Arbor

White Descent
  • Hearth witch
  • Played By: dergon

Glacia Kaeleer
    35 Posts    406 marks
Gathering [cw]
« on: January 07, 2019, 09:15:07 PM »

It was growing harder the rounder Arbor became to convince her Aros, now her husband, to let her outside. Never alone, not since she’d told him she suspected her pregnancy, and certainly not since it had been confirmed. She wouldn’t dare ask him that, but just outside! In the fresh air and sunlight. She had not seen her friends in what felt like ages. And she wasn’t having any more of it.

”Aros mine,” Arbor pet his chest. Feeling the muscle beneath his shirt, and the hard bone. Lashes lowered, she leaned in, nuzzling the place his heart beat loudest. ”This will be the last good crop this year. I want to go harvest it and do some weaving.” It wouldn’t be long before the baby was born. A day Arbor dreaded in the quiet of her heart. And then she really wouldn’t be able to harvest lake reeds.

She’d be very busy trying to figure out how to be a mother. Completely unsure how to be a good one, much less a mother of any sort. She might not even have time to weave them into anything useful.

”You’ll be with me. And you can chase everyone back into their own houses if you want, but I’m going outside.” Cheeks red as she said it. Arbor held tight to his hand and prayed he would forgive her for being so quarrelsome. Looking up at him, she smiled, hand moving from chest to cheek. She loved him so impossibly much, and would stay inside if he asked. But Arbor thought he would let her out. So sure of it she reached around him and opened the door.

”Come on.” Holding tight to his hand, Arbor lead him down to the lake. Grip shifting so she could lean on his arm. Her whole body felt like it was made of stomach. A tight, round ball she carried directly in front of her. Over the last couple of weeks it had begun to settle over her hips. Pressing on her pelvis and keeping her up at night. Inside their daughter stretched and rolled. A troublesome mite Arbor was half in love with and half in terror of.

”There.” The wide patch of weeds grown wild without her cultivation. Rubbing her back, Arbor pulled her shears from her basket and bent to cut them. But bending didn’t work. All it did was make her groan. ”No.” She pouted. Why was everything so hard to do now? Keeping the house clean was exhausting! The laundry was impossible. And now she couldn’t even cut reeds. Arbor sniffled. ”Help me sit down. I’ll do it from there.”

Aros

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Glacia Kaeleer
    44 Posts    460 marks
Re: Gathering
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:08:42 PM »
There had been many times in his life when Aros thought everything was as it should be. And many more when he wept because things were not. Today he was caught in an odd limbo between both extremes. Small Arbor heavy with child. Their child, that they had created together. Wife doing all the hard work while Aros could only watch. Growing and growing, which pleased him at first. But now there was a suffocating mein of waiting in the air. Arbor was uncomfortable. Her walk pained, and she groaned at night when he made the bed move to quickly.

He tried his best to be gentle. Helpful instead of annoying. A challenge to be kind to others when they came so close to all that was important in his world. Vulnerable wife carrying vulnerable child. So beautiful, even as her ankles started to swell and her eyes grew tired. Soon, his mother promised, the child would come soon. Sooner if Aros would stop being a prude.

Blushing at just the memory of the conversation he was caught pleasantly off guard by wife’s snuggling. Warm hand finding her tailbone he stroked the muscles she complained hurt most, steady circles with the tips of his fingers. ”Yes Arbor-wife?” A quiet ceremony, they had decided. Glad it was done early on because the more her pregnancy progressed the less he could tolerate anyone near. Even her brother barred from entry. ”Crop?”

Voice straining Aros tried to concentrate on her words instead of her body. So near that he could feel their baby wiggle for space. Reeds. She wanted to harvest reeds. ”Yes. I’ll go and get you some.” He offered. Inside was the best place for pregnant wives. Walls to protect while Aros wasn’t looking. Sapphire locks on the door so none could come out.

That was not what Arbor-wife wanted, though. Brows puckering together he scratched his bottom lip on pointed fangs with a sharp suck. Trying his best to let her speak when he just wanted to kiss the thoughts of her head and send her to bed. ”Outside?” Her face had already won the fight. His wife should not have to blush to ask such a simple thing. But outside? Danger, danger, danger his heart drummed warning against it.

”I…” Couldn’t argue with hands on his face and chest. ”yes wife.” He gave in meekly. Scowling at the sunshine as it poured into the house. Scowled even mightier at the neighbors that they crossed on the short walk to the lake. Every one of Arbor’s steps watched. Probes like a cloak around her shoulders as they went. Was she tired? Did she need a break? Should he get a chair? A group of gangly young bucks were rushing nearer, kicking a bound leather ball between them. With a grunt Aros shoved a wide flat shield twenty feet away. Like a wall to block them. They ran into it and toppled over one another. None daring to complain when the realized its source.

When they finally reached the water’s edge he probed a broad circle. Mostly satisfied that it was safe he moved to stand behind Arbor. Hands on her hips. Anxious as she made an unpleasant sound. ”Wife!” He whined, bending down to peer over her shoulder. She was alright. Just aching with the weight of their growing child. ”Let Aros do it.” Again, that was not what wife wanted. Taking her hands in his Aros knelt down behind her. ”Okay. Come here. Sit in my lap.”

He liked her there. Close to him. Pressing a kiss to the back of her neck he sighed. ”Let me? You point. I’ll cut. Then when you have enough, we can swim.” That would be good. He thought. Naked in the water together. No. Not for that, he told his eager spear. For relaxing! Arbor’s body would feel light in the water. Her muscles could use the break. But also naked in the water together.

Arbor

White Descent
  • Hearth witch

Glacia Kaeleer
    35 Posts    406 marks
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »

Arbor didn’t grudge his arguing. His face working with his mind to puzzle a way to keep her in the house. Aros was just keeping her safe the way he always had. And his hands made her want to lay back down and sleep. Strong and steady as he rubbed the ache from her back. But all she did was sleep, and she wanted out. To feel the sun and do something useful.

Tired of being shut up in her house. Carefully arranged and cleaned a dozen times over. Nothing out of place. She hardly allowed them to live in it, for fear she would have to do all the work again. Instead she followed Aros around the house when she wasn’t sleeping. And cried when one of their mothers took the laundry away to he washed.

”Outside.” Her poor love. But he would keep her safe. Arbor had never once been hurt when he’d been near. He knew it too, giving in to her instead of asking her to give in to his. The sun felt good, and so did his probes. Wan smiles for their poor neighbors. And a giggle for the toppled boys. ”Aros.” Arbor chided, but smiled and stroked his arm when she did.

”Husband.” She looked at him, kissing his cheek as he peered at her. ”I forgot I cannot bend over, is all Aros-mine.” No where for her belly to go when she did. But she had Aros there to help her. Easing her down into his lap. With a sigh, Arbor leaned back against him, rubbing his knee with her free hand. Her cushioned by his shoulder, Arbor pouted, shears handed over because there was no fixing it.

”Swim?” Arbor pointed to a patch of reeds, eyes on the lake. It wouldn’t be too cold yet. But... hands spanning her belly, she smoothed the fussy baby inside it. ”I don’t know Aros. You can, I will weave.” Uncomfortable with the appearance of her body as much as the aches unyielding nature of it. She wore more clothes now, even though she rarely left the house. Even Aros’ shirts had grown tight.

”Those too.” She pointed, gathering the cuttings in what made up her lap these weeks. Which was the top of her stomach. ”I think I will weave Nyree a home for that thing she calls a kitten.” Turning beneath his antler, Arbor kissed the side of his face.

Aros

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    44 Posts    460 marks
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:57:38 PM »
With a hum that was meant to be soothing Aros passed his fingertips along the hard slope of Arbor’s flank. A small knot moved near the base of her ribcage. No. No room for bending over, poor wife. ”Any day now, my love.” That was what his mother said every time she came to check on Arbor. Which was every day. A mixture of matriarchal joy at another grandchild, and her son’s persistent worry.

Ear tips red he pushed away her advise on how to get the baby out sooner. If Arbor was too uncomfortable for bending over he was sure the last thing she wanted was sex. They had gone mostly without, even after multiple healers had laughed at him for being so sure it might harm the child.

Settling in his lap as cozily as she could manage Arbor leaned to his chest. He kissed the crown of her head, right between the antlers, and stroked her hair back. Beautiful creature. He would never be able to thank her enough for the sacrifice of crafting life. ”I can warm the water, if you’re worried it will be cold.” He offered.

Using her small shears he started clipping the section of reeds she had pointed out. ”Why? It might soothe you, and her too.” Free hand settling over hers he used craft to bend the reeds and hold them still for the blades. ”She’s so strong already. Like her momma.” He whispered, kissing Arbor’s cheek, their antlers tapping lightly.

”Yes, wife.” He chuckled. Scooting them both closer to the patch she pointed out. Collection growing as the wiggled awkwardly along the shoreline. The longer they stayed out the broader his warning probes swept. Until their piece of the lake was silent and peaceful. ”Better not put a door on it’s little house or Enele will be locking the poor thing in.”

Strange friends, they had all become. Alike but different. The men especially. But Aros was too busy dwelling on his woman to think of anyone else. ”How about these? They’re tall.” His finger pointed along the shear’s closed blades. Half green reeds swaying in the soft afternoon breeze. ”Show me how you pick them and I’ll keep you stocked up.” And safe in the house until baby came. Then for a few weeks after.

He hoped their daughter had her mother’s thoughtfulness, and his heart. That she was gentle coming into the earth. He hoped a lot of things for and of her, really. ”What about Althea? Wasn’t there a girl in the village called that when we were young? I’ve heard it somewhere. It’s a nice name.”

Arbor

White Descent
  • Hearth witch

Glacia Kaeleer
    35 Posts    406 marks
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 03:02:49 PM »

”I know.” Told the same until it kept her up at night, along the with baby’s constant movements. Slower and heavier now that she had less room to move. Too big for all the twirling and dancing she had done before. Arbor worried she was too big for coming out too. Worried about the pain. The time. If she would have the energy or skill to birth Aros his daughter.

”Seems a waste.” Arbor hedged. Harder to deny him from the comfort of his lap. Lips brushing her hair. Hands soothing her body before they set to her work. He had always been kind to her. And once she had become his, Aros had taken care of Arbor. Though he had left her for long stretches of time to hunt queens or attend other business that was his duty, he had always come back. Bearing love and gifts.

”I don’t know. We will see after we’ve harvested my reeds.” Maybe they would both be too tired by then. Arbor was always tired. And shifting her weight plus his own and doing all the work was sure to tire Aros as well. She had been lighter when he had carried her half across Glacia hunting the last queen. Arbor still felt lingering guilt for making him turn back. But not enough to let him go.

”Like you, you mean.” She had never been strong. Aros had always been strong enough for both of them. The whole herd really. He shifted them again, cutting as she directed with a meekness Arbor did not believe for a moment. He just wanted her back in the house. ”Can you blame him?” She asked with a beleaguered sigh. Arbor had been on the receiving end of the kitten’s love as well. Which was sharp and painful.

Pulling all the reeds close, Arbor eyed them from end to end and squirmed deeper into Aros’ lap. He was up to something. Looking at him, Arbor shook her head. ”Not those. But the bunch beside it.” That was all the lesson she was going to give him. Arbor nuzzled his cheek. He really did want her back inside. Probably forever. She wondered how much worse it would get when their daughter arrived. The lake a silent retreat for them now. Even the insects chased away.

Wrinkling her nose, Arbor began twisting reeds together. ”I’m not naming my daughter after ‘some girl from the village’.” She huffed, making a knot. ”Really Aros.” Who was Althea?! The reeds became a shape in her lap. Wide flat bottom and the beginning curves of the sides. ”I like Margret. Or Estelle.” She told him, pausing in her work to look into the future. Past the fear and pain to where Aros and her daughter waited for her. ”But not Althea.” She stretched and eyed the water.

It would make him happy, maybe. But would he be happy looking at her? Swollen and red lined as she was?

Aros

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    44 Posts    460 marks
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 08:57:29 PM »
Aros sucked in a breath and held it to keep from sighing. Turning her words over in his head. He didn’t know why she was unwilling, and didn’t dare let her know the wording set his heart aching. Too hard to find words of his own to share or soothe. So he said none. Only thought them between the rhythmic swipe of blades on reeds. Thought that no thing that brought Arbor comfort was a waste. No time spent with her, either. Was she starting to feel that it was? Had Aros done something to leave her demoralized? Or was he crowding her so fully that she wanted away instead of near?

Fangs pressing to his lip he ducked his head and clipped more reeds. Letting the subject settle heavily behind his eyes. Where it bothered no one as long as he didn’t question the why too much. Probably tired he decided- to ease his own worries some. Choosing not to focus on that either. Then he would just drag her home. She would be angry. Better to just let her weave as she wanted. Whatever made her happy.

”No. Like her mother.” Aros repeated. Brushing her hair tips with his knuckles between snips of the shears. ”However strong you think I am, remember who holds me together.” Wiping queen’s blood from his palms and never flinching at his tears. She was the strongest woman he had ever met. Unless there were kittens involved. ”No. And my boots don’t blame him either.”

Trickery did Aros no favors either. Improving her mood none, and getting him no wiser as to her preference for reeds. Licking a fang he nodded. Reaching for the ones she motioned towards instead. Eyes closing at her touch he leaned into the press of her nose. Soft and warm, breath fanning his cheek and tickling his hair. Maybe he should just carry her home. She had plenty of reeds now, and she could relax in a bath instead of the lake.

Maybe he would go night fishing and just wrap the house in Sapphire shields. Give her time away from Aros. He was only making things worse. Wilting under her huffing he worried the end of a reed in her lap. All teetering on top of the hard ball that was their baby. ”Ok. I’m sorry.” It was just a pretty name. He hadn’t meant to offend. On the inside of his lip fangs scratched at tender skin. He would be quiet. Let her weave in the outside as she had wanted. ”Not Althea. Estelle sounds nice.” And Hazel or Dawn. Since she had not liked his first suggestion of Fawn. the once name she had set aside to become Aros’ woman.

Without her finger pointing at reeds he leaned back. Shears set aside and hands splayed. Chest meeting her back so that she was comfortable. Still small enough to fit in his pocket, he thought, even with the baby making her stomach bloom. So beautiful in the evening light he could have frozen the moment forever just to count the strands of hair turned to spun gold on her head. Short antlers made long by the shadows cast on the ground.

That was one thing he hoped his daughter did not have. Ever. No matter her caste. Let her grow low nubs or a soft point like her mother. Let her be anything in the world except a queen. Soured by the thought he sighed into his shoulder. Blooding the inside of his lip and flaring his probes out farther. He hoped the night came early. To cover the shadows and make it too dark for her to weave. Then he could bring her inside where there was only safety and warmth.

Arbor

White Descent
  • Hearth witch

Glacia Kaeleer
    35 Posts    406 marks
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 09:52:41 PM »

Arbor blushed, the heel of her hand rubbing one cheek beneath her eye. Warmed from toes to antlers, she could not find words to match his own. Her importance so tangled with his. All her aspiration in making him happy. Keeping his home a welcoming one. Loving him without fear so easy, because knew him. Saw past the fangs that bruised his lips, or the Jewels and Caste that made him so fiercesome.

A good home. Clean air. Ready meals. But she did more than that. And she was grateful to know it.

”I promise, I’ll fix your boots after the baby comes.” Do their laundry herself, and cleanse the air of the house. All the things she had not been able to do since her pregnancy. Take proper care of him again. Even if he suggested names from village girls for their daughter! Arbor did not remember an Althea. She would ask her brother. If she ever got to see him again. Too male to be allowed into the house, healer or not.

Maybe Aros’ mother would know. Or her own. But Arbor remembered no Althea at all. ”Maybe Estelle then.” He waited for him to offer more suggestions, basket walls growing beneath her fingers. The sun made her head and nose warm. Back comforted by Aros’s chest. Body cradled in his long legs. Arbor leaned into him, waiting for more names, hopefully not shared with village girls.

But Aros was quiet. Heart beat steady beneath her shoulder. Arbor’s weaving slowed, the scent of his blood drawing in her attention. Pausing, she looked at him, nose twitching as she tested the air, no craft for probes. But she knew the smell of his blood. Familiar with so many parts of him. ”Aros-mine?” Her husband was far away. Setting the basket aside, Arbor pet his upper arm and shoulder.

”Do you want to swim before its too dark, love?” He was worrying. Fangs making the inside of his lip bleed. Arbor knew. She pulled a little jar from her pocket and offered it to him. A soothing ointment to seal the cuts made by his fangs. ”I can finish this after dinner. And we still haven’t decided a name.” Not much time left. They needed to pick.

Aros

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    44 Posts    460 marks
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »
”You’ll tend baby, after she comes.” Aros corrected gently. Boots would wait. Or new boots bought. Much as he wanted to see their little one wrapped in her mother’s arms, he worried for Arbor. Worried about the pain, the trial it would be on her body. He had watched tired new fathers in the village market. If they were exhausted, he could not imagine their wives. He wanted no promises that might strain or leave her feeling guilty. Knowing she wanted to do it for him was enough.

However, he knew that while fighting was in his nature, fussing Arbor was not. Quieted by her upset he watched the art of her fingers. Craft without Jewels. Something from practically nothing. She was so clever. And all the good things in his life balanced on the tip of her happiness. A beacon to call him home when he was adrift.

To plant him in reality when his mind was a storm. ”Arbor-wife.” He answered, kissing the back of her hand as it smoothed up over his shoulder. Sitting up straighter as she shifted in his lap. Sucking the blood from his teeth before he smiled Aros pet her hip in return. Trying to sooth the worry from her bones.

Aros lifted his shoulder under her hand. ”No, I don’t want to go in without you.” And she did not want to go in. ”Make your cat-house. It’s pretty to watch.” Talented fingers twisting the reed into usefulness. Binding them together the same way she wove Aros back together when he neared brokeness.

Taking the jar he passed a fingerful of the ointment inside along his inner lip. It had a taste much the same as the metallic tang of his blood. And it felt unpleasant when it gunked against his gums. Using it made Arbor feel better, and it did sooth the scratches. So he did as silently bid. Then rocked them both side to side a little before giving the jar back. ”Maybe once we see her face we will just know what to call her. If not she can just be “Aros’ Daughter’. Then no one will both her.” Too frightened of her father to make trouble for the child.

Against his own nature, he hoped it would be that way for their baby. Because there would be death if his daughter ever saw the inside of the Cave. He rubbed her hips while she picked at her weaving. ”You could have a long, warm bath. Inside. My mother sent over a pouch of lilac and jasmine for the water while you were napping.” Inside. Inside was good.

Arbor

White Descent
  • Hearth witch

Glacia Kaeleer
    35 Posts    406 marks
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 01:34:55 PM »

”I can do more than tend the baby, Aros.” She was desperate to return to the way things were. When she needed no ones help to take care of Aros. She suffered it now only because it came from their mothers and she had no choice. Too round and craftless to do it all. But she hated sharing any small part of what made her Aros’ woman. Especially when he was too concerned with hurting her or their daughter to lay with her.

Wife. Arbor-wife. It soothed her soul. The ceremony cementing her place at his side forever. Lips on her hand as he moved beneath her. Making room in his lap for the new shape of her body. His hands and nearness soothing even as she tried to draw him back from his thoughts. Both of them too engrossed with inside worries.

”No more cat-house.” She told him, setting it all aside since she could not vanish it like she once had. ”The light is too low weaving.” But all that sun should have warmed the water a measure. So Aros would not have to drain his Jewels to warm it. But that could wait until he tended himself, eyes watching him spread the ointment across the inside of his lip, ignoring the face he made while doing it. Arbor would have done it herself, but he was always worried about hurting her.

Arm around his neck, Arbor curled into him, stroking him behind his ear. She loved him so very much. ”Yes.” The perfect name. A daughter much lover and treasured. And protected. Arbor giggled and kissed him. Lips pressing into his jaw and nose into his cheek. ”Already you worry! She will be too strong for anyone to fret her.” Aros would make sure she knew how to protect herself. And if her Jewels were small like Arbor’s, she would teach her how to survive when all the world was a danger.

Shaking her head, Arbor ran her hand over his chest. Inside! Inside! ”No. I would rather swim with you in the lake. You have worked so hard to frighten all the fish and frogs away.” She nuzzled close before heaving herself from his lap. Using Aros’ strength to get upright. Arbor blushed, tucking herself against him again. ”You just can’t look until I’m in the water.” No one else to see, chased away by his probes and shields.

Arbor covered his eyes and kissed his lips carefully before stepping away. Clothing loose and easily discarded. Anything more complicated too much trouble. She left her clothing where it fell. A small trail from Aros to the lake shore. Arms wrapped around the new weight of her breasts, she waded slowly into the water. Shivering only a little at the late season coolness. ”Come on, love.” She tempted, sinking down to her chin.

Arbor peered at him over her knuckles, fingers curled under her chin. Aros body unchanged by her pregnancy. Still strong and beautiful. Filling her with desire and tenderness both. This was her man. Her husband. Warlord Prince of the cervini, and treasure of her heart. ”Here.” Arbor called, as if he could not see her, arms reaching for him.

Aros

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    44 Posts    460 marks
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »
Knees lifting a little to tip her closest Aros hummed at her petting. Tickling behind his ears. Sweet lips tagging his jaw. Smiling he leaned in to the loving. Whine plaintive but not quite defensive. ”Of course I worry already. She’s the culmination of our love. As precious to me as her mother.” And there was nothing more precious to Aros than Arbor.

Together they would raise her to be a survivor. To embrace life and find a love as pure as the one her parents shared. It was exciting. When it wasn’t being terrifying. As often as he dreamed of the nice parts he worried about the worrisome ones. Babies, he had been noticing, were very very small. He had not yet seen one up close, but he noticed them in the village. Even the ones old enough to walk were shorter than his knee was high.

Pulled from the thought he watched Arbor trail her fingers on his chest. Skin warming and smile spreading. ”Yeah?” The points of his teeth flashed. Carefully put away again to run his chin between her antlers at her nuzzling. He was glad. He wanted to swim. But he was worried too, that she agreed only for his benefit. ”If you’re sure. Really, really sure.”

Arms full of wife he rumbled happily. Then cut his chuckling short to look down at her with narrowed eyes. Which she covered with her palms. Distraction in the taste of her lips enough to keep him quiet another second. ”Why can’t I look, Arbor-wife?” She was his! That wasn’t fair.

And he had not agreed before she waddled away. Making him smile more. Peeking through dark lashes at the glory of her body. A perfect roundness in the front. Hips wider than they had been. Swaying as she walked. Bottom two sweet, pale orbs he was very tempted to trace. When she sank into the water he hurriedly covered his eyes again. Her call answered with a sharp grin.

Body hungry at the sight, but mind unsure. The loose cotton tunic he wore was pulled up over his head. Hanging on an antler, making him shake his head until it fell. Shoes and pants stepped out of. Only a moment of hesitation and blushing for the briefs beneath. Spear ramrod straight already. Knuckling the smile on his face he covered his balls with a hand. Keeping them from hitting the water too soon.

”Here, here.” He agreed. Slipping closer. Catching her hips and rolling around to the back of her. Where he could pull her to his chest without baby in the way. ”Why does Aros wife want him to close his eyes? Hmm? He can’t see her if he does that.”

Arm wrapping around her, just under her breast, he turned his head so he could kiss her ear and jaw without poking an eye. He trailed probes in the water. Keeping the fish and frogs still away. Testing to see if she was comfortable too. ”Warm enough?”

Arbor

White Descent
  • Hearth witch

Glacia Kaeleer
    35 Posts    406 marks
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 05:22:14 PM »

Sweet comfort. His chin prickling her scalp. Small moments like this were her favorite. The casual way he embraced her. Absently caressing her. Arbor liked the small hours of the morning too, the rare days she woke before he did and could enjoy him in darkness and peace. To look and pet without him knowing, until and his spear woke just before the sun.

”I’m really sure.” The weightlessness of water was soothing, as he knew. It would take some of the pressure from her back, which ached infernally. Today the pain more intense than others, but she would not tell him that. She agreed for him as much as herself. To give in and please him. It took nothing from her but a little bit of pride. Shyness at her body. Shyness Aros did not approve of.

”Because.” The only reason she could articulate. How could she explain the way she felt? She might as well show him if she told him about the changes in her body he might have missed. Making sure his eyes were shut, Arbor escaped. Shedding clothes on her way into the water, unaware that her husband was up to tricks again. Eyes shut when she turned to face him.

Aros left a trail too. The sight of his spear, though well known, made her blush. A warmth settling on her skin that had nothing to do with adjusting to the water temperature. Her fingers caught his shoulders, but only for a moment. Light as a doll in the water and twice buoyant, Aros maneuvered them together. Arbor flush to his chest, back arching into his arm, wishing his hand would rest higher.

”What is there to see but belly?” Was her answer. One hand reaching high to curl at his neck. The other low to grip his hip and hold her bobbing body still against his. Arbor hummed pleasure, turning into his lips and pressing her ear to his kiss. He felt good at her back. Strong. Virile. ”Very warm, Aros mine.” Arbor promised, stroking the bone of his hip, thumb tracing the deep line if cut muscle near it. Arbor shivered, but not from the cold.

The pain in her back retreating. All the drag on her body taken by the water. It was soothing, just as he said it would be. Now it was something else that ate her. An ache she had carried most of her pregnancy. Aros’ worries growing with her stomach until Arbor had stopped asking at all. He did not believe the healers, and she did not want to pressure him with requests.

But she missed his spear.

”Aros mine.” Arbor started, voice sweet to prime him for favor asking. She thought if she lifted just a little, and bent backward, which she could in the water... Arbor held tight to his shoulder, water lapping at the top of her breasts. ”We are alone, and it is almost dark.” And his spear was ready. Arbor let go of his hip in favor if that hand hold. Even if he would not agree to sex, she was sure he wouldn’t refuse her that.

Aros

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    44 Posts    460 marks
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 06:09:19 PM »
Mouthing falling open in mock offense he caught her up. ”That’s my wife you’re talking about, missy.” He ducked lower so she could wrap her arm around his neck. ”Her belly is beautiful. But I like all the other parts too.” The ear he kissed after, the arms she wrapped around him. Pretty hair, petite antlers, perky breasts that brushed his chest.

They were particularly fascinating. But his fear of hurting Arbor, or their daughter, made him resist. Most of the time. Today he held her a little bit tighter so that they continued to bob against him in the water. ”Good. Warm is good.” Closing his eyes he mentally traced the path of her thumb. It made his knees feel liquid. Silt falling under the pressure of his toes he rocked from them to his heels and back again.

Temptation a hard line that weighed heavily between his legs. Warm and silky in the water he moved them with the slow waves that started in the lake’s center and flowed to the shore. Arbor’s relief palpable as her muscles eased in the change of gravity.

”Yes, love?” He mumbled into her temple. Recognizing schemes in her tone but too focused on the round tops of her breast peeking through the water. Light was fading fast from the sky but he was sure he could see the points of her nipples. Before he had convinced himself to reach up and strum his thumb over one Arbor hinted at what she really wanted. ”Yesss?” He encouraged, stifling a giggle. Almost sure he knew what she wanted. Then very sure, as she reached over and took it. Nimble reed-weaving fingers circling his shaft.

With a groan he flexed his fingers on her body. Hips jerking towards her hand. Aros lifted her higher. Tongue flicking over her lips and stealing water droplets from her jaw. ”Maybe if I’m very, very gentle?” He asked, as if he had been the one to suggest their bodies joining. Arbor did not need convincing, he thought. And he had gone so long now it felt like undue punishment rather than protective instinct.

”Very. Very. Very. Gentle.” He told her. Punctuating the words with kisses on her collarbone. Teeth rubbing on the ointment rather than breaking his skin further. Shifting his grip he palmed one of the pretty nipples that grazed the lake’s surface. ”Do they hurt?” Her whole breast had grown. Not as much as her womb, but the change was noticeable. Nipples a deeper color, and a little wider at the base. He wanted to try it on his tongue, but sometimes they were too sensitive for touching. Like when her moontime was near. Pregnant still smelled like a strange moontime to him, so he wasn’t sure.

Arbor

White Descent
  • Hearth witch

Glacia Kaeleer
    35 Posts    406 marks
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 08:52:44 PM »

Arbor giggled. Joy in the way she wrapped her arms around him. A soft happiness that was full of contemned. Warm Aros body against hers. Strong Aros arms to keep her safe. Good shields too, safe shields that kept her inner webs from vibrating. ”I bet she likes your parts too.” She smiled against him, smelling the sun on his skin.

”Warm is good,” Arbor agreed. Aros was warm. No need for craft to heat the water when he warmed her body with his. Water lapping around them, changing the texture of his skin and the way their bodies moved against each other. Rocked by waves and Aros. He anchored them, but let their bodies move with the water. Spear soft and warmest when it touched her.

Best when it was in her hand. Drawing a groan from him with her fingers. And his tongue from his mouth. It chased lake water across her lips and jaw. ”Aros.” Arbor giggled, breathless suddenly. Belly a tightness between her breasts and her thighs. ”Yes, please.” She all but begged him. It had been so long. Too long. All the petting and kissing in the world not half as satisfying as his spear.

Arbor gasped, fingers trying to keep their grip on his spear as he lifted her. His kisses making her whimper. ”You are always gentle, Aros mine.” He had never hurt or frightened her. Sighing, Arbor sank her fingers into his hair, and locked her feet behind his knees. ”No. No.” Only when he didn’t touch them, but Arbor blushed to think such a thought and would never voice it. Arbor shivered and lifted her breast into his hand, the palm of hers rolling over the tip of his spear.

”Please, Aros.” She did not know how he would fit past her body, but Arbor was sure it would be fine once he did. The healers had said it would do their daughter no harm. And Arbor was sure it would do her and Aros plenty of good, her poor sweet man, just as without as she was.

Aros

Opal to Sapphire
  • Warlord Prince

Glacia Kaeleer
    44 Posts    460 marks
Re: Gathering [cw]
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 12:33:59 AM »
If he were not always hard for Arbor he would have been then. Please, she said, with an edge of torment. There was nothing as wonderful as being wanted by someone you wanted. Nothing. It made all his cells bristle with eagerness. Doubts melting away she tugged on the tip of his spear to keep it in her hand.

Chuckling Aros gave her a necklace of kisses. Bashful but glad hearted under her praise. Blushing more as she skimmed his antlers to take hold of his hair. He turned serious, heavy eyed and firm. The hunger in her body a punishment of sorts. This was his fault. Wife turned needy by his selfishness. Thinking of his fears instead of her desires. There was no way to turn back time so he did not waste any apologizing. He would make up for it instead.

Moaning for her teasing fingers he teased back. Thumb rolling over the nipple she begged into his hand. Mouth taking a slow, deep kiss from her lips. Every move calculated so that he did not mark her with the fangs he had to expose so that he could cautiously suck her lip. Practice for what he intended with the plump breasts that weighed against his palm. Fiddle between finger and thumb as she settled close. Clinging to him with ankles on his legs.

”Don’t.” His voice broke, husky with the compound heat of her desire and his passion. When he’d clear a layer of the grit with a cough he rubbed his nose to her nose. ”Don’t ever let me leave you longing again, wife.” She didn’t deserve an ounce of wanting he could fill.

The filling was trick now, though. Raising her hips to meet his he tried not to jostle their babe overmuch. ”Comfortable?” He asked, spreading a wide hand along her back, helping her to bow down towards the water. The back of her head meeting the lake. Spear caught between her thighs. Throbbing at the familiar crux, ready to slip in. Aros couldn’t resist eating her alive with his eyes.

One nipple plucked at, then the other. Beautiful, round womb touch his abs. Navel turned out by the lack of space inside. He held her, hand on her back and the other trailing up to cup her skull. Breasts kissed. Their new size making it less of a stretch over her belly than it otherwise might have been. ”They’re so rosy.” He complimented, flicking his tongue on a hard bud. The other sucked at once before he jerked his face away. Burying it between her breasts while he flushed and considered the sensation on his tongue.

”You’re even sweeter than I remember.” He joked, burning up inside. It was not a thing he had expected. A tongue full of flavor that made him tremble in mortification. But they both needed this now. Spear slipping in the part of her thighs. He couldn’t ruin the mood. Kissing her sternum he stood straight again. She looked ready to float on the water. Both hands holding her up he smiled. ”Help me in. Slow.”

Arbor

White Descent
  • Hearth witch

Glacia Kaeleer
    35 Posts    406 marks
Re: Gathering [cw]
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »

It had always been good between them. Not always easy. But always good. Aros her safe place before she’d known she would need one. Twice as grateful once she did. His lips leaving a trail of warmth around her throat. Careful kisses that did not scrape or scratch. Practiced kisses. Sweet, good kisses that made her sigh happily.

Aros gave her more of them. This time he settled them on her lips. His pleasure at her touch a low moan. Repaid by a thumb over her nipple, teasing it until it was full and aching and Arbor’s hips twitched with wanting. Aros gave her more. Sucking her lip and relearning the shape of her breast. Larger now. Nipples too, different than they had been before. More sensitive she found.

”Yes, Aros mine.” Arbor moaned. She never wanted to go so long without him again. There was too much pleasure in it. Too many chances to make him feel half as good as he made her. The lake rocked her into his body. His hands helping to life her higher. Arbor locked her legs around his waist and let him ease her back into the water. Hair spreading out around her. She floated, weightless. Anchored to Aros’ waist. And Aros’ mouth. ”Comfortable.” She promised, feeling his spear nestle against her thigh.

Aros held her. Wide hand at her back. Strong fingers threading through her hair. Tongue tasting the greedy tips of her breasts until she panted. One drawn in between the space of his fangs. Never touching. Never hurting, but yanking a moan from her and tightening her fingers in his hair. Panting, Arbor let him go. Stroked his face and his arms and let him hide between her breasts. Unaware of what made him so suddenly shy. No words to answer him with, Arbor kissed the space between his antlers.

No way to reach above the water, Arbor bowed herself and reached beneath. Hips lifting and fingers tugging to help bring them together. Stroking him into the folds hidden between her thighs. Holding tight to his arm, Arbor rocked herself this time. Rocking until he slipped in. ”Aros!” Arbor moaned, hand and thighs tightening around him. It was like being complete after living a life not knowing you weren’t.

”It doesn’t hurt,” she promised, stroking his arm. It didn’t hurt at all. The pain in her back did, but his spear was sweet relief.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

FALL- AW102

The seasons will change on 04/19.

Recent Topics

All A Quiver by Jin-ae So
[Yesterday at 11:34:52 PM]

Sleepless by Tariq Lamare
[Yesterday at 11:15:41 PM]

Where There's Smoke by Margot Dupuis
[Yesterday at 09:31:56 PM]

The smooshing by Bannick
[Yesterday at 07:02:30 AM]

The spears of Askavi [cw] by Lorivar
[Yesterday at 06:31:12 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner