter how frightened and submissive the girl was. Naya could tell a born slave from a person sold into it. She never could explain it, but they just felt differently to her. She blamed her black widow side. "You may pour if it will make you feel better, Sesasi." Naya had a hope that eventually the use of her name would calm the girl, perhaps entice her to look at Naya without being forced to do so.

Sesasi

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • witch

House Slave
    Pruul Terreille
    4 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 06:30:15 AM »

Never had a person been so pleased with her name. It was the same as she’d had all her life and she supposed it was fitting. She’d never worn another to know the difference. It was still unnerving, to have her name so praised and her eyes so sought. By a queen, no less. Her new owner and master of them all. Sesasi was grateful to escape those searching eyes.

Even if it meant sitting at the table. At least it pleased the queen, hands settling on her shoulders as she passed. The touch light and swift, she might have imagined it except for the sensation along her shoulders. Head bobbing, she waited as the queen sat as well, choosing food from the tray. The boy watching his mother, and Sesasi trying to watch them both without actually looking.

”Yes lady, that is correct.” The words came slowly. Her body twitching with the question. It was hard to be easy with such startling interest directed toward her. Though maybe the queen wished to be sure she was not a criminal, or something worse. ”I sold myself, to pay off debts.” She did not elaborate further than that, accepting permission to pour gratefully. She filled two cups precisely, reciting to herself the instructions she had received while adding cream and sugar.

But no one had told her about the queen’s son. At least not his preferences in drink.

”I’m very sorry, I do not know how the prince takes his tea.” She hesitated, hands resting near the sugar pot. Little boys liked sweet things, she though. Most of the children she’d met had.

Nayaase Aca

White to Rose
  • Black Widow Queen

Iztatlan District Queen
    Pruul Terreille
    3 Posts    60 marks
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 09:33:55 AM »
Naya was a predator, pure and simple, a predator that had sited her prey. She wanted this little worried and frightened slave for her own without any doubts now. So prim and so proper. Nayaase wondered if she could make her shout to the Darkness. She bet she could. She made a mental note to discuss it with the slave master. Sesasi was going to be hers. For as long as she wanted it her. Naya's wants were always a fickle thing, but she would never tell this nervous little bird that at any moment she could be sent to the salt mines for Naya's boredom.

Nayaase hadn't started out life as the slick and clever predator she was. What child did? But a cruel mother and too many expectations had created a woman who did what she wanted when she could. And she could do what she wanted with a slave girl. She murmured around the food she had in her mouth while Sesasi told her of her tale. Sold for debts. Not surprising really. Naya had many a slave for the very same reason. "Your debts or another, Sesasi?" she asked the girl.

Naya doubted they were hers. She looked far to innocent of the world to have a single debt in place. Oh no. Naya had a feeling they belonged to someone else. Poor little Sesasi, sold to pay someone else's debts. She took a sip of the tea the slave had prepared, "Perfect," she said with a smile that tried to be gentle and caring. All the while a mantra not to scare the girl more than she was running through her mind.

"Chimalli will not be taking tea any longer," she determined, "It is far past the time for his daily training with the guards. Give me a kiss here and off you go." She pointed to the upturned cheek she present and the boy followed her direction quickly and with his mouth open for argument. A glare shot his way silenced the boy and he sulked his way out the door.

"Now," Naya began with another smile that tried for gentle, "Tell me the truth of how you came to be here and we'll discuss your duties at length."

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Summer - AW102

The seasons will change on 01/19.

Recent Topics

Eionian by The Darkness
[Today at 08:13:44 PM]

Transactions by dergon
[Today at 07:24:05 PM]

Eulie's Boys by Vrai
[Today at 06:16:59 PM]

A Flower in the Garden by Darion Greenstone
[Today at 03:14:09 PM]

Vaitaire by The Darkness
[Today at 11:00:49 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Confidante
Any | Open Jewels | Hayll
companion of Neha Rajani

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner
May 2018 Featured RPG