Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    159 Posts    969 marks
Nothing Quite Like Momma's Cooking
« on: May 31, 2019, 07:27:10 PM »

One knee bobbing over the arm of his favorite chair Isidore sighed at the ceiling. His other foot was planted firmly on the floor. Ready to rise if his mother showed up with company. But the lazy set of his head on the opposite chair arm and the lack of a shirt were clear evidence he expected her to be alone.

He was in a petulant mood. The aura thick in the air around him so that Angeline would have ample warning. While he waited he counted the speckles in the tiles overhead. And wondered if she preferred this new home to the one she had raised him in. Not that he was ungrateful for inheriting the estate. It felt like home, no matter how many unpleasant memories were swept under the rugs.

”You,” He said with a tone of accusation, ”are out of papaya juice.” As she came into the sitting room where he waited Isidore turned himself right side up. Long legs sprawling and strong arms lifted to the sky so that his shoulders would pop. Dark eyebrows drawing together he stood with the slow grace of a feline. Or any prowling predator, really. ”Where were you off to anyway?”

No one was ever where he left them anymore. It was getting very frustrating. Being made to wait for the women in his life. Face dipping low he caught her by the shoulders to place a hard kiss on her cheek. Then her temple. Another for the top of her head. ”Missed me any?” It had been a few weeks since his last visit. Raids and escapades stretching the length of time to nearly unheard of measures. He was curious how long he could go before she would call him back. But not curious enough to risk her temper.

@Angeline Nazaire

Angeline Nazaire

• Inactive Character
  • Healer
  • Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    3 Posts    24 marks
Re: Nothing Quite Like Momma's Cooking
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »
The sapphire and ebon gray weren’t easy to miss, especially when their presence was as familiar to her as her own jewels. She knew he was home when she approached, but at least he’d had the grace to lock the door behind himself after he’d ventured inside. Angeline clucked her tongue. He was the only person who could invade her private space without repercussions. As much of a healer as she was, that didn’t mean she was slow to harm if it came down to it. She certainly wasn’t slow to defend herself.

But she didn’t need to defend herself, because the particular warlord prince who had settled into the sitting room was someone she would always open her arms to — regardless of his mood or bearing.

”Perhaps if you came around more often, I’d keep it on hand, just for you,” Angeline said, though the chastisement in her voice was softened by her smile. She regarded him as he rose, admiring the hard, muscled line of his body. That was hers — all of it. Even that unmistakable aura revealing his mood was hers, for she knew how to handle it as few others did.

She always had.

”The shops,” she replied vaguely enough. She’d purchased what she needed for her next set of lessons as well as healing supplies to keep on hand. She tilted her head up, letting his lips brush her cheek, then her temple, then the top of her head, as her arms drew around him in a hug. One hand slid from the small of his back to the back of his neck.

Angeline hummed, pulling him down for another kiss — a real kiss this time, firm but languid, possessive but so much more. ”Do you stay away because you want me to miss you?” she mused. ”Or are you tired of this old woman?” she purred, baiting the trap. Not that there was anything old about her, and she damn well knew it.

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    159 Posts    969 marks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »
Over the top of her head Isidore’s smile was wide and sharp. Smug. Bending easily to her hand as she pulled him into a hungry kiss. Lips parting around hers he skimmed the tips of her teeth before withdrawing. In too much of a mood to truly melt into desire. Even when presented with the first of a lifetime of lusts. ”Stop it.” He scolded gently, catching a wrist to squeeze between his thumb and forefinger.

”I have a position, a business and a reputation, that all require maintaining.” His hands cupped her throat without closing around the slender column. Thumbs tracing the skin down it’s center. Settling in the hollow of her collarbones as he rested his palms on her shoulders. ”It’s not a choice to cut our time short. It’s a necessity.”

Angeline would understand, he knew. Isidore was the tide she rode on. The higher he rose, the deeper her own ambitions could get. And short of Eulalie, there was no one more honored on Paon than he was. ”You didn’t say it.” He reminded with a twist of his eyebrow and one corner of his mouth. ”You have to say it.”

Had to miss him, or why else did he come back at all? Other than to satisfy her so that she would keep his secrets. ”What were you shopping for? Buy yourself anything nice?” He asked, voice hinting that he had done a bit of shopping himself. Isidore was a generous man. Giving gifts often, and lavishly. This time it was expensive Hayllian silks. They were… acquired, with Salome in mind. Only for Salome to have run off to live in a hut.

Rumors about her activities were filtering back to him, and his brother Tariq had said she was in a rather dreary state. Which only reminded him of why he had come here in the first place. ”Come and sit with me. I want your advice.” And her scheming mind to help him plot. Walking backwards to the chair he had abandoned Isidore held Angeline’s hand, pulling her along. And into his lap as he sat again.

Angeline Nazaire

• Inactive Character
  • Healer
  • Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    3 Posts    24 marks
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 08:32:56 PM »
Angeline arched a brow as he told her to stop it, not used to those words coming from Isidore. It was rare of him to deny her anything — especially when it came to physical pleasure. His mood still scraped at her senses, but she’d thought she could distract him from it. Apparently not, and the fact that it had been some time since she’d seen him…

”Mm,” she hummed as his hands drifted down along her neck. Isidore’s position, business, and reputation all led to her own opportunities, and being his mother let her take advantage of many of them. She’d rather him spend time tending to those things than to their time together — as much as she missed him — because it paid off better for both of them. ”A pity, but understandable, yes.”

She let her hands rest on the small of his back, relaxing against him even though she was aware of that tension all over again. Irritating, but not something she couldn’t deal with. ”Herbs,” she replied, considering his features as she responded, a bit distracted by the look and feel of him. ”Brews and poisons aren’t so very different from one another,” she mused, offering him a sweet smile.

When the true reason for his visit came out, Angeline fought a flash of annoyance. Of course he couldn’t be there just to visit. It didn’t last long, though. He always knew to come to her when he needed anything, and she’d always give it to him. Anything he wanted, anything he needed — it was his. ”Of course,” she agreed. ”Does this have something to do with your mood, love?” The words were gentle, and she was already prepared to do her best to soothe him if he got ruffled by the words.

She slid down into his lap, wrapping an arm around him and pressing in close. One hand rested, splayed, against his chest, and she murmured, ”Tell me what’s wrong so we can make it better.”

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    159 Posts    969 marks
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 07:19:08 PM »
Smoothing his thumbs over her cheeks Isidore held her face between his palms. Sighing down at the face she made. Judgmental brow curved up at him in question. He stroked a thumb over that too. ”You’re not old,” He hissed in the same corrective tone before framing his frequent absences in a better light. One she could bask in rather than squint at in suspicion. He didn’t want her upset, but more importantly he couldn’t afford for her to be upset. It would not bring Angeline down very far to speak of his slave birth and ruin him. Her rise would be impacted but who could say how much or for how long? After all, his father had been tolerated, not respected. People-Eulalie especially- would believe Angeline without blaming her involvement.

Anything to see him down. So he needed his mother’s love. Whatever forms it came in. She was the shield he had hidden behind as a boy, and now she had the same leverage. His most dangerous secret entrusted to her care.

Leaning into her leaning he gave a short, contented sigh as the way her hands sat on his spine. It dampened some of his irritation. For the moment at least. Let him make small talk instead of whine. ”Lessons going well then, I presume?” He flashed a return smile down on her upturned face. As lovely as always. Old woman. He could shake her silly. Even if he was technically plotting to make her a grandmother in a year or less.

”Good,” He crooned at her, guiding them both back to share his favorite of her sitting room chairs. ”What’s wrong with my mood?” He challenged with a sharp smile. Hands gliding down to her hips to pull her onto his thighs. Once she filled his lap he angled his body to recline them both. Tugging her knees open so she would sit with one on either side of his hips. Fingers roaming as he thought, and frowned, and sighed.

”Everyone’s talking about it, I’m sure you’ve already heard.” Pulse on the patterns of society so she could use them to her advantage. People often credited Gregoire for his son’s astute business skills and talent with people. They were wrong. All he’d taught his son was how to be a weapon. ”Salome left and I don’t know what to tell people. Or how to make her come home.” He fumed, holding her tight as a kite string. Tethering him to his control. Because this was the one place he had never had to pretend to be anything he was not. The violence. The sleepy boredom. The arrogant business. All tropes he fed to others out of necessity. Here he could scream his troubles without frightening the person that listened. Then bury those same problems in her bosom just as he had when he was a boy.

Angeline Nazaire

• Inactive Character
  • Healer
  • Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    3 Posts    24 marks
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 07:47:38 PM »
She already knew she wasn’t old, but she liked it when Isidore told her as much. She loved being told she was beautiful, that she was still young, that she was attractive — especially by Isidore. He’d drifted away from her some over the past few years, but that was to be expected when he had so many things to juggle. Still, that didn’t mean she was happy about it, and she’d play dirty if she had to to keep him close.

”Of course,” she said when he asked after her lessons. ”I feel a bit old,” she said dryly, offering him an arch look, ”being a student again, but then, we’re never too old to learn, hmm?” And maybe there was a bit more in her words than what she was actually saying. Another quickly stolen kiss made it clear she was teasing him.

As he settled them into the chair, she watched him, still feeling the edge of his temper against her own psychic senses. ”You tell me,” she replied, though she took the edge off of her words with a hand brushing gently through his hair.

Salome. Of course. The little whore had had the audacity to leave her son, which had apparently driven him to… this sort of mood. She supposed she hadn’t thought he’d care that much, but then, there was his pride on the line. He certainly wouldn’t be pleased about his reputation being challenged, and she’d more or less done just that.

”Well,” she said, her voice soothing as she drew her hand down his chest, ”tell me why she left, love. Then we can work on both of those things. You did well to come to me.” She arched a brow. ”You shouldn’t have waited this long.”

Isidore Nazaire

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Raider Captain
    Ile de Paon Kaeleer
    159 Posts    969 marks
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »
”Oh?” Isidore’s answer was cut off by a kiss. Nipping at her lip before it escaped he smiled at her teasing grin. Hands lingering on soft curves and tight planes as they roamed. ”If it’s school you want to I promise to be a quick study.” He teased half-heartedly.

Mood even more somber once they were piled into the chair. He liked the soothing weight of having her in his lap. Especially when she fit her fingers through his thick hair. Eyes drifting closed he sighed around the story building in his chest. Fingers dipping into her skin as he admitted his wife was not only making him look the fool- but feel it too. ”What sort of man would I be if I didn’t try to solve my problems on my own first?.” He asked, pulling her close to kiss her cheek.

You didn’t ask one lover for advice with another, anyway. But sometimes a boy had to ask his mother for her perspective as a woman. So far he and Angeline had managed to keep the various facets of their relationships from causing conflict between them. And he was out of ideas. She was sure to inspire a few. ”Honestly, I didn’t think it would get this far. I hoped she would come around when her funds got tight. Then is seemed like she was determined so I figured she needed time. Now… I’m not so sure. I don’t know what to do.”

Describing how the breach in his marriage had come to be was harder to do. Leaning on an elbow he looked his mother over, in a way no son should. Hand curling around her ribs so that he quite nearly touched her breast. ”She left for a lot of reasons, truthfully. She wanted to be my only wife- but I had already brought Tait home. What was I supposed to do? Break all my promises to one woman when I had made none to the other? Eulalie ordered me not to speak of it until after the wedding. Salome never asked if I had, or intended to take any war bride. It upset her when she found out.”

A sentiment he could understand. Jealousy was not ripe in his heart the way it was for many warlord princes. He knew the feeling, nonetheless, and wanted what was his to be only his. When it was not, he forgave, as long as it wasn’t thrown in his face. Ignoring the handful of lovers his wife, mother, and cousin took. ”Then she started to complain that I couldn’t tell her the things I do for Eulie. They had some sort of spat that neither would discuss with me.” slumping he came to the end, ”I came home from a raid and she had gone to have her Offering. It hurt my feelings! I didn't lose my temper, I tried to stay polite… She was angry that I was hurt. It was ridiculous. Next day she left the house and just never came back.”

They had not spoken in months. Only a brief moment together when he had left Jin-ae at the beach house to make sure the money never got too tight for Salome to feed herself. ”It’s infuriating and frustrating. Why do women have to be so difficult? Hm?” He asked, stealing in for another kiss.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SPRING - AW103

The seasons will change on 12/19.

Recent Topics

Transactions by The Darkness
[November 11, 2019, 05:17:41 PM]

Prisoners & Poisoners by Harrow
[November 02, 2019, 08:02:06 AM]

The restless wife by Emile Dupuis
[October 22, 2019, 12:24:44 AM]

Event: Rivers of Ruin by Irisviel Crag
[October 20, 2019, 10:54:56 AM]

Bedtime Accusations by Kirsi
[October 18, 2019, 04:30:12 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Hand to the Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner