Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • witch
  • Played By: Jones

acrobat
    Traveling Terreille
    20 Posts    153 marks
One More Shot
« on: September 16, 2018, 11:36:36 AM »

Daddy had decided to go big for the last show of the season. Everyone wore glitter and paints that glowed of their own volition when the lights were dim. The patterns traced on Maeve’s skin matched her Jewels in color. Geometric designs that seemed to distract everyone she spoke to when the show was over.

Which was everyone at the inn, really. So many goodbyes to say! Tents were coming down as she kissed cheeks and laughed at drunkards jokes. The paint on her body slightly smudged by over-familiar hands as she worked her way to the bar. Her very favorite friend would get his own goodbye later. Tomorrow everyone would be busy packing up their wagons. Maeve had not spread out much, she never did, so there were only her Peeper’s toys to find and a few odd pieces of costume to track down.

A small knot of apprehension twisted her stomach as she spoke with Talimar of just that. His only suggestion was to try the washroom. Or his sister. But Maeve had done both before and the end result had been… less than pleasant. Poor Rian. If the guilt didn’t eat her alive the heat that traced her thighs when she saw the eyrien woman would.

She had to have them, though. So she found Rian and gave her a grin that might have been shy if Maeve knew how to be. One manicured nail tracing her lower lip she tucked into the doorway of an empty room, ”Rian, dear, I hate to bother you. It’s just that, we’re moving on in the next day or two. And I never did find my green leotard. Now I’ve a pink skirt missing too. Sorry.”

Her voice held all the apology she could muster. Teeth flashing lightly. ”I’ll keep my hands to myself, I promise.” She held them up, palms flat, as if that would somehow strengthen the claim.

Of course Maeve would behave. For as long as Rian wanted her to. But she knew, too, that there was a pent up need in them both. Leftover from their last encounter. Now the shock had worn off, and she couldn’t help wondering if Rian was curious to try again. She certainly wouldn’t be afraid to encourage more kissing before time ran out. It might be seasons, or even years, before they came back! ”Tali said they might be in the wash house, but… you’re old laundry lady always gives me the stink eye. I don’t want to go alone if she’s in there.”
@dergon

Rian

Rose to Opal
  • Black Widow
  • Played By: dergon

Askavi Terreille
    51 Posts    85 marks
Re: One More Shot
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »

Their housekeeper had quit. Gone off to marry some farmer in the next province. Rian hadn’t realized there had been any sort of courtship happening. Which had made Tali laugh and pull her braid like they were kids again. It also left Rian with the bulk of the house work. She didn’t like making up rooms after the guests had left, but they hadn’t found a replacement yet, so she dealt with all the sticky psychic and not psychic left overs as best she could.

It was a lot easier when you had sudden guests to interrupt the tedium.

”Hi, Maeve.” Rian greeted over the pillow she was stuffing back into its now clean case. They had been almost avoiding each other since Rian had run away. A few half started and mostly stuttered apologies on Rian’s behalf before she had to dash off to another task. Or away from her brother who had been twice as annoying since his visit to the Eyrie.

”A skirt now?” Shaking her head, Rian dropped the pillow back on the bed and dusted her hands off. ”Don’t worry about your hands.” A smile tucked beneath her teeth as she bit her bottom lip. Rian really didn’t want her to keep her hands to herself at all. But she did wonder how Maeve managed to lose so much clothing. ”You should start vanishing these things when you take them off,” she teased.

She shook the blankets out over the bed and gave the room a looking over. It wasn’t tidy, but it was clean. Clean enough for Rian anyway. Smiling, she waved Maeve out of the doorway, snorting at her words.

”Okay, come on. We’ll go look in the wash house, and I’ll protect you from the crone.” She probably did give Maeve the stink eye. She gave everyone the stink eye. Fingers fidgeting with each other, Rian lead Maeve back down through the inn and out to the wash house. The old woman wasn’t at her post when they went in, her stool eerily empty in the middle of the room. The vats were all still bubbling though, and there was a fresh batch of clean laundry heaped on a table.

”We start here before poking through all the wet stuff.” Rian sorted it as she went, dropping items into baskets under the table. Linens, bedding, towels. Another basket for her and Talimar’s clothing and another for guests. And Maeve very warm beside her in the already damp air. Rian peeked, sweat collecting at the nape of her neck and above her lip. Eyes tracing the way the air made Maeve’s clothes sticky.

”I am sorry, about last time.” Last time. Not this time. Maybe this time. ”I think I found your skirt,” she whispered, turning toward Maeve with a nervous flutter, pink fabric hanging from her offered fingers. ”Its hot in here. Hopefully nothing shrunk, if its delicate.” Rian licked the sweat from her lip and shrugged it from between her shoulders where it tickled.

Maeve Legarde

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • witch

acrobat
    Traveling Terreille
    20 Posts    153 marks
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:23:34 AM »

”I’ll remember that,” Maeve started, tone suggesting it was nearly a promise. Then one corner of her mouth quirked up into a grin. ”the next time I’m the one taking them off.” Most of the time she had help. And who was she to interrupt passion with complaints about laundry tossed aside?

Then it inevitably wound up left behind. Not that it had caused her any trouble, or given her a single reason to complain so far. Only good things had followed the trail of her missing wardrobe. Like frisky kissing with pretty girls, acquiring a very soft button down that still smelled like Talimar, and now another chance to make nice with Rian.

She didn’t care if all her clothes disappeared.

”My hero.” She giggled. Making room for the other witch she turned on her heel and leaned against the hallway wall instead. Hands caught in a twist of fingers behind her back. Head tilted and eyes wandering while she waited. Falling in step behind her friend. Just far enough behind to get a decent view down the staircase. Which did wonders for Rian’s already wonderful backside.

Out of doors she hummed in amusement at the absent way Rian’s wings shifted towards the sun. Sometimes she wondered what amalgamation of races went into her making. When the wind danced over her shoulder blades she could almost imagine what flight felt like. And she didn’t think her family looked particularly Hayllian or Dhemlanese. Perhaps they’d stemmed from unfortunate Eyeriens with no wings. Or just rolled into existence with their line of wagons already in tow.

They exchanged the sweet rural air for the dense humidity of the laundry vats, turning Maeve from her daydreams. At least for a minute. ”do you think she fell in one?” The witch whispered with a giggle as they both stared at the baren stool in the room’s center. ”Maybe she knew you were coming to guard me and fled for the hills.” She added with a wink. Still bouncing along like an excited puppy, two steps behind. Together they settled around the table of mostly dry things. They might have been fully dry. Maeve’s palms were too damp to tell. Working alongside Rian she tossed towels with towels and sheets with sheets. All her weight resting on the leg closest to Rian. Subtling leaning in.

”Woo, no wonder she’s so wrinkled!” Maeve laughed, passing her hand across her brow. It was very warm. A clinging sort of warm that made the oversized shirt she wore almost sheer. Instead of looking down at the clothes her hands sorted she looked at Rian. Feminine without being girlish the way Maeve was. It wasn’t fair she had such small breasts! She’d nursed Peeper for what felt like a lifetime. But any growing they’d done had left her with the milk after he weaned off to better eating.

Distracted by Rian’s voice she looked up with a curved eyebrow and smile. Shoulder bumping into the other woman purposefully. ”Stop that. There’s nothing to be sorry for.” It had just been a little experimenting. If anyone should have been sorry it was Maeve, running the poor woman out of her own inn!

The kissing had been grand, though, so feeling apologetic was hard. ”Oh, so you have.” Maeve confirmed, eyes drifting down to the slip of pink chiffon. Another wicked smile consuming her face at the softly spoken words. She didn’t have to ask why Rian whispered. It just felt like the thing to do. A bubble of nervous energy enveloped them, separating their space from the larger room. Neither wanted to pop it. ”Do you think it might have?”

It had not. Even Maeve knew enough about laundry to know that. Surely Rian did as well. So Maeve obliged them both and played along. ”I’ll just try it on to be sure.” Without her shorts to hold the folds up her shirt fell to her upper thighs. Hiding all the underthings she wasn’t actually wearing from sight. She worked her bare feet out of one bottom and into the next. Sliding the skirt up around her hips. It was made to go over her show costumes. Flimsy and barley thigh length. A few layers keeping it from being completely transparent. ”Feels okay.” She said, turning slightly to get a look at as much of the back as she could, ”How’s it look? Shrunken?”

Rian

Rose to Opal
  • Black Widow
  • Played By: dergon

Askavi Terreille
    51 Posts    85 marks
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:33:11 PM »

”Oh.” Blushing Rian looked away. Face ducking behind her hair as she laughed nervously. No. It probably wasn’t Maeve losing all her clothes. ”Right.” Shrugging her stupidity away, Rian got them moving. Or at least herself. Maeve lingered, stretched along the hallway wall. Rian glanced at her as she passed, eyes lingering too, even as her body kept moving forward.

”Hardly that.” She chuckled. Rian had never been a hero in all her life. But if Maeve wanted to pretend as much, well... yes, that was fine. She smiled as she looked behind her. Maeve humming to the sunlight as they tramped down the short path between the inn and the wash house. Warm, humid air welcoming them in. Not half as pleasant as the crisp air outside.

”No.” Rian snorted. ”She eats and sleeps too. Sometimes.” Rian wasn’t really sure when, though. And her eyes glanced at the big wooden tubs in suspicion until Maeve made her laugh. ”Please! I don’t think she’s afraid of anything, least of all me.” The witch had seen things, Rian was sure. They shared looks sometimes that said more than words could. Exchanges made in silence.

Silence was nice sometimes. Like now, as she and Maeve worked in tandem. Sorting through laundry in hopes of finding the lost clothing. Rian half hoped they would never turn up so she would stay. But that wasn’t how circus’ worked, she knew. And she didn’t think that was how Maeve worked either.

”Yes. I keep suggesting more ventilation but she always grunts at me when I do.” A woman of few words. She mostly made herself understood with scowls and clucking. Rian swept her hair away from her neck and shook another towel into the basket. Eyes sliding toward Maeve. Maybe there was a reason the crone liked the damp. Rian was surely discovering one.

”That’s one then.” Fabric soft and strangely porous as it slipped from her fingers to Maeve’s with a shiver. ”Maybe.” Maybe it had shrunk, would be too short to take with her. Too short to... well. They would find out. Heart caught between running away and being still. Or were those her lungs frozen? Cheeks warm and lips licked to clear them of sweat. ”Alright.” Rian whispered as Maeve’s shorts slipped down her legs.

Stomach fluttering at the way she moved from shorts to skirt with such ease. Graceful in an effortless way, even when she wasn’t performing. ”Looks okay too.” Rian managed to get out as Maeve turned, skirt higher in the back as it flit along her thighs. Lifted by the slope of her... ”I got nervous. But I shouldn’t have run away.” What would have happened if she’d stayed?

What would happen now, if she touched the edge of Maeve’s skirt, there at the back of her thigh. Or measured the length of her nipples beneath her clinging shirt. She looked good in that shirt. Rian bet she looked better out of it, wings rustling as she leaned. Remembering the way Maeve’s hand had felt slinking up her stomach to cup Rian’s breast.

She wanted to try this time. Lips less hesitant this time. Hand sweeping up, lifting the skirt up over Maeve’s hip before it fell away, too short to stay with her hand as it ran up Maeve’s side and over her shoulder.

Maeve Legarde

Tiger Eye to Summer-sky
  • witch

acrobat
    Traveling Terreille
    20 Posts    153 marks
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:21:44 PM »

Maeve’s laughter was softened by the weight of the air. Hair sticking to her cheeks and chin, too short to cling to anything else. ”Probably afraid of what will happen should she dry out.” It was probably unkind to say such things. Askavi had been a very unkind place before and during the war. She had often heard her father speak of the atrocities the circus had encountered along the borders. Someone that old must have experienced unspeakable things.

The thought made her bashful. Reminding the witch that Talimar and Rian were centuries old, too, and had likely experienced the same. Among the short lived her own 90 years seemed extraordinary. She forgot that she could look and feel the same age as an Eyrien who had lived three times her years.

Maybe that was why Rian had run away before. A strange imbalance of experience. Tipped in which direction she wasn’t sure. Luckily she didn’t have to dwell on any of that.

This time things were different. An almost tangible change. This time they were equal in wanting. And ready for the experimenting. ”I shouldn’t have pressed you before you were ready.” Maeve admitted. Fingers fidgeting along the hem of her skirt. She liked the texture of fabric. Soft, silky, but a near enough to mesh for the stitches to be felt.

”Thanks. For helping me find my skirt. I suppose its been so long for the leotard I’ll just have to make another.” Her voice lowered until the end of her sentences could barely pierce the air. Furtive temptation melting seamlessly into gentle caress. Gravity pulling the women towards one another. She tugged at Rian’s hips to bring her closer. Spine bowing along Rian’s touch until they were near flush. Lips calm as they met and parted over one another. Maeve shivered in eagerness but only kneaded her fingers busily against the firm mounds of hip bone.

She wouldn’t be overzealous this time. Even if Rian stroked goosebumps across her skin with every little touch. If feigned gentle caution then perhaps Rian would take the lead. Then things might have a better ending. Mother Night did Maeve hope so. Thighs slick now that her shorts were absent from between them- mostly with the humidity of the room. And Rian had a special sort of flavor. Vaguely sweet and a lot salty. It made the room spin in heady delight. She wished for a chair so she could put the other woman in her lap and had called the old stool over before remembering this was Rian’s turn.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is taking the world that we all know and expanding it by combining the old lore with new lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

We have officially been open for one year! We are looking forward to the wonderful stories our members continue to create and welcoming any newcomers to the site.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Summer - AW102

Please keep the season in mind while posting. The seasons will change on 01/19.

Recent Topics

One More Shot by Maeve Legarde
[Today at 05:21:44 PM]

The Home Game by Solveig Ironeyes
[Today at 04:43:19 PM]

ding dong, the witch ain’t dead by Ebenar
[Today at 06:36:15 AM]

Aberdeen by The Darkness
[Yesterday at 09:23:27 PM]

window shopping by Arkyn Wildling
[September 16, 2018, 08:59:40 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner
May 2018 Featured RPG