Rose to Purple Dusk
  • witch
  • Played By: dergon

Secret Bear Sister
    Glacia Kaeleer
    3 Posts    97 marks
Big head
« on: June 01, 2019, 08:54:42 PM »

Sometimes she let the pin slip. Just for a bit of fun. An apologetic pat and giggle the only answer his flinching and snarling ever got. Idony never bothered with lying and telling him she was sorry. It was just a little prick to keep him on his toes. Or to distract him from a tangent. Her brother’s head had grown fat with his rise to Chief.

Well. Fatter.

”I’m going to have to let this seam out.” She told him, stepping back to judge it at a distance. Hands dusting each other off, Idony measured him with her eyes. ”You’ve put on weight since I fit it the first time.” She waved at him to take the water skin off. ”Easy living.” She teased, water skin folded over her arm, Idony twirled away to put it up, laughter floating behind her as she went.

She dressed her manakin with her brother’s water skin. It was an ugly thing. Many times broken and mended. But it worked, and it was light. Easy to pack away and move when the tribe did. Smoothing the arms out, she gave the fake shoulders a pat. ”I was thinking, I would most of the shield work in the arms and legs. Those seem the most likely places to get bit by hungry whales.”

Or seals. There were a lot more in the waters than there used to be. Her bear liked it, head wedged in air holes to surprise them when they surfaced. Turning, she gave her brother a look, fingers curling around her lower back to rub the knobs crouching put there. ”Or is your fat head the go for?”

Syral Moon-son

Green to Gray
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Moon King
    Glacia Kaeleer
    6 Posts    98 marks
Re: Big head
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 12:00:24 AM »
”That was on purpose.” Syral gripped. Nose wrinkled in indignation as he rubbed the patch of skin her pin had pricked. All the evidence he needed found in the tune of her laughter. Little sisters were wicked things. His the most wicked among them surely. This one always looking for trouble. In retaliation he mused her hair with a swat of his fingertips as she breezed around him in a circle. Pointing at a spot where the treated fabric was hemmed together she made blasphemous lies.

Eyes following the line of neat stitches she indicated he scowled. ”Nonsense. You just don’t mind your measurements, too busy wandering off and daydreaming.” Neither things he minded, personally, but they made good fodder for scolding. The wilds around their village were safe at this curve in the peninsula. Cliffs to their back, sea a rich hunting ground spread out before them. The Seal-bastards lurked further out, where it was harder to eek a living in the frigid winter season. ”Hunting has been good, though. Unless seal is your favorite.” Abundant as they were, the tribe hunted them far less these days. 

You never knew whose cousin you might be gnawing the flipper of. And while Syral was of the mind that what you didn’t know couldn’t hurt you, his stomach disagreed. He was already a Moon Warrior and Chief. He didn’t need to be a maneater too. There were bears for that. ”If it were so easy you’d be fat and married by now.” He was no rush to see her off. Meat for her table provided by his hands. No hunt of sufficient worth to try wooing the Chieftan’s sister had been made, and the men that would consider Idony for a bride knew the offerings would have to be to her brother’s ideals of worthy before daring to ask.

He stripped shamelessly at her bidding. Peeling off the water skin in exchange for sturdy leathers and holding out his sister’s handiwork with a hand cupping his sleeping spear. Once had dressed again he followed her to the manakin’s side. Giving it a frown for it’s oddness.  A frown that turned into pursed lips as his sucked on his cheeks. ”I ought to put you over my knee.” Eyebrows sweeping low he smirked, ”but your probably too heavy. Easy living and all.”

Sobering almost as quickly as he had played Syral sighed at the wet skin. Thumb rolling over the material. ”It’s good work. Thank you. I think arms and legs would be perfect. Something for my chest maybe too. In case we get in arrows’ range of the shore.” There were more than just hungry whales to be wary of these days.

Idony Moon-sister

Rose to Purple Dusk
  • witch

Secret Bear Sister
    Glacia Kaeleer
    3 Posts    97 marks
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 08:25:12 AM »

Idony scoffed, lips still curved in a smile. She left the frowning to other people. ”Do you think I would imagine up my ideas making your bread, great chief?” Her hair shook wildly with her head. Ends jagged where she had cut the length of it away again. ”Indeed not. I find them out there, where your big head is not. Room for the spirits that way.” Teasing him was a joy. Grinning at him, Idony wrinkled her nose.

”I just don’t ask and cook everything extra well.” If she worried about such things she would be sick always. Her bear hunted seals with gusto. And on occasion they dragged up the small white whales as well. Those were always too much eating for just themselves, and so some of the carcass went to feeding the wildlife. ”Don’t even think it!” The back of her hand swatting his arm. Fat and married!

”All the men are too in love with you to remember their are women in village.” And Idony was not sure there was one she fancied enough to marry. Certainly she loved none of them with great passion. Uninspired by her brother’s nudity as well, Idony collected the water skin and smirked at his spear cupping. Such modesty! Her laughter trilled as he dressed himself and she dressed her manakin, elbowing him when he came over to frown at it. ”Still not as ugly as you, but its getting there.”

His threat made her smile gleefully. ”You were just complaining I wasn’t fat enough to marry off!” Amused greatly by the fat her brother did not know just how fat Idony could grow. She didn’t need the meat he brought to her table. Her bear was worth ten moon warriors. Arms wrapping around on of his, Idony rested her head on his shoulder, eyes following his fingers along the skin. ”Is it that bad? Can we not share without molesting each other? We were here first. They should be thankful.”

Hugging his arm tight, Idony spun away again, this time to crouch at the fire and make him a plate of food. She was no grandmother with secret recipes, or wife with mouth watering seasonings, but her cooking was edible. ”Here.” She thrust the plate at him, and touched the center of the skin’s chest. ”I was going to try something to help you hold your breath. I will save that for another time and shield your heart as well. Cold as it is.”

Laughing, Idony took a piece of the bubbly bread from his fingers and stuffed it in her mouth.

Syral Moon-son

Green to Gray
  • Warlord Prince

Moon King
    Glacia Kaeleer
    6 Posts    98 marks
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »
Lips dipping in at the corners Syral gave a dismissive grunt. ”Should eat the lot of them. Thieving bastards. As if we haven’t given up enough, now they want the little land left to us.” His opinions on the dealings of Nukti and non-Nukti were extensive. Brutal, hard edged, and filled with all the passion of his caste behind them. Idony was not the sort to be fussed at about other people’s shortcomings and bad decisions, however. So he let the course of talking flow on to better suited topics.

Pinching her back for the slap he grunted at that sentiment too. ”I will if I choose. You could use a good husband to give you brats to keep you busy.” Nieces and nephews he could watch raised up to warriors and leaders of their people. Spread the tribe, revive those that had fallen to memory or been abandoned by the weak. ”Jealous? If they love me so much they’ll be good to my sister, surely.” He teased back. His smirk was nothing more than a short twitch of his lips. There then gone. They did love him, not quite enough to forget there were women, but they would die for him if he required such sacrifice.

Head shaking he dressed quickly to follow her to the side of her wooden people-frame. Ribs catching her elbow with a flinch he have her a short shove in the shoulder. ”Then you can dress it up and pretend it’s your husband.” Every word he said went like a dart through her mind. Analyzed for error and reasons to taunt nearly faster than he could speak them. He spent two thirds of his time with Idony scowling at her silliness, and the rest defending his every choice of word. ”I was not complaining. And you are a chubby little shit. Or saying you needed to be fatter, how will we fit you a wedding dress that way?” His lips curled up and he patted her head roughly. ”What I was saying is that if hunting were easier then you would have more suitors!”

Their playspat fell away quickly, as usual. Idony’s charm more potent than his annoyance could ever hope to be. Looking down at her batting lashes he sighed. Cheek tipped down to brush the crown of her head. ”They’re greedy. If they were interested in peace or sharing they would have asked before moving onto lands not their own. I made offers, to bring them into the tribe if they needed a home. They’ve refused.” And Syral would not quietly give over an inch of Nukti land to invaders. He could not. ”I worry it will come down to slaughtering the grown ones and absorbing the children.” At least the shifting seemed similar enough that they could teach the young. Then have powerful sea hunters so that they could all grow fat and happy.

Idony danced off to more distractions. Pulling him from the dark plots that manifested in his mind. Tricks and lures to pick their numbers off little by little until a full strike would be easy. Spinning back she put a hot plate of food in his hands. Syral wasted no time in starting to eat. There was work to be done yet, and if he were lucky a few hours before nightfall and the Moon-son had a pack to lead. ”Hmm, clever.” He said around a bite of seared fish, bones spat out onto the plate as he sucked the meat from them. ”My cold, cold heart, happened to remember there was a rude girl in the village looking for good caribou hide. Maybe I’ll give it to the tanner instead since I’m so mean.” He taunted, giving over the bread with only an ounce of fight.

”You laugh about husbands. Do you think of them, though? I think I might get a wife. Perhaps when we gather with the southern tribes in the spring.” None of the women of the tribe heated his pulse. At least none he would not fall in love with then lose in a few decades. That was a blunt sort of hurt he had already experienced. Not one he wanted to feel again either. It was strange to see the eyes of old men and know that he was the grandfather.

Idony Moon-sister

Rose to Purple Dusk
  • witch

Secret Bear Sister
    Glacia Kaeleer
    3 Posts    97 marks
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 05:10:46 AM »

Idony pulled her arm from his pinching fingers and stuck her tongue out at him. Chin to shoulder and eyebrows puckered. ”I am busy now!” She reasoned, eyes rolling. ”It is not every woman’s dream to birth and suckle children until they are old and dried up.” It certainly wasn’t Idony’s. Let her brother repopulate the world, she had other work to do. Her own life that she would not let him dictate, or ruin with a husband more in love with Syral and the moon than Idony herself. A husband who might curb her wandering and try to sever her from her bear.

”No. You can keep them, brother. I know you get lonely with that big head of yours.” The sound of his dressing counter part to her adorning of the mannequin. He was not impressed by it when he joined her. And still attached to the topic of husbands. She would have rather continued discussing their neighbors. ”Maybe I will. It would make for the perfect husband. And probably out hunt your warriors too.” Idony smirked, hands pushing his from her head. Her hair stuck up at angles, making loops where his fingers had caught. Smoothing it down, Idony let him rest his cheek there. Sometimes even big headed brothers needed a little comfort.

Frowning, she turned her face away so he would not see her blanche. Arm patted before she left him to make a plate. Idony was used to bloodshed, even a little war. But Syral’s idea made her uneasy. Maybe because she was not a warrior when she was not her bear. ”I hope it does not come to that.” It would, she knew, if the newcomers did not see sense and bow to her brother. Tousling her own hair, Idony changed the subject to lighter things. Like the ice-rock of her brother’s heart and the craft she had planned for his water skin.

”That is fine. A girl knows many ways around the tanner.” She teased with a wink. Syral turned the conversation right back into husbands. Idony was tempted to spit the half chewed bread at him, but swallowed instead, expression flat. And wives too! That was marginally better. They would be Syral’s problem. So far none of his women had bothered Idony. ”Only to laugh at them. I have too much work for husbands. You’re lazy, however, so I think a wife is a great idea.”

Snickering, Idony adjusted a pin on the water skin, making the seam straight where it had begun to bunch. ”Spring.” She mumbled, nodding. Idony enjoyed the tribal mingling, and the flirting, even if hers was never in earnest. She liked her life as it was. Her heart was not lonely, and if her body was, it could usually be sated by her own hand. ”We just have to make it through winter first. And I hear the hunting is bad.” Her laughter filled the air as she jostled him with her elbow.

Syral Moon-son

Green to Gray
  • Warlord Prince

Moon King
    Glacia Kaeleer
    6 Posts    98 marks
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »
Always laughing, his Idony, she never took anything seriously. Least of all the things he took the most seriously. Like strong husbands to protect her when he could not. So they teased and tousled one another. ”I catch that thing so much as flinching, let along out hunting, and it’s going straight into the trash fire.” He teased with lifted eyebrows. It was a good mask to help keep his opinion on how lonely being Chief actually was to himself. His warriors didn’t need defending either. They had to prove themselves a hundred times over before they could walk the moonlight with Syral. And no one in the tribe went to bed hungry for lack of food.

His talk of war was  met with much less enthusiasm. Women were often not for such things. Nature made them keener to nurture than to strike down. Which suited Syral fine. He didn’t want his sisters out on the frontline of battles. ”I pray each night that it does not.” Meddling through prayer was not work of Mother Night. She left such things to the ancestors, and Syral was not sure these people had any. Not in the way the Nukti did. Idony slide easier subjects forward, and he was glad for the change. Doubly glad when it gave him an excuse to touch on their previous subject once more.

”You would have less work if there was a man to share it with. Or a woman. I don’t care which way your heart lies.” He admitted thoughtfully after swallowing down an oversized bite of the bread. Hand moving the plate around as he spoke he revisited her previous complaints too. ”We all get old and dry up eventually. Most people go faster than we do too. So find someone to love that loves you back before you miss the chance. Raise children, even if they’re not of your womb. The village has orphans. I want you to know what love truly is. I don't believe anyone can until they see it reflected back at them through the eyes of a child. It may dry you out, but it fills your heart.” He braced for her scoffing.

Fingers sucked free of greasy broth so they could fret at the necklace holding his Jewels. Chain laid straight so it flowed down his neck and into the front of his tunic without bunching. Hidden beneath the dense fabric were his Green and Gray both. In simple settings of silver that matched the dainty ring that hung on the line between them. A sliver of his Green was set inside, a link to keep the woman who had worn it safe. You could not save people from time, however. Ahnah had grown old while he had stayed young. Now the ring was a reminder of how much happiness could fit into a few fleeting years. He had watched her turn gray, then white, frail as fresh powdered snow before her soul blew off into the wind atop a mighty pyre. Then he watched their sons and daughter go through the same process. For all it had brought him sorrow it had filled him with twice the joy.

”Spring,” He agreed absently as he pulled free of his reverie. With a sigh to shake them loose he pinched the elbow she tried to poke him in the ribs with. Eyes rolling he finished his plate with a few steady bites. ”Stop twisting my words or I’ll sell you to the highest bidder you wretched creature.”

What that girl needed was put over a knee until the silly was spanked out. Syral had never had the heart for it, though, even when he had the temper. ”We’ll make it through winter fine. Especially once I have a good wet skin to keep my dry while on hunts.” So that he didn’t have to deal with Yuka’s verbal lashings when he caught a cough. The wet skin would be paired with a new kayak he was in the process of building. Soon they’d hunt down two or three walrus, maybe a beluga from the pod in the bay. That would see the tribe through the toughest parts of winter. When polar storms forced everyone indoors and fishing was impossible for days on end. ”I do have a good bundle of clean caribou hide for you. It’s time to replace that old coat you run around in. The boots too. I saw the otter numbers have come back again this year. You can come with me, if you want. Set up some traps for them. They’ll keep your feet warm and dry.” They so rarely hunted together he did not expect her to agree. Finger wagging at her hair he sniffed, ”And get those tangles out by Spring or you’ll never get laid.”

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

WINTER - AW102

The seasons will change on 08/19.

Recent Topics

crossing boundaries by Finnian Tavish
[Today at 06:00:05 PM]

buttons up by Tobias Marasfield
[Today at 05:53:15 PM]

Earn Your Stripes by Paros
[Today at 04:09:38 PM]

First Exposure by Valeska Spearfang
[Today at 03:54:26 PM]

Protectors by Bryson Elm
[Today at 10:57:58 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Second Hand to Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner