Summer-sky to Green
  • Queen
  • Played By: dergon

District Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    33 Posts    216 marks
Re: Gilt prisoners
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 07:51:26 PM »

Lillian ducked his probe, unsure what to do with it. The sensation was more delicate than earlier, less swarm and more curiosity. But she didn’t know if she wanted to get quite so familiar with him just yet. Not until she learned how to moderate her reactions in his presence. He’d get volatile or cocky otherwise, they always did. Looking to take advantage any way they could.

”Well it his. It was my mother’s once, but she lost it.” Her uncle had come to reclaim it, crumbling ruin and all. He’d done a good job rebuilding, but he was heavy handed and the people had trouble taking heart from his rule. ”Ilithian had a great many passions.” All of them seeming to revolve around Askavi. Lillian quite admired her. For that and many other things.

Straightening her hair, Lillian let him in, just a little. The pulse of her surface emotions. The rest locked away behind her barriers. He would have to crack her open like an egg if he wanted deeper. In return, Lillian followed the thread of power back to Peitar. If she was to be inspected, he would have to submit as well.

”Thank you.” Lillian said primly, ignoring the veiled insults and obvious disdain for her plan. He’d agreed to try it her way, that was the important part. Pulling a loose hair from her sleeve, she turned, frown tugging at her lips. ”No, I didn’t expect quite that much. But it will be a start.” She would find a way to make it work for Ilithian. Askavi needed peace. They had been fighting for longer than most of them had been alive.

”They’ll adjust.” They would have to. But Peitar was worrying, for all he’d laughed. Lillian could practically feel it, like a pressure between her shoulder blades that had nothing to do with the weight of her wings. He did not share his thoughts with her, however. Lillian glanced up at him, hand to his mouth, sunk deep in into his seat with them. Shrugging, she slid a little closer since the dog was showing interest in making friends.

”Hello there,” Lillian crooned, giggling as the dog’s tongue swept between her fingers. She abandoned the couch again to kneel on the floor and scratch behind her ears. ”So I see.” She was soft. Short fur gentle on Lillian’s fingers. ”She’s very pretty,” Lilli complimented. ”What’s her name? And what are you brooding over?” She added.

Peitar

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

The Blind Prince
    Askavi Terreille
    54 Posts    58 marks
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 11:11:36 PM »

”I don’t know. Maybe she just wanted to soften me up.” That would be very like Ilithian. Conniving little chit, always sly on what would make a man give in. If Lillian let her uncle rule a district without stepping up then she’d probably do the same in his. Despite what Ilithian liked to believe, not all queens had the personality to rule. Having the Craft to make land healthy didn’t have to give them automatic sovereignty over the place, did it?

Ah well, they would figure it out. Or she would leave. ”That, Lady Lillian, is a serious understatement. Ilithian is one bundle of passion on top of another.” Like a warlord prince in skirts, really. Supposing she wore skirts. Peitar never felt her up to find out.

”That’s all I want. To make up for not being able to read your face.” Peitar assured her as she let his probe slip into her psyche. A cursory hint at her emotions was all he aimed for. No more than what anyone standing in the room might learn from the set of her brow or the line of her mouth. It was fair. Peitar didn’t know how to hide his own. Mood as evident as the color of his hair or the sapphire strung around his neck.

Just as she ignored his goading he ignored her gratitude. It was misplaced, in his opinion. Or too premature. He would just have to hope that Ilithian and Lillian knew what they were doing. So far between the two of him they had done a lot of calming but not actually inspired much confidence. Since Lillian seemed as surprised by the news as Peitar, he decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. Still. She spoke about daydreams. It would be a start, sure, but a start to what?

”Adjust, huh? Not much experience with men I take it?” His probe wiggled. Curious because the question had come up. She was definitely not a virgin, and he was thankful for one less thing to worry about. By his legs Dog’s tail went hyper-happy. Wagging a hard rhythm that beat the air. He didn’t feel her, but he could hear the sound.

Lillian seemed quite taken with her, and Dog returned the affection in the only way she knew how. Licks and soft, gruff rumbles. Not proper barks, she only got loud when there was trouble. She had learned, clever mutt, that Peitar’s good hearing made him prefer softer sounds when it came to cuddling. ”Is she?” Peitar smiled, he liked his things being admired. And wasn’t above adding his own compliments, ”She’s very smart, sometimes I wonder if she’s secretly Kindred and just trying to pull my leg.” He didn’t really believe that, though he had wondered when she was young a puppy. ”I just call her Dog.”

They didn’t like that. People always expected a proper name. But he had never thought of one and she came when he called no matter what he called her. ”I’m not brooding-” Head turning towards the door he listened to the sound of boot soles on the floor. They scuffed lightly along the stones because she was up on her toes again.

”He’s a warlord prince, darling, all they do is brood.” Ilithian giggled as poured back into the room. Calming spells twisting up Peitar’s nerves at the same time they made his head feel heavy. ”What did I miss?”

”Nothing,” He sniffed, the nosy brat. ”we were just talking about Lillian living in a tent. And wearing pants.” Where the Hell was he going to put this girl? Mother Night. If she was determined to stay in a tent he would have to put her by his cabin. It was the only place none of his men would dare intrude on. ”There’s not a shower, either, Lady Britches. You’ll be bathing in the stream same as Dog and I.”

Ilithian giggled again, tucking in next to Lillian for a few dog pets of her own. All Peitar knew was that they were exciting his dog. "When is this supposed to happen, anyway? Is she coming on her own, or do I need to wait for her? We can fly out anytime, my cabinets mostly empty for carrying things too."

Lillian

Summer-sky to Green
  • Queen
  • Played By: dergon

District Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    33 Posts    216 marks
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 06:30:45 AM »

”Ilithian doesn’t lie.” Lillian defended staunchly. Which meant she saw danger somewhere. Drawing a few strands of hair over her shoulder, Lillian twisted them down her front, bending the rope she made them in half so she could inspect the ends. They needed trimming. Was he softened, Lillian wondered, peeking at him. She didn’t look hard as he’d suggested, just the side of his face as she thought.

”Yes, well. Askavi could use it.” Lillian said around a smile. So many dour personalities! Or people passionate about bloodshed and robbery, like Peitar. Or the souls that had just plain given up. Putting her hair back, Lillian narrowed her eyes. Did he like her? Peitar seemed full of praise for Ilithian. They fought in a way she’d seen some couples do. Maybe. And maybe she could use that to her advantage.

Plus, Ilithian needed a lover or two, Lillian thought. She certainly had the energy for it.

”You could have asked.” She scolded. He felt strange, shifting along psyche, but not intrusive. Practice, probably, on his part. From her own probe, Lillian didn’t learn terribly much. But she neither pried nor pressed. So long as she had fair warning he was going to leap up and try and murder her, or flee, she was content. In fact she nearly forgot about him while petting his dog, who was much more friendly than Peitar himself.

”I’ve enough.” She promised, but did not allowed him to glimpse just how much. How many lovers and how often she’d had them since her virgin night was none of his business. Her webs intact from anything but a blatant attack on them. ”Don’t you worry, Prince Peitar.” She wasn’t a shining ball of passion, but Lillian had her own way with people. They would settle.

”She is.” Lillian laughed, hands tickled and cleaned by a happy tongue. She liked the soft sounds the dog made. As naturally happy and exuberant as the tail that beat the air near Peitar’s legs. ”Maybe she is.” And maybe you deserve it, the tone implied as Lillian fondled an ear and scratched the fur on Dog’s neck. ”How... inventive.” Her eyes rolled. ”Don’t worry,” she whispered into a furry ear, ”we’ll come up with something better.”

”Welcome back. Don’t worry, I didn’t believed him for an instant.” Lillian made room for the other queen, and let go over her own craft as Ilithian’s overwhelmed it. Shifting, her skirts spilled over the toe of Peitar’s boots before her fingers tucked them under her leg and elbowed her wing back as well, when it drooped. ”That’s fine. Its all water, but I’m bathing with you. I can manage on my own.” Maybe she’d let the dog come with her, but not the warlord prince. Lillian didn’t care if she couldn’t see. She could.

”Oh.” Lillian’s hands dropped along with her stomach. Then they worked their way up to tuck her hair behind her ears. She looked at Ilithian. She wasn’t ready. Not to go and not to admit to this man that she couldn’t fly a mile to save her own life. ”I didn’t bring my things.” She bounced on her heels and then rose to pace. ”I did bring my cousin. We can follow behind. Is there a landing web there?” If she could convince her cousin to take her the opposite direction of home. Or what used to be home.

Maybe she could borrow some horses, and take a minute to find a couple changes of clothes somewhere. She wasn’t ready! ”Anyway,” Lillian added as if she had some say in the matter, ”I don’t fly.”

Peitar

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

The Blind Prince
    Askavi Terreille
    54 Posts    58 marks
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 05:18:01 PM »

As far as Peitar was concerned he had never done anything unjustifiable. It made him open, nearly shameless. Unflinching at Lillian’s retaliatory probe. What could she want to know that wasn’t already evident? Whatever she hoped to find he made it easy. Smiling at her fussing without any answer. He didn’t have or need one. She was right, there was no reason he couldn’t have asked.

But there hadn’t been any reason for him to either. If she had swatted him away again he would have waited, then tried again sharper, harder to notice probes. A century of refining the skill made him rather good at it. He needed to be able to read the space around him, and the people, after all.

”If you say so.” Lillian’s mental mood shifted. Growing an edge more protective. As if she worried he would challenge her claim. There wasn’t a need. If she thought trousers to shape her ass and sleeping with fabric walls would make her seem less a proper lady to his men- or that those unfooled would ‘adjust’... that was all the evidence of naivety Peitar needed. She was going to give him hell. Intentionally or not. ”Well one of us should have the sense to be worried. Guess it’ll be me since you’re already too busy telling me what to do.” He told her with a single raised eyebrow and pointed smirk. Adding softly to himself, ”Not bossy, she claims.”

Having recently been made conscious of his tendency to think aloud Peitar had been trying to do it less. So far he had only managed to notice how often he did it unintentionally. No one else said anything about it, at least.

Peitar hunched up with his elbows on his knees again. Palms boxing in around Dog’s batting tail. Not stopping the wag, but catching each strike against his spread hands. ”Maybe so. Mute to my blind. Wouldn’t that be hilarious.” It wasn’t a question. His teeth flashed brightly at the thought. If there was more sentience in Dog than she let on, she wasn’t going to show it to Lillian either. All her focus on tasting the salt between the queen’s fingers. When she shifted to getting scratched instead Peitar could tell. Tail quickening and posture changing. Fingernails stirring up the subtle scent of pine needles and grass.

Though Ilithian’s return quickly stifled such things with her dominant aura. And flowery shampoo. ”Didn’t believe what?!” Peitar held his hands up innocently. He hadn’t said a single falsehood! The women seemed more amused by his declaration than swayed, however. Something skirted over Peitar’s boot and he tucked it in close to his chair. Hands and probes sweeping the air to make sure he wasn’t knocking into any dancing queens or tripping Dog up.

”That’s a heavy assumption!” Peitar grinned in Lillian’s direction. Brows reaching for his hairline, ”I said in the same river, not at the same time.” With a mind like that maybe she would fit right in with the rogues and rascals.

Ilithian

Blood Opal to Sapphire
  • Queen

Territory Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    75 Posts    217 marks
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »

Laughing at their bath talk Ilithian crossed her ankles.”I can send you a tub for the cottage they’ll build you. And I’ll send Peitar a big bucket to fill it with.” There were open baths and a fair bit of communal usage of them here in the eyrie too. Not always on purpose. A bit of scent cleansing and basic illusion spells were good for tricking people in together. Ilithian knew it was rude, and a bit silly. Especially since she’d be crippled with embarrassment if anyone walked in on her. But! It was fun. And funny.

She wondered if being blind made Peitar particularly easy to walk in on. Lips puckering at one corner of her mouth she stared at him while wondering. It was fine, since he couldn’t tell.

Shoulder leaning in against her friend she watched the warlord prince listening to Lillian’s excuses. Head turning towards her instead of his face. He didn’t look very convinced. None of that mattered anyway. ”She isn’t leaving today! Or tomorrow, either. She only just arrived and we haven’t seen one another since Winsol.” He wasn’t going to leave either. New friendships needed… cultivating. 

”So have your things sent. There’s not a landing web but I know a couple of Black Widows. They make those, right?” His shoulders rose and fell, Ilithian mimicked him before remembering he couldn’t see. ”No idea. You’ll both stay a few days. Get to know one another. Then you’ll be a nice, united front when you get there. It’ll give Lillian and I time to catch up and arrange for any necessities she’ll need.”

Furniture and a wardrobe suitable for a cooler climate. Sturdy boots. That sort of thing. Peitar didn’t seem happy about waiting. He groaned but didn’t voice any complaints. Only perking up to ask, ”Don’t fly or can’t fly?”

”What sort of question is that? Can you not see, or do you not see?” Rude! She beat him with a few probes that only served to make him laugh at her. ”You can go off and play with your friends now. It’s lady gossiping time.” Peitar didn’t move though. Only sat there smirking.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SPRING - AW103

The seasons will change on 12/19.

Recent Topics

Afternoon Snack by Aramis Dupuis
[Yesterday at 11:19:09 PM]

Testing boundaries [cw] by Danger
[October 13, 2019, 12:14:02 PM]

Not a Spider or a Fly by Jin-ae So
[October 07, 2019, 11:42:47 PM]

Mountain Shadows by Valeska Spearfang
[October 07, 2019, 10:59:10 PM]

crossing boundaries by Finnian Tavish
[October 05, 2019, 09:27:42 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner