Summer-sky to Green
  • Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Shield & Whip Of Mother Priestess
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    78 Posts    956 marks
Eulie's Boys
« on: December 14, 2018, 06:16:59 PM »

Why were they taking turns on watch if Isidore was going to stay up anyway? Vrai couldn’t help a slither of resentment as he put down his book to focus on his six hours of monitoring the carefully laid threads that laced the residential floor. He still lay on his half of the shared bed. One arm tucked between his pillow and his head. A knee bent up as if he would rise from the mattress any moment. But he was still and silent. A hand resting over the cover of the book he had been reading before the other man stepped in.

It pleased him to watch Isidore pour into the sofa Eulalie had not wanted Vrai to sleep on. For a few minutes they only stared at one another. One is stoic indifference and the other with his typical smirk. He always looked at Vrai as if he were sitting on some fat secret. Annoying and immature. Though Vrai supposed at twenty one any warlord prince should be suspected of such things.

”Have you ever shared a bed with a woman?” Isidore’s whisper cut through the absolute silence of The Keep. Not an uncomfortable one, just heavy with the timelessness of the place. Like a blanket on the soul. That the damned raider had the nerve to stand up and piss all over. ”Are you asking about sleep or sex?”

More mark of boyhood, Vrai thought, that Isidore had to use innuendo rather than say what he wanted to say. Or was it because Vrai was Vrai? Eunuch and Hand to Mother Priestess. Above such things, in his Lady’s opinion. ”Since you put it so bluntly, either.”

With a sigh Vrai did his best not to shift the bed while Eulie was sleeping. ”You were just accusing me of impregnating that poor girl a few hours ago. Why are you so fascinated with my spear, Isidore?” He thought to insult him, or at least leave him taken aback. The smile that flashed his direction was not unsettled, though. Just unsettling. ”The same reason you like these dusty old tombs so much, Vrai. Knowledge is power. And in my case, it’s how I stay alive.”

”How very fortunate for us all.” Vrai whispered back sarcastically. Silence fell between them again. But he could feel Isidore staring, the tension of another question pulling tight between them. Eyes studying the ornate bed frame he refused to be goaded into looking. Isidore was up to no good and begging for his attention. Pulling something from his cabinet with a unnecessary pop of air, handling the cap on the glass vial loudly. From across the room Vrai could smell the sweetness like sugar and heard the wet sounds of Isidore’s mouth. He was glad he hadn’t looked to see. Now he could feign ignorance if things went badly. ”Do you want a try?”

Refusing the bait Vrai shifted his gaze from the bed to the wardrobe, which was carved in the same style. ”It isn’t the same thing, as last time. That was a… misjudgment-”

”Not interested. And you shouldn’t be either! What if something happens and you’ve only got half your wits? Is that how you serve Mother Priestess?” Hissing Vrai ended with a sharp snap of his jaw. Trying to drag his voice back to lowness so that they didn’t wake her. From his spot on the couch Isidore rolled his eye violently. ”I only need half my wits to get Eulie home safe. It’ll be fine.”

He didn’t offer again, but he did set the gleaming vial down on the small table beside his seat. ”You’re supposed to be sleeping so you can take the next watch.” Vrai accused, hoping to win some peace with logic. This time, he reminded himself, he would not let his ego overtake his sense. At least this time they were far from anyone he was capable of hurting.

”I go days without on raids. Sleep is dangerous. I’m used to it, I’ll catch up when we get home..” Isidore admitted. The unexpected sincerity in his voice made Vrai’s eyebrows rise. It didn’t often cross his mind, what dangers the raiders faced while abroad. They were gone on raids often, too. Had Etoile suffered such sleep-deprivation? Had he died tired and wishing he were home? ”If you say so. It’s my turn on watch, though, and nothing is going to happen if you do shut up and sleep a while.”

Isidore chuckled. And maybe he did drift off a while. It was a long time before he spoke again. ”I wasn’t lying, about the girl being pregnant. I told Eulalie the healer suspected it last week, and I’ve confirmed myself since then.” A heavy pit opened up in Vrai’s stomach. ”How awful for her. That poor girl didn’t deserve it once, let alone twice.”

”So you’re sticking with that story? No way it could be your child?”

Craning his head to see over his leg he shook his head at Isidore. ”How? It’s impossible. Such things were cut from my life.” And his body. Isidore only gave that infuriating smirk. ”Don’t look at me like that. Check the records. I was cut. In fact, I gave more to be a eunuch than most.” That piqued the others interest. He left the sofa to sit on the floor beside the bed. Studying Vrai as if he could learn the truth by peering through his barriers. When he gave up trying the rude way he asked. ”Why did they kill the healer?”

There was nothing to prove but Vrai still felt inclined. If Isidore doubted, then who else would? ”Because she nearly killed me. The cut was wrong. I bled until I fainted. When I woke up they told me it was done, I even lost a ball. So eunuch or not the child couldn’t be mine.” As a man he would have had only half the chance. And making children was difficult business. He had sat beside Eulie while she blessed hundreds of couples struggling for a single infant. ”You get too invested in things that don’t concern you.”

”Everything that involved Eulalie concerns me. I was raised to serve her the same way you were.” Isidore tried to argue. Their voices low hisses but their energy calm. ”No.” That was going too far for Vrai. ”Not the same.” He had learned more than fighting and murder and stealing. ”You are the spear, I am the Hand and Shield.”

Another exaggerated rolling of eyes followed Isidore’s sighing. ”No, the real difference is I am the balance and you are the yes man. I keep her grounded and human while you try to turn her into Mother Night herself.” Vrai turned to his side with a half swallowed snarl. It felt unnatural in his throat but necessary. ”Don’t blasphemy about my Lady, Prince Nazaire.”

”It isn’t blasphemy. She does lie!” Isidore challenged, his eyes starting to twinkle with mischief. He knew he was upsetting Vrai and enjoyed the game. ”Of course she lies! She has a world of responsibility on her head. I meant not to call her Mother Night.” Their hissing match ended. Both glaring hard at one another. So close that Vrai worried Isidore would twitch and try to kiss him, the weird little prick.

He did lean in closer. Resting his folded arms on the bed and his chin on top. But he gave Vrai plenty of time to scoot away. ”It doesn’t bother you, then? Being lied to when you care about her so much.” There was a familiar thread of longing in the warlord prince’s voice. One that tugged at Vrai and gentled his temper.

”Lies are a matter of perception, Isidore. You see them as bad because you use them for bad. When Eulalie lies to me, it’s because she wants to protect me. I will never be ungrateful or resentful of her affection” For a second he thought Isidore took the words to heart. Eyes wide and lips slightly parted as he stared at Vrai. Then he laughed. Sound choking off as he tried to stifle it with a balled fist to his mouth. It was Vrai’s turn to roll his eyes, turning back onto the bed to get away from Isidore.

”You are the saddest sap I have ever heard in my life, Vrai. Hell’s Fire. The women would just lap you up out here.” Pulling the pillow out from under his head Vrai swung it onto the floor where Isidore squirmed and giggled. ”Get out before you wake her up. Go sleep in the hallway.” The flaming jackass.

Eulalie Reneux

Red to Ebon-gray
  • Black Widow Priestess
  • Played By: dergon

Priestess Mother
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    96 Posts    695 marks
Re: Eulie's Boys
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 08:57:26 PM »

She had not expected to sleep. Excitement buzzing through her barriers. Joy too. It lit Vrai’s face as he looked through the books of the Keep, and was mirrored in her own when their eyes met. But food had made her full, and the night had already run long. Or maybe there had been something in the feast laid out for them by Isidore. Her cousin had seemed tired as well. Weariness tightening the skin around his eyes in a way Eulalie was not familiar with.

But sleep she did, expected or not. Curled beneath the stale blankets. A sea of bed between her and Vrai. He read and Eulalie watched until her lashes dragged her lids to her cheeks and sleep claimed her. It was tumultuous. Full of hissing and whispers as she moved between states. Dreaming ears catching snippets. Vrai and Isidore sitting on either side of her discussing theories on religion. The curves of women. Violence.

Slowly the breathing that had lulled her to sleep changed. Tension and whispers pulling her from rest to wakefulness. Pulling the blankets in close, Eulalie did not open her eyes, and was careful to modulate her breathing so they would not notice. But how could they? Too caught up in each other. Isidore attempting to needle and Vrai defending both himself and Eulalie. She listened, face turning into the bed so she could hear better. Listened and learned. Pulse slowly until it was so shallow she was nearly light headed.

Finally it erupted. Isidore rolling about on the floor while Vrai beat at him like a puppy. Eulalie say up, arm sweeping the heavy curtain of her hair from her face. ”Ssst! Too late for that. Isidore why are you lolling on the floor like a dog?” Eulalie arched her eyebrow at him, looking down her nose at her cousin with disdain tightening her lips. ”Get up. And get out if you cannot control yourself.”

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    126 Posts    1392 marks
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 11:52:39 PM »

The offer was tempting. A few hours of sleep. It sounded sweet. Made sweeter by the potent honey he had picked up on his short excursion to Little Terrielle for food. Body warm and languid now that Vrai was on watch. But the guardian in Isidore had doubts. There would be no sleeping on that lumpy couch. If he left for a private room how long would it take him to reach Eulalie if something went wrong? Cruel and unfair that she invited Vrai to share her bed without extending the offer! Vrai who just lay there as if touching her would burn him alive.

Isidore knew how to make Eulalie the one that burned. She would probably even like it now that she knew what to expect. Another time, perhaps, when he was less busy twisting Vrai’s nerves. The overgrown oaf liked to pretend at serenity and stoicism. Which made needling him all the more rewarding.

There didn’t come a chance to break him though. Not before he tickled Isidore to distraction with his sentimental mush. What a fool! Protecting him? No, Eulalie was protecting herself. That would require a level of love she might not even be capable of.

Yet here was Vrai, chocolate eyes unfocused as if he were daydreaming while he spewed about Eulalie lieing out of love. His ribs hurt with the force of his laughter. Rolling with amusement at the naivety such a grown man could possess! From the bed Vrai beat him with a pillow as if that would calm the sound. It did not.

The rise of a third hissing voice did though. Both men froze. Isidore could not see Vrai’s face once he turned towards Eulalie. His own struggled to keep from snorting out more chuckles. Elbow up near his face to block the worst of Vrai’s attack. Eyes going wide and wet with unshed tears of laughter. ”Always with the insults! It’s not my fault Vrai is such a comedian.” He chortled, earning another stiff whomp with the eunuch’s pillow. It planted firmly in his face and he stole it away. Her words cut deeper than the stuffed fabric ever could.

Always aiming to be rid of him. They could sweat over it. ”Fine. I will go then.” He said with sudden calm. Going to the window instead of the door. He got one foot on the window frame before Vrai tried to hold his ankle with a rope of craft. ”Come now, boyo, don’t get kinky with me. I’m very good at playing with ropes.”

Vrai

Summer-sky to Green
  • Prince

Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    78 Posts    956 marks
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 11:53:02 PM »
There was none of Isidore’s amusement on Vrai’s face when he turned to the hissing priestess. Only the same sort of shame a scolded puppy would show. Eyes just as wide as the other guilty party, but his mouth set down in a gentle frown. ”Forgive me. I didn’t mean to encourage his assery.” Once again Isidore had made him a fool.

Vrai didn’t know why he had become such an easy target. And being frustrated by his own personal weakness only made him more vulnerable to the warlord prince’s mouth. There was no competing for forgiveness though. Eulalie blamed Isidore. Who had to sling subtle insults and quiet threats as usual. This time Vrai was not on the other side of a thick door listening to the crack of a whip though. He was there, in the middle. Right between the cousins.

”Get down from there before you fall out.” He warned, catching Isidore by the ankle before he did something stupid trying to prove he was needed. ”You should go to sleep before its your watch again. And let the Lady get back to sleep.” He was such a child. Perching on the window as if he would launch back off to Paon on a stiff breeze. Eyebrows set in hard challenge at Eulalie.

Leaning towards her on the bed he shook his head at the sheets and whispered. ”Just ask him to stay. He’s being a child. If he leaves there’s no telling when he’ll come back to bring you home.” And that wasn’t a risk Vrai was willing to take. It made his stomach sick, asking his Lady to play into Isidore’s subversion. But if he suggested it, she could take heart in blaming him should it prove bad advice. So he always said what he knew his lady should have been thinking but was too proud or brilliant to admit to herself.

Then Isidore had rounded on him again. Always saying the most ridiculous things. Lips tight Vrai chuffed over the very suggestion. Ropes! How on earth could they have anything to do with the dirty tone the rest of his words took? The two did not merge in his mind. Sex and ropes. But he had never given either much thought before that moment either. As the possibilities came to mind his face flushed and he bared his teeth at Isidore like a dog ready to growl. Defensive. ”Go. Sleep. You can keep the pillow.”

Eulalie Reneux

Red to Ebon-gray
  • Black Widow Priestess

Priestess Mother
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    96 Posts    695 marks
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 06:16:51 AM »

Eulalie did not like their whispering about her. Perhaps she had been wrong in choosing these two to bring with her to the Keep. Eulalie trusted Vrai implicitly, a trust that was returned tenfold, even as he admitted knowledge to her lies. It was Isidore who worried her most. Always seeking for ways to slither between her and her Hand. For ways to goad or wound her oldest companion.

That it was due to jealousy did not flatter her. It was dangerous, the game he played.

”And who will hear footsteps in the hall while you posture at each other?” She corrected them both, though the look on Vrai’s face cut her heart. Sighing, Eulalie sat on her heels, the long skirt of her nightgown pooling between her knees, which stuck out of fabric, sun darkened. Of course Isidore took to tantrums. Eulalie lowered her lids to keep her eyes from rolling, filling the center of the bed now rather than curling on her side. ”Really, Isidore?” She huffed in exasperation as Vrai chased him down with craft.

Would he jump? Or fly away home?

Eulalie leaned in, eyes never leaving her cousin, she looked at him over Vrai’s shoulder, having sensed the approach of her eunuch rather than having seen it. Isidore looked back. Jaw and eyes sharp in furious challenge. Flashing a quick glance at Vrai, Eulalie fought down the urge to deny his suggestion. Let him go! But only Isidore could get them home. The ass. Eulalie sighed.

”Get in here.” She would not beg. Not Isidore, never Isidore. She would take a thousand eyrien spears and walk naked across all the islands of Paon before she begged him for anything. ”Come, and quick flirting with Vrai. You can have that side, and I will take the middle.” There, where the sheets were still warm from her body. That way he would have to climb over her to reach Vrai. Hopefully it would appease his ego enough for him to shut up and be still.

Eulalie’s stomach fluttered.

”We all need rest. Or I’ll be taking your watch for you.” So saying, she dragged the blankets up around her hips and slid back down into the bed. Stiff and unsure now which way to turn. Tugging the sheets up to her chin, Eulalie turned herself into a ball, toes curling into the hem of her nightgown, face tucked into the pillow, closed eyes turned toward the light Vrai read by.

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    126 Posts    1392 marks
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 12:56:57 AM »

”I’ve laid boundary alarms, Lady.” Vrai tacked his words seamlessly on the tail of Eulalie’s accusation. As he were no part of her sparked temper at all, leaving Isidore to take the brunt of the blame. He couldn’t resist snorting again. It was ridiculous; the way they spoke as if every word were planned. So ridiculous in fact he forgot to be annoyed at Vrai taking credit for his work. They boundary alarms were laid with his Sapphire but amateur enough that anyone could read them.

But they must not have planned everything because they took a moment then. Leaning in without actually touching. So close that Isidore put his foot back down to watch. Curious if Vrai’s lips would brush her shoulder. Of course nothing that exciting happened. Yet. There was time still to see if a threesome with her favorite male in the mix might yield better results than he’d had in the past.

Vrai would do it, Isidore was willing to bet his fortune. All Eulalie would need to do is ask. Turning towards them with less fire in his swagger Isidore winked. ”But he likes it Eulie.” You couldn’t tell by the heavy scowl that weighed down the eunuch's brow just then, but Isidore was sure. He liked the attention. It was why he always took Isidore’s bait. On his way to the side of the bed she had offered Isidore stripped out of his shirt.

On the opposite end Vrai rolled his eyes so hard his whole head tipped back. The book swept up off his chest and placed on the nightstand with two others. If he had marked his place Isidore couldn’t tell how. Perhaps he had lost it during their one weapon pillow fight. The bed was lovely and soft. Stretching out on his stomach a moment Isidore eyed them both. The smile hidden by his arms while he breathed in her scent from the sheets reflected in his eyes.

”Well you do have the darkest jewel here. Why not? No one’s getting within a mile without my knowing.” He scooted closer to the backside Eulalie turned towards him. Chin perching on her shoulder. He liked the way it made the vein in Vrai’s jaw tick even though he wouldn’t look directly at them. ”Poor Vrai. You could come over and get under the covers too. Colder here than at home, yes?”

He untucked the lightly embroidered blanket so he could cuddle even closer. Eulalie’s back to his front. Head propped up on his arm. *Look at him. You’re poor brainwashed puppy. Pissed to Hell and back but won’t even snarl about it. You like  that don’t you? All that control.* Isidore meant over Vrai, not the unhappy tolerance the other male was practicing. Hard.

Which was also true of Isidore. The hard part at least. Not so much the unhappy or controlled. He started on the nape of her neck. Weapon worn fingertips drawing small circles on her back. Too well cared for to have calluses but they were rough enough to drag in all the places they caught skin. When she didn’t hiss him off Isidore roamed lower. *I don’t blame you for wanting him close. He’s a looker, your Vrai. All that hair. It’d just get in my way but he does that little top knot thing so well. Do you ever just want to grab a handful of it and climb up?*

He wondered if Vrai guessed at the hand Isidore slid to her ass. A quick squeeze to test the waters. And a pet between her thighs when she didn’t scream. ”Are you sure you want to be in the middle?” He goaded, watching the other man for reactions rather than Eulalie. ”We could put Vrai in the middle instead.”

Slowly the eunuch’s eyes slid sideways to meet his. Smiling back Isidore bounded his eyebrows gleefully. And felt to see if the thin slip of cotton under Eulalie’s nightgown was damp yet. ”You could come tuck in with us, Vrai. Really treat the lady. It’s alright. I can show you how. It doesn’t even take a cock if you can’t get it up.” He flashed teeth with just a peek of his tongue caught between them.

”You..” A muscle made his eye twitch as he looked for words to match the disgust that rolled across his barriers to smack Isidore in the face. Then he calmed down. Like someone flipping a switch. Anger vanished. ”Just because I’m not a mouthy shit doesn’t mean I don’t know how to work a tongue. Why don’t you stop flapping yours so she can’t rest.” Now they were getting somewhere.

Pressing his laughter to her shoulder Isidore shook his head. ”A tongue? That’s all you have to offer?” They had had this fight before. Isidore was ready this time. Proof that his issue had been a one time offshoot was eager and aching to be pressed along her ass.

”There’s nothing you, Jean Valerie, or anyone else can do for Eulie that I can’t. The fact I would do it for a stroke of her pleasure instead of the stroke of my damned ego would make it better than anything you could manage. Now go to sleep.” Vrai deadpanned. But Isidore didn’t believe him. If he had the balls then it would have happened by now. They had been paired up for decades.

With a little help though... Not tonight, he decided, there was too much emotion in the air tonight. Tomorrow maybe, with honeycakes for dessert after dinner. Then they could make a wicked mess. ”That feel good, Eulalie?” He purred in her ear.

The mattress shuddered as Vrai turned towards them. ”You have two wives and a hundred slaves, why can’t you leave Eulalie in peace in ten minutes?” That stiff calm was still in place. Almost hiding the way Vrai’s hands had made fists in the sheets. Without actually crawling under them. ”Because we’re a pair, Eulie and I.” Isidore swept her hair from her face. ”And it wasn’t my grandmommy that made it that way, it was The Darkness that put us together.”

Forever. Balancing one another so neither became to full headed and brought ruin on the other.

”The Darkness made you her cousin too, didn’t it? Sounds like it had a very clear boundaries for the two of you.” He flashed Isidore an uncommonly sharp grin. Some said the Prince was a deadlier sort of danger than the warlord prince. You could survive the blunt attack of the latter, but the subtle tactics of the first might take years to reach you. Then suddenly you were lying in a pool of liquor without your skin. For a minute Isidore believed it.

”Cousin. Not her brother. And not her eunuch either… I,” Sitting up he dragged the blanket up from her body. Fingers still stroking the soft, warm fabric hiding her sweet spot from their tickling. He glanced between them, eating up their reactions. ”am going to go. There’s a sweet thing in Little Terrielle that likes to call me daddy. I’m only a shout away on a thread, love. If you need me to come back and finish.”

He wouldn’t. Let her writhe with it a while. Eunuchs were slow to get ready for fucking, the women complained about it all the time. You had to let the thought really sink in. And ply them with brews. He would get one from Charris before he left in the morning. Just in case the honey was too scary for their sheltered little realities.

Eulalie Reneux

Red to Ebon-gray
  • Black Widow Priestess

Priestess Mother
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    96 Posts    695 marks
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 10:02:10 AM »

”I very much doubt that.” Eulalie sneered, wrapping Vrai in a sliver of Red craft. Not a shield, but a promise. Of course Vrai’s suggestion worked, Isidore turned away from the window and swaggered into the room. Eulalie did not miss the way he watched them, turning her head so her hair brushed over Vrai’s arm. Ignoring the sweep of muscle that appeared as Isidore pulled off his shirt.

She turned toward Vrai, curling beneath the blankets and trying to shut out the way the bed dipped beneath Isidore as he climbed in. Space between them all. An arms breadth from Eulalie to Vrai. Less between her and Isidore as he slipped closer, like a predator among the sheets. ”Very well, since you’re abdicating your duty.” She would not be drawn in by the bait of her Jewels. When the Ebon-grey failed, Eulalie would have the Red to fall back on.

And Isidore would perish.

She tensed as his chin came to rest on her shoulder, the heat of his body chasing any chill from the air. ”Isidore.” Eulalie hissed in warning, turning her face into the blankets, toes curling against her ankle as she drew herself into a tighter ball. It did nothing to protect her. Isidore merely cupped himself around her instead. She dared a glance at Vrai, dark eyes almost colorless in the shadow. Would he? She half hoped he would. *He is not brainwashed, which you would know if sought truth rather than torment.*

Eulalie did look. Looked without looking. What would he think? How would he react if he knew her skin prickled at Isidore’s touch, not in warning, but in wanting. Flesh rising to meet the not-soft caress of his fingers as they trailed down her spine, and lower. Eulalie hated it. Hated Isidore. *Vrai is for more than physical passion.* Lust had been cut from his body. Soul too pure for such worldly things. Eulalie had always believed so. She refused to let what had happened with Georgette change any of that. Body growing flush beneath Isidore’s fingers.

”Are you so desperate for my Hand, Isidore?” She did not want them touching. Vrai was hers. Closing her eyes to slits, because could not bare to look but worse to not know, she pressed her face into the pillow, thighs quivering. Damn Isidore. Hard body and prickling fingers teasing her. Vrai, just there within reach, yet so far away. Did he suspect? Eulalie did not want him to know. Not this. Not this!

”Really?! As if I am not here and have no say?” She jerked as Isidore swept her hair aside, teeth snapping his fingers. Her fingers sought his, pressing them flat and still between her thighs. Heat turning to moisture between them. Not this. Not here in the same bed as Vrai. Or with Vrai. If her body wanted it her soul knew it was evil. ”Enough.” She told them both, pressing hard on Isidore’s knuckles. But it all spiraled to quickly. Caught between both of them.

Isidore’s gleeful lust, Vrai’s disgust and outrage. A swarm of emotions as Isidore sat up and drew back the blankets like her hair, exposing what should not be. Her power swelled, dousing the lights and blowing the sheets and curtains upward. Slamming against Isidore, helping him bodily in his escape. ”Go.” She snarled. Do not look, her hands said as they pulled her nightgown down between her thighs. She sat, covered in hair and fire, knuckles pale fists.

She chased him with craft from the room. Her laughing, scheming cousin. Brushed her hair back from her face and then drew it forward again to cover the hard, dark peaks of her breasts. She could not look at him. Jaw tense and teeth gritted. What would she see? If she turned her head to look at him in the darkness? What would he see? Filth? Wanting? ”I wish,” she began, and then faltered. What did she wish? Eyes as black and wide as the Abyss when she turned them to him. Her Vrai.

Damn Isidore.

Vrai

Summer-sky to Green
  • Prince

Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    78 Posts    956 marks
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 02:32:50 AM »

Vrai was ready to spring. Not like a coil, wound tight with energy that couldn’t be directed, but like the lion that prowled. Body deceptively relaxed as he fought with words since his Lady lie between himself and his opponent. Their battles were rarely physical, after all. Struggling for the intangible affection of Eulalie. Temptation above all else, and prize without equal. It was why Isidore was always goading, and why Vrai took the bait. He was greedy. She was his, and he was her favorite.

In almost all things.

Sex suddenly lay between the three of them like a thick smoke. Clogging Vrai’s senses and sensibilities as Isidore spoke. Making him bristle with truths he knew should never have crossed his mind. There was one way he did not serve Eulalie. Because she had never asked, and Vrai did not long for it with sick desperation like Isidore did.

He would have forced himself to be content with whatever most pleased her in that moment. But he was glad when she snapped at him like a feral creature instead of the priestess he loved. It made one corner of his mouth curve up. Even if the sound coupled with her jerking had set him on edge. And up onto his knees. A half pounce that was overshadowed by a dark frown for Isidore. Who had no real interest, it seemed, in doing more than riling them all up.

In the cool air it was harder to pick out the scent. Vrai could, because he knew it well. Had stood watch, and watched, while his Lady chased her own relief. It made him angry now, that sweet damp musk. Not at Eulalie, or even at Isidore. Disgusting pig that he was. Before he could say more she doused the lights and battered Isidore to the bedroom door. He was still laughing as he made his way down the hall.

All of Vrai had turned to Eulalie though. Eyes tracking her hands because they moved. First over her nightgown which was balled into a pool between her legs. As if that would hide what had happened. He wished he could take her hands. Run his thumbs over her knuckles until the guilt that darkened the depths of her pupils was rubbed away. He offered a touch of Craft instead. Sweeping back the hair she had tossed down her front. ”You don’t have to hide from me.”

No part of herself, he hoped, though he knew she did. His poor Eulie. Chin low and eyes forward as she had done during scoldings when they were young. He didn’t push. When she was ready she would tell him what she needed. Like dewdrops on the ends of grass her words clung to the air. Hovering as if they would burst any moment. Heavy with the unsaid. ”Tell me what you wish so that I can serve.” He whispered at her, as if it were any other piece of advice.

If she wanted him to go in the hall while she slept then he would. Or go down to the Eyriens and see if they sold disposable slaves, then he would do that. He told the creepy warmth in his stomach that there were no other possibilities. Whatever reasons Eulalie held firm to, she held them. There were just some things she didn’t require of him.

Eulalie Reneux

Red to Ebon-gray
  • Black Widow Priestess

Priestess Mother
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    96 Posts    695 marks
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 09:11:55 PM »

Eulalie breathed deep, fingers spreading over the low swell of her stomach. In, deep into the pit of her. It all rushed out in a quivering sigh, nothing steadied or settled by the old habit. Vrai undid any calm she might have grasped at in observing the ritual. Her hair drawn back by his craft, all the promise any priestess or woman could hope for said so simply.

Isidore’s laughter bounced down the hall toward them. Flinching she grabbed the door with a snarl of her Red and slammed it shut. Damn him! Every slick inch. He was a snake at her breast. The poison draught a person drank day after day to survive. Air and ears rattling with the battered door, she stared, stared without looking. Without hoping. What could she ask for? She wanted for nothing. Possessed everything. It had to be enough.

She needed no more. To take a sliver more would be blasphemy.

Oh Vrai.

”To sleep.” Eulalie clawed the folds of her nightgown. He swam in her gaze. A familiar shadow. He had seen her at worse than this. A thousand times worse. ”We have an entire library to read tomorrow. We’ll need sleep to do it with.” Centuries worth of knowledge, cultivated by Witch and her stewards. Eulalie wanted as much of it for herself as she could have. More. Always more. But knowledge was not possession. This was for Paon, and not herself. Wetting her dry lips, she pulled the blankets up around her hips.

”If you lay down with me, will you stay awake?” Never alone. She didn’t have to be now, not even with Vrai sharing the bed with her. Still, Eulalie could not meet his eye when asking. Looking instead at the useless creases she folded into the blankets, or the pillow she fluffed. It was just sleeping. Sharing. Nothing more. None of that perversion Isidore tried to lay at her feet. No need to ask either. Vrai always served. She could ask him to feign death while remaining alert and standing on his head and he would do it.

The ritual was repeated. Sigh troubled as she slid deeper into the blankets, curling beneath their weight. The very tips of her fingers coming to rest on his arm. ”It’ll be morning soon,” she promised them both. Near enough. It was enough. It had to be.

Vrai

Summer-sky to Green
  • Prince

Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    78 Posts    956 marks
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 10:18:28 PM »

No relief. Vrai spoke and had expected something. Anything. But there was nothing in Eulie’s face to tell him that she had heard between the words. Eyes widening at the corners Vrai stared at his lady. Watching as she stared passed him. Over him. Through him? Who knew. Maybe when you reached the very depths of the Abyss you could see more than words could describe. Maybe his grandmother had judged him with his Gray, and when Eulie looked she saw the same impureness of his nature. He swallowed his heart, which had somehow crept up into his chest.

Sleep was not what he thought she really wished for. Not when she fought so fiercely with her clothing. And her hair. And her blankets. Bundling up again. A cocoon to keep his eyes off of her. No heat in his glance, but the threat of it pooled in his groin. Stirring nothing except his confusion. Voice soft Vrai agreed, ”Yes. You will. Sleep Mother Priestess.” He would watch over her, as he always had.

His grandmother was right. Miel and Eulie could hiss at the stories all they liked. She had been right to push him away from stepping beyond his place. Perhaps the brief pain then had been to spare him now. It was dangerous to wonder. But he did. She wished what? For what? Or that what? ”I’ll stay awake.” He promised. More sure of it now than he had been before. Too many questions rattling in his brain while a small war was waged on her sleeping things. Blanket and pillow forced into submission. When she was comfortable he lay down too. Arm for a pillow because his was gone with Isidore. The standard slip of air lay between them. Hair mingling but not Craft this time.

Vrai was glad she had doused the lights. Face slipping into a firm mask that said only he was trying to pretend at no emotion. Her sigh was a blade through the chest, but it was alright, her fingertips had already stopped his heart. ”Uh huh.” He choked out after a long moment. He knew. He knew what she wished. Because just then he wished it too:

That he were any other man, a real man. One that could prove the offer he had made to serve. One that was not too weak to turn her head. But he was Vrai. Reliable protector. Old friend. Like a neutered dog they had given her in childhood. So he sighed instead, much as she had. ”Sleep well.”

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

FALL- AW102

The seasons will change on 04/19.

Recent Topics

All A Quiver by Jin-ae So
[Yesterday at 11:34:52 PM]

Sleepless by Tariq Lamare
[Yesterday at 11:15:41 PM]

Where There's Smoke by Margot Dupuis
[Yesterday at 09:31:56 PM]

The smooshing by Bannick
[Yesterday at 07:02:30 AM]

The spears of Askavi [cw] by Lorivar
[Yesterday at 06:31:12 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Second Hand to Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner