Description:

Charis

Summer-sky to Opal
  • Healer
  • Played By: dergon

3 Posts    193 marks
Fancy that
« on: October 21, 2018, 02:44:12 PM »

Charis bounced on Isidore’s knee. Knife and fork skittering across the plate as she tried to cut her food through the jostling. It didn’t work, metal screeching across porcelain at a pitch that made her ears ache. Laughing, she gave up, utensils clattering as she dropped them to cling to him. The shallow rise of her nose brushing his cheek, antler scrapping the back of his chair. She wore flowers and chains woven through them.

”I’ll be hungry forever if you keep that up.” At least her stomach would be. Charis doubted Isidore would keep much of anything else wanting. He was insatiable. In the short time Charis had come to know him, Isidore had broken her bed, her table, and a sitting chair, though the last had been an accident. And replaced all of them with furniture twice as nice. Hands behind his knees, Charis rode out the bouncing. It really wasn’t unpleasant.

Leaning back, Charis tried to decide just how hungry she was - and how long she could go without food before becoming weak - when someone knocked on the door. The candles on the table flickered, and Charis’ hands tightened on Isidore’s thigh where they had worked their way upward, nearly tucked under her own where they straddled him.

”Who is that?” She asked, as if he would know, wide eyes turned toward him in surprise. Isidore looked no more knowledgable than Charis herself, but twice as dangerous. He was so very big. And very scary. But he was handsome, rich, and very good in bed. Rocking on him, Charis patted his knee. ”I’ll go see! You pour more wine.” Her hair rose, winding through her antlers so that they were hidden.

”Oh!” Door opened, she grinned, head tipped back so she could look up at Peregrine. Two big men for dinner tonight it seemed. ”Hello Runner. You can come in, but you must behave, hmm? And have some wine.” Twirling, Charis lead the way back to the table. Empty bottles and food spread across the once crisp white table cloth. She kicked her seat out for Peregrine and settled back in Isidore’s lap, arm looping around the back of his neck.

”Runner, Isi.” She waved the space between them and giggled. ”Aren’t I lucky. Have a drink Runner, there’s food still too if you’re hungry.” She leaned into Isi and whispered in his ear, lips pressed against its curves and voice low so Peregrine couldn’t eavesdrop like the wicked thing he was. ”Runner brings me opium.” She explained, hand stroking the hard muscles of his chest. She didn’t know what sort of jealousy Isidore possessed, and did not want to find out.

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    93 Posts    307 marks
Re: Fancy that
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:59:42 PM »

Cute! She was so fucking cute Isidore just wanted to tuck her into his pocket for keepsies. The little minx. Or doe. Whatever. Cute girl. So light she bobbed on the end of his leg like a cork in dark seas. Silverware squealing across her plate she tried to eat while he fidgeted rhythmically in place. Legs both bouncing and fingers kneading her hips.

”Can’t help it.” He chuffed with a grin. Sniffing her eyelashes and breathing in her exhales as she nuzzled his face. It made his palms itch. Flattening to smooth down her thighs and drag up across her backside.

She didn’t have a tail. It had been quite a disappointing discovery. But Charis made up for it. Mostly being being fucking cute. And fucking him very cutely. Then she gave him brews that went down easy. Good brews. The sort that made his skin tingle and his knees bounce for a few hours.

Isidore loved the sensation. All his troubles dropping into distance boxes to worry about later. Just the pleasant buzz of relief rolling over his body in the meantime. They didn’t even make him feel as if he had fallen off the Wind into a pit of rocks the next morning. It was great. He was glad he had found Charis.

Someone dropped from the Winds then as if Isi’s thinking about it had imagined them into reality. His head turned but his knees didn’t stop. They wore dark jewels. Very dark. He knew it because he couldn’t hear them thinking. When they reached the door he tensed, leaning forward to circle his arms around Charis’ waist. Did she have a man? She was so fucking cute she probably had a dozen.

Too bad for them he wasn’t in a sharing mood tonight. Arms tightening he looked at her from the corner of his eyes. Brow high as he shrugged, ”Who is that? A Mr. Charis maybe?” She didn’t seem to recognize the dark scent hovering by the door. Perhaps it was trouble. Shoulders rising like hackles he squeezed her tight and groaned as she rocked against him. Clever chit. Distracting his hands to a looser, friendly grip around her hips. She slipped away and all he could find the awareness to do was laugh. ”Careful.”

He would be very, very angry if his brand new lady ended up broken.

Peregrine Runner

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord

Traveling Kaeleer
    87 Posts    853 marks
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:00:03 PM »

Straightening his jacket Peregrine turned towards Charis’ front door. Pleasantly surprised by how well his aim had been without a landing web he whistled while he walked. Knocking jauntily on the door he waited for the cheery little healer to open up.

It took a minute. Peregrine scoped out he space beneath the door. Did she have company? He hoped not. That would make their business less inconspicuous. Now was not the time for Peregrine to get caught dealing in Little Terreille. Not when things were getting so close to perfect for bringing Rias home. All that was left, really, was finding his blessed little heart.

”Charis.” He greeted when the door finally swung inward to reveal the lean young woman. Her hair was in the same crown of braids she always wore (or might as well have been for how similar it seemed to him). Chin up to look at him despite her own height Peregrine wiggled his eyebrows down at her. ”When have I ever given you any trouble?”

He’d never broken anything or made the neighbors call the guard anyway. Being covert was part of being a runner. Friendly clients sure made things more enjoyable. There was a potent zing of warlord prince on Charis tonight that promised there wouldn’t be quite as much fun as usual for Peregrine.

That was alright he was there for business. Pleasure was easily found elsewhere. He could pay for anything, literally anything, he was in the mood to get. And probably earn himself a nice discount.

At the dining table he folded down lightly in the chair that was unceremoniously offered. Fingers splaying in a silent greeting at the other male. Pupils wide Isi the warlord prince looked back at him with a strange grin. Peregrine had spent plenty of time in opium dens. He recognized the look. That made it no less surprising to see on a man with a gleaming Ebon-gray sitting at the center of his chest. Hand dropping to his own they smirked at one another.

How fucking curious.

”I’m alright Charis. Thanks.” She was draped along the other man. Hands mightily familiar. Since Isi didn’t seem jealous Peregrine relaxed in the chair. Warlord princes didn’t worry him quite as much as they did other people. Helping himself to a glass of wine he pretended not to notice as she leaned in to whisper in Isi’s ear. Whatever she said made the man smile. Trim eyebrows bobbing excitedly. He turned to Peregrine, cupping Charis so she didn’t fall off as he leaned forward. ”Sounds like we’ll be quick friends.”

”Man can’t have enough of those, can he?” Peregrine flashed a smile. Something in his stomach slithered uneasily but he thought it was just the strangeness of being around a jewel as dark as his own. Eyes slipping to the ring on the other man’s hand Peregrine hummed to himself. He had seen that Sapphire before. At the Dark Gate. Kirsi had woven a web about it.

Charis

Summer-sky to Opal
  • Healer

3 Posts    193 marks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »

”What would I do with one of those?” Charis laughed. A Mister Charis, the idea was absurd. She would have to give up so much freedom and fun if there was a husband. Though she was unlikely to be lonely if she had one. But she wasn’t lonely now, either. Isidore holding her tight. Almost too tight. ”Probably a neighbor.” Maybe they were being too noisy. Charis had had a bottle of wine to herself, and a tiny taste of Isi’s brew, tongue sweeping a bead of it from his lip.

”It’ll be fine, Isi baby, don’t worry.” A flippant promise. Trouble rarely darkened her doorway, the worst of it being someone in need of healing. Or sobering. She kept her shop neat and her business tidy so the guard never suspected. Even now, with Peregrine on her doorstep, no one looked their way. Maybe it was avoidance. There were two in attendance now, the weight of their combined Jewels pressing some of the wine from her blood.

”You’re right, you never do.” Just as neat and careful as Charis herself. She could count on Peregrine to avoid trouble rather than make it. She still worried just a little, having them in the same room at the same time, but Isi was in a good mood and Peregrine was smart. If Charis was smart too it would probably play out fine. That or she would be the first to die and so the one to suffer least.

At the table they all settled and made acquaintance. Isi seemed friendly enough, which allowed Charis to relax some of her worries. Laughing as he kept her from falling from his lap as he moved. Eyes rolling she picked at her plate, able to eat now that he wasn’t bouncing her toward arousal. ”Now, now. No business behind my back.” She scolded, making sure everyone’s glasses were nice and full while she chewed.

Charis wasn’t really worried. Peregrine couldn’t make a brew like she could, and she’d seen Isidore on plain opium. Her business was secured for the foreseeable future. Until either the opium of Isidore’s taste for it ran out. Eyes drifting between the two men, Charis tried and failed to suppress a shiver, fingers gripping Isi’s shoulder tight. Licking her lips, she tried to come up with something to talk about. To keep the atmosphere friendly.

”I’ve something that’ll take the wine to your head, if you’d like, Runner.” The curse of dark Jewels. Charis herself couldn’t get drunk without also getting sick, and she liked the fuzzy, joyful feeling alcohol gave her. So she’d worked something up, similar principles applied to the brew she’d given Isi, but much less potent, and not intoxicating in itself either. ”It just sort of eases the way.” She explained before sneaking in a few more bites.

”There’s always room for one more at a party, isn’t there?” And that’s what they’d been having. A little dinner party. With candles and wine and music. And an opium brew for Isi. Charis swept a quick probe over him, just to he sure he was suffering no adverse effects. It wasn’t perfect, especially since the recipe she’d was using wasn’t wholly her own.

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    93 Posts    307 marks
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »

”But your backside is such fun.” Isidore teased, all his skin tingling pleasantly. Goosebumps radiating from her warm breath on his ear and spiraling down to his toes. Laughter broken and oddly timed so that it sounded overdone. Like an exaggeration. ”Don’t worry, my deerest, I like having you as the middleman too much. Nice as Runner seems to be you’re more fun to look at.” He promised, snorts of laughter breaking up his sentences as he giggled at his own pun.

Following the path of Peregrine’s eyes he looked at his birthright ring. The Sapphire so dark in the center it could have been a pupil staring back up at him. ”Like it?” He asked. Isidore was good at reading other people’s jewels. His probes were skilled, but they were honed for battle. It wouldn’t do to interrupt Charis’ dinner with a fight started over curiosity.

In his lap the little woman trembled. Gripping his shoulder. He’d been too busy puzzling over the other man to catch her thoughts. Maybe she was frightened. He dropped his forehead to her cheek. Nuzzling his way to her throat, face rubbing all the sweet spots where her scent was headiest. Behind her hear, the crook of her neck. Lips brushing skin and fabric mindlessly. It felt so good to be with a woman who had manageable expectations. He knew exactly what Charis wanted. His money. She would take his attention and his dick to get it. And she gave him opium he didn’t have to stab into his arms of snort up his nose.

No mystery. No dancing around emotions or egos. She was just a good girl that didn’t care they were using one another. None of the challenge his wives presented, or his sweet shy kissing queen. All of the excitement, though.

”She has stronger things too, if you prefer.” Isidore added to her offer. Blinking slowly with the same small smirk on his lips. Fingers kneading at the bones in Charis’ hips. She was so fucking cute. This Runner had a sharp eye though. If he slipped up her skirts for a quickie it would definitely be noticed. His own hips rocked at the idea though. He didn’t mind an audience. He might not even mind sharing as long as he got to be on top.

Peregrine Runner

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord

Traveling Kaeleer
    87 Posts    853 marks
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »

Sipping at his wine Peregrine tried to watch without blatantly staring. ”Agreed.” He chuckled over Isidore’s rabid laughter. ”Transport is my thing. I run stuff from one place to another. I’ve never been interested in the distribution process.” Especially not when it came to drugs. There was too much risk. Too much mess. Gangs, territory politics, and a entirely too much accounting. And accountability.

Picking up and dropping off was easier to stomach. To justify. To hide under when organizations, legal or criminal, started to notice his involvement in the trade. It seemed everyone at the table found the suggestion little more than a tease. And from Charis’ pretty lips completely unoffensive.

Staring, though, might not have been so easily overlooked or forgiven. Clearing his throat Peregrine nodded towards the ring Isidore had caught him studying. ”I was trying to guess if the setting was silver or white gold.” He covered. Pulling out his own jewels might look like posturing. And he could smell the killer on Isidore.

The foreign man was younger. Body dense where Peregrine was more lean. He could tell, even with the warlord prince’s carriage made lax by opium, that Isidore was an experienced fighter. It wouldn’t be prudent to set him off. ”It’s platinum, actually. You deal in jewelry too?”

”Nah. I’m just a carpenter.” Peregrine was careful to keep his smile easy going. ”And nice enough to make a few… side deliveries since I happen to do a lot of traveling to drop off custom pieces.”

Glancing briefly at Charis because he worried that too much attention might seem like a challenge, Peregrine shrugged his shoulders. ”Alright. I’ll have one. Nothing to crazy though, Charis. I have to get back home tonight.” First he had to unload a case of opium vials. They needed the money. His house was almost finished, and he was pretty sure Winnie’s pregnancy was too.

Which reminded him that this man might be lead to his other baby. The one he’d only ever gotten to see through someone else’s memory. Fingering the necklace he sipped at his drink. Trying to sound casual. Making small talk about Glacia, which the fellow knew a surprising bit about. once they had gone through a few more rounds of wine Peregrine decided to risk a bit of prying. ”So how did you two meet? You’re not from Little Terreille, I can’t place your accent and I've been a lot of place.”

The question was met with a smirk and deceptively sleepy look. Peregrine recognized the droopy eyelids for what they were. Predatory warning. He had asked too much. "I'm from Glacia too. A Nukti native. Now I'm a mercenary."

Peregrine only new a little about the native of Glacia. There were dozens of tribes, possibly dozens of dialects. But something in his gut made him doubt the other man. What sort of mercenary wore platinum rings and spent his money on opium? That was dangerous business, you made a lot of enemies. Most of the soldiers for hire Peregrine knew were stricter than court guards and that was saying something in a military dependent territory like Glacia. It did open up the chance to ask a bit more though. "That's amazing. You must get to do a lot of traveling with a freelance profession like that. Iris give you any trouble at the Gate? I had to bend over and promise her my ball sack to get permission to go through."

Charis

Summer-sky to Opal
  • Healer

3 Posts    193 marks
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 06:25:52 AM »

Charis couldn’t keep up with the looks passed between the males. They were too subtle and too quick, the depth of their barriers hid as much from her as their furtive glances. They were being polite, and that was enough for Charis. No turmoil on the surface. Isi seemed to settle just fine into company. Laughing at his own jokes. Laughing at everything.

Deerest. Charis heard the difference even if Runner didn’t. She knew what Isi liked. The little things that made her different from other women. Face rubbing against her. She crooned and stroked his hair, eyes closing as she leaned into him. Her skin was too warm everywhere he touched. Cheeks pink because they had company, an audience. Runner sitting at the table with them while Charis gave in to every touch. She couldn’t do anything but give in.

”Nothing too wild, I promise.” Charis added it to his wine. Eating and dosing while the boys talked Jewels and metal. Measuring each other up in that way men had when they weren’t using violence. She watched Runner’s wine color deepen, the flavor would change just a little. Sharper. Isi was kneading her hip, thighs flexing under her. Charis licked sweet sauce from her lip and felt her stomach tighten as his hips rocked into her.

”Where’s Nukti?” She asked with a giggle. Hadn’t he just said he was from Glacia? Charis pet his thigh. Later, her fingers promised as they past close but not close enough. Knowing that if he wanted now she would give him now, it didn’t matter who was watching. Eyes catching Runner’s when he glanced at her, she smiled and drank more wine. It gave her courage. Let her giggle instead of tremble.

”What is she going to do with your balls I wonder? Keep her Jewels in them?” The queen a far away rumor to Charis. She could think of better uses for Runner’s balls. He was handsome too. But it was safer not to think about such things with Isi in town, much less right under her ass, nestled into her. If he didn’t get too distracted by things she couldn’t see, Charis knew he would take very good care of her later. And buy her something nice after too. She didn’t even mind if he pulled her antlers. He always made up for it.

Charis refilled all the glances and snuck another bite in.

”Bottoms up, boys.” Smiling at the table, leaning forward into it, cheek pressed into her hand as they chatted. ”I heard there was a big rumble in Glacia recently. Did an iceberg melt?”

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Summer - AW102

The seasons will change on 01/19.

Recent Topics

Riptides by Orilaca
[Yesterday at 06:24:34 AM]

Walking shadows by Vigot Thidrandisson
[Yesterday at 12:12:11 AM]

the missing strand by Ilithian
[November 12, 2018, 10:30:19 PM]

Family Favors by Eulalie Reneux
[November 12, 2018, 06:10:19 AM]

Reunion by Io Potamoi
[November 11, 2018, 11:15:30 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Betrayer
Priestess/Other | Open Jewels | Hayll
companion of Neha Rajani

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner
May 2018 Featured RPG