Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

The Blind Prince
    Askavi Terreille
    54 Posts    58 marks
Re: Just a little vacay
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 12:37:52 AM »

”Should have tipped her better. Then you’d still be her best boy.” Peitar suggested. That was all they were, really. Young men, puppies still. Milk teeth broken on other men’s bones so that they seemed older. Felt like they were grown. Most of the truly old warriors turned to dust. If the way they spoke to one another wasn’t evidence enough of it then their scared young bodies were.

Without sitting up he moved his hand from the woman’s jaw to her shoulder. Pushing down to keep her from trying to upend him. They could speak without him knowing. Not on threads, his probes were to sharp for that, but with their hands and facial expressions. Bodies only shadowed figures to his probes. So that he knew which was their head. Faces and fingers though, they were impossible to define without eyesight.

He liked Talimar but he didn’t trust him not to do something stupid. He was a bleeding heart. And a bit of a whore. Peitar had seen him through the memories of a few village girls. There was no questioning why they went back time and again. ”These women, Talimar... They don’t really appreciate men like you and I. Men who left behind more than just blood on the battlefield so that they flap around the territory without worrying Dhemlan dogs or their own damned daddy’s might shatter their jewels.”

Like everything they made him sore. And angry! So angry he could have killed this one just for being a brat.

”Steal them? Not you, Tali. You’ve never kept a lover longer than a season. That’s more like… borrowing.” He teased. Not knowing he shared the sharp edged smile of the other man. He shrugged his shoulders, lip wetted under his tongue. He could hear the soft rustle of wings relaxing down the warlord’s back then lifting again as he shrugged. ”Never got to see one. Too late now I guess. The children might like it though.”

Not many. None his. But they were there in his village of raiders and thieves. The next generation growing up under his watchful care. ”Doesn’t feel like there’s much under my ass. I doubt you’re missing anything.” He told Talimar, turning his attention back to the woman. Average then, she must have been. At least in the face. He tapped her cheek to see if she had been crying. That always made them look wretched. Without looking down at the witch he warned her, ”Looks are deceptive. Tali here would fuck anything that laid down long enough for him to fit it into.”

He tilted his head with a wide, almost apologetic grin in Talimar’s general direction. Listening to the girl swallow her pride and the warlord’s continued banter.

”You could have tried. I might have left enough for you to drag back home to that pretty sister.” He had seen her through the eyes of others too. Not clearly. She might have looked like a donkey for all he cared. Men were sensitive about their womenfolk, it made them easy targets for teasing.

Shrugging he thought about it. He had not fucked Talimar’s hearth witch, or any woman, to death. Or near death. Not unless a few body shaking orgasms counted. But he had no use for this woman. ”So I give you the girl, then what do I get?”

He knew what he wanted. A fair trade that would please Talimar, no doubt. ”We could barter if you want. I need a favor for a nice. Sensible. Polite.” He said each word roughly at the woman still pinned under him, ”girl in the village.”

Talimar

Summer-sky to Opal
  • Prince
  • Played By: dergon

Askavi Terreille
    26 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 08:48:34 PM »

”I know.” Soft spoken acknowledgement of what they’d lost. The evidence of what Talimar had been stripped of hidden beneath his wing. He looked at her again. He’d pay the price again and again for them to feel free. Wished they weren’t so foolish, but at least they were free.

Talimar sucked his tongue, the tip of it sticking between his teeth. He tried not to smile, and failed. Hardly blushed though.

”You make me sound like a red moon girl, Peitar.” Talimar didn’t get paid for his fucking. He just fell in love easy, was all. And was gentle with those that climbed into his bed. ”The children might,” he mused. ”Bet you would too.” He didn’t need to see it. Plenty of stimulation. Strange to go from lovers to children. And then back again.

Peitar trying to throw her off him.

”Or a rapist.” He hissed. But that wasn’t what drew Talimar out. More amused than insulted by the image. It was the threat. The same threat they’d spent half their lifetimes protecting by pretending. Wings mantling. Spread wide in menace, the price Talimar had paid writ against the sky. The missing half of his wing. Sister. Rian. She’d been his brother last they’d mingled with Peitar for any time. ”Don’t.” He warned.

Peitar seemed to shrug the thought away. The girl offering herself up as a good cook in need of work. Talimar had almost forgotten her, blood chasing all thoughts but those bent on protecting his sister from his head. He looked at her. Roughed up and starting to look weepy under Peitar. Sighing, he folded his wings back down, the lesser tucked under the safety of the whole.

”What are you after, Peitar?” Wary. Talimar tried shaking his head at her. A grimace. He didn’t need her, not really. But he wasn’t going to let the bastard murder her, or worse. Wasn’t going to sell flesh for flesh either. Damn the scavenger. The war was over.

Meridian

Purple Dusk to Sapphire
  • Hearth Witch
  • Played By: Jenn

Askavi Terreille
    13 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 10:20:56 PM »
What could she do but lay here and endure while they bantered back and forth to each other. She could appreciate what this Talimar was doing for her. Saving her life and saving her from something far worse than death in her opinion. Peitar was no better than the Dhemlan soldiers who'd murdered her parents with his threats of rape and death. For once Meridian had the smarts to keep it to herself. She knew subconsciously if she voiced that thought nothing Talimar could do would save her from herself.

She wrenched her head away from the curious pat of his hand. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing that he had made her cry. It might not have been heaving, frightened sobs but the tears had burned her where they slid into her hair. She had swallowed her pride when she sought to bargain with Talimar. Anything to get her free from the male who'd captured her.

"I suppose I'll have to stay on the move then."

He would trade her to Talimar like he owned her and maybe in that moment he did. She'd left herself open to attack, something she'd never done before. Something she would never do again. She was already formulating a plan. A plan to find a different male, a male who would teach her proper shields. Air tight shields. Shields that would hold out against this very same male. Just in case.

"Sounds rather boring. Nice, sensible and polite," she tried to shrug from where he had her pinned beneath him. She'd never been properly socialized. Never knew exactly how to deal with others of her own kind or another kind. "But by all means, do this favor so I can leave." Be quit of the entire province. She'd never return here. Never leave herself open for attack again. A shake of Talimar's head and Meridian snapped her jaw closed. Be silent fool!

Peitar

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

The Blind Prince
    Askavi Terreille
    54 Posts    58 marks
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »

”Nah,” Peitar smiled wider. Hands leaving the woman as he sat back harder on his heels. Getting into the banter but as watchful as ever. Probes strong. Alert. Ready for trickery. At complete odds with the easy humor in his voice. ”red moon girls get paid to fuck.” Switching easily from one topic to the next without hesitation. Avoiding the one topic the other two eyriens most wanted his attention on.

He wasn’t ready to argue or give up the woman. Let her sweat.

Hearth witches were just something else, he decided. The child-one had been a bit wiser. Or more innocent. Maybe just a sweeter creature by nature. He’d have liked to find out but she gave him no reason to think she was ready. They both seemed to have strange perceptions of reality, though. Seeing heroes where regular men stood. Talimar would leave this woman to die, Peitar knew it, if push came to shove. And Peitar had done things that would turn Baian cold with sick fear if she knew.

Ear cocking towards the sound Peitar tensed. By is calf Dog bristled silently. He could feel her hairs standing on end. Probes told him that Talimar was suddenly wider. Wings on display. A strand of Sapphire ran over the jagged edge of what the prince was missing. ”Or what?” Peitar challenged. Just because he could.

”You can come spar with me anytime if you want a fight, Tali. If I wanted to sniff your sister I’d have done it by now. I don’t, usually, take my frustrations out on eyrien women.” Some circumstances called for it. Case in point still held firmly between his knees. Why force himself on perfectly well behaved ladies when he could take what he needed from Dhemlanese trash over the border; or just ask around camp for any takers.

They were afraid of him, some of the really young and pretty ones. Pretty didn’t matter as much as tolerant these days. So he fucked the mature widows and lonesome housewives. Under him the hearth witch spoke again. He grabbed her shoulders and gave her a shake. ”No one asked you. But there’s your answer I guess Talimar. Nice, sensible, polite people bore her. Sounds like she’d rather I throw her to the boys.”

He should have killed the bitch and spared them all the trouble she was causing. ”You remember Allanar? We all ended up camped together around Short Drop Pond for a few weeks in the summer before they burned that queen’s school in the south.” The memory rose up and Peitar could taste the smoke again. Remembered too the good time they’d had making war over the pond against a pinned in troop of enemy soldiers. Two bands of brothers waiting the Dhemlanese out until they could fight them man to man. And sister, apparently. ”I owe him a favor. He came to cash it in, looking for someone to see his daughter’s virgin night done. I don’t them anymore, but she only wears a Rose birthright. You could see her through.”

Had the temperament for it, unlike Peitar. Who would terrify the girl and likely turn her off sex for life. Her webs would be fine, most likely, but there was no reason to ruin a perfectly well adjusted 80 year old. ”Do that for me in a few nights. You can take this one off my hands and we’ll call it fair.” 

Talimar

Summer-sky to Opal
  • Prince
  • Played By: dergon

Askavi Terreille
    26 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »

”Don’t.” Talimar repeated, refusing to rise to the second bait dangled before him. The question didn’t need answered. Or what. Talimar would die, probably, but he’d die in defense of his sister. They’d fight when they didn’t need too. Not enemies, they had been allies through the war. But a sister changed all the rules. All of them.

”She’s as likely to stab you as I am, Peitar.” Prickly Rian. Talimar was never sure if she was interested or disgusted by a man. Most didn’t come back around a second time. Except Briar, but he knew those two hadn’t tried a bed beneath them. ”But I’ll come spar some time, just to remind you who’s the better warrior.” He smirked, even if Peitar couldn’t see it. Eyes sliding toward the witch, he rolled them.

The woman really had a mouth on her. A loud and stupid one. No wonder why Peitar had her held down for a good slapping. She’d have been broken and tamed in an older Askavi. Foolish witch. Maybe they did have it too easy now. Forgetting even the rudimentary’s of protocol. Still, he didn’t want to see her die for it.

”I’ve plenty of drunks at the inn to keep her interested then. You owe me a hearth witch, Peitar.” He would never fire the one he had. The old woman frightened him. Plus she did a damn good job. ”Get on with your offer, old boy.” His wings folded back over each other, arms crossing his chest. He shook his head at the witch again. Quiet, quiet. He could save her from herself if she kept riling Peitar up.

”I remember.” Talimar’s head cocked as he dug the memory up. Eyes sliding skyward as his mind pulled up the pond. Scattered soldiers. The Dhemlanese at a disadvantage. The Eyrien warriors could cross the pond on swift wings. Falling on their enemies from the sky. Some had swam. Rocketing out of the water and terrifying the wingless soldiers. ”I didn’t know he had a daughter.” Tali scratched his chin with a thumb.

He didn’t like bedding virgins. He was good at it. A patient lover with strong shields. But their nervousness and fear unsettled him. Made him feel guilty for making them feel good. They were easy to fall in love with, and they sometimes fell too hard back.

”Alright. For Allanar, more than you. And his poor daughter. She deserves a face to look at prettier than yours.” Talimar held a hand out, fingers curling. ”Hand over my new laundress, Peitar.” He braced himself. Hoped she ran to him instead of away once let go. ”Hurry up before you squish her to death. I’d like some curves left on her before I get her home.” Eyes cutting to the witch, he raised his eyebrows in silent communication.

Meridian

Purple Dusk to Sapphire
  • Hearth Witch
  • Played By: Jenn

Askavi Terreille
    13 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 03:00:39 PM »

Meridian would never admit to either of these men that she was disgusted with herself at this very moment. If Talimar had voiced his concerns about her knowledge of protocol she would agree with him. She had forgotten everything her father had taught her in the face of her fear and she had put her sister at risk of being without her family because of her fool mouth. Teeth snapped shut on her tongue and she winced with the pain. No more words, she screamed at herself.

She could get through their bartering. She could make it to the end of this farce of an adventure. She would never take another. Find herself a hole to bury herself in and never come down from the mountains again. She didn't need to be around people. She could manage alone. She'd done it for so long before, she could do it again. She didn't need anyone. Only herself.

She would pretend to go with this Talimar. As soon as the scarred Peitar let her up she would move to him and wait as patiently as she could manage. And as soon as the other Eyrien was gone, so was Meridian. She wouldn't stick around for this Talimar to turn on her too. She couldn't take that chance. She'd let her guard down once and look what happened? She wouldn't. Couldn't do it again.

She stared at Talimar while her mind willed Peitar to climb off of her. She didn't trust either of them to hold to their word but she could pretend. If it meant she would survive this encounter she could pretend to lick the male's boots. Not Peitar's, she'd never give that male the satisfaction, but she'd pretend to bow to Talimar.

If Peitar would just let her up.

Peitar

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

The Blind Prince
    Askavi Terreille
    54 Posts    58 marks
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »

Peitar didn’t have to see Tali’s smirk to know it was there. He could picture it, just from the way every vowel in his words curled up at the end. ”You should, it's good for my boys to see it's not just their asses I kick.”

And not just basically defenseless womenfolk. It just made Peitar so angry! He’d lost a mother and two brothers in the fighting. For a ‘free Askavi’ where everything was new. Women shifting the balance of control. All so they could do this shit. Insult the people that had suffered so they could mouth off.

”Fine, you can have this one. But don’t come to me if she runs off your customers with her bad attitude.” Or led to a nasty barfight. Some people were just terrible company. Today that was Peitar. A nice day turned sideways over a pocketful of lint. The tension in the meadow was clearing now that they were working on a deal. He could feel the beat of Dog’s tail on his thigh. As sure a sign as any that Talimar’s posture was friendly.

Peitar could hear the drag of Tali’s fingernail on short stubble. And the woman under him waiting to see if things would work out. ”Well, he didn’t then. She’s only sixty or so.” A bit of a shy girl but she cleaned Peitar’s house from time to time. As long as he wasn’t in it.

”It’s not my face that’s the problem, Tali. She shouldn’t have to take so much the very first time is all.” He flashed his teeth. And rose up off his knees. Weight bearing forward on the woman as he got his feet flat on the ground. ”Have her. Seems like a waste of your time, though, Talimar. She’ll get herself killed with that mouth.”

He was far from the most dangerous thing in Askavi. Wings flicking in annoyance he stood. Letting Dog guide his foot over the woman. Canine shoulder to his knee as she stepped lithely over. ”The girl’s name is Alain,” Of course it was. Eyrien men were as vain anything The Darkness put out. ”I’ll send her along when they get back from their summer stay on the isle.”

Then he was done. Back turned on them as he stalked off the meadow. ”You keep your new laundress out of my district Talimar.” He wouldn’t be quite so patient next time.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SPRING - AW103

The seasons will change on 12/19.

Recent Topics

Afternoon Snack by Aramis Dupuis
[Yesterday at 11:19:09 PM]

Testing boundaries [cw] by Danger
[October 13, 2019, 12:14:02 PM]

Not a Spider or a Fly by Jin-ae So
[October 07, 2019, 11:42:47 PM]

Mountain Shadows by Valeska Spearfang
[October 07, 2019, 10:59:10 PM]

crossing boundaries by Finnian Tavish
[October 05, 2019, 09:27:42 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner