Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
Re: buttons up
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 05:05:59 PM »
”Ladies don’t have to be subtle around me,” Tobias said, flashing another wide grin. ”I’d rather see who you really are than some shadow of it.” And that was true enough. He liked women in general, and that meant seeing the different types and appreciating them for who and what they were. He understood not everyone liked it, but… Well, he wasn’t everyone.

His cousin Marissa was a talented healer, but even she couldn’t be everywhere at once — and she couldn’t offer the brews and drugs Charis supposedly could. If the rumors were true, she could get her hands on things that would be beyond them… and that were sometimes needed.

”I hear you have a few specialties that might be welcome,” he said, his eyes quickly darting to her chest then back up at her eyes. ”I mean, maybe it’s just rumor, but…” He shrugged, leaning in a little more as he smiled at her. ”I never say no to more gorgeous, capable women helping my family out.”

Charis

Summer-sky to Opal
  • Healer
  • Played By: dergon

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    24 Posts    215 marks
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 07:39:42 PM »

”You’re one of a kind, honey.” Charis never would have suspected such softness under his big gruff exterior. Unless it was just a line. Sometimes it was and the man might not even realize. Turned off once the truth really came out. Girl not charming enough when she wasn’t playing at it. Life was complicated like that.

Tobias seemed quite pleased with himself. And with her. Eyes traveling down and up again. Business talk only taking the keen edge off rather than destroying his appreciate completely. Charis thought it was cute. So was his hinting. As she’d suspected, it was more than just her skills as a healer that had caught this family’s attention.

Probably not a good thing.

”You’re very naughty.” Charis purred at him, hand crossing the counter to touch his arm. ”And a flirt.” But he was sweet. Smiling, Charis folded her arms beneath her breasts and shrugged. ”I’m happy to help. Any way I can.” Business was always good for business. If it got messy, she’d beg Isidore or Runner to set her up somewhere else.

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 05:53:15 PM »
”So I’ve been told,” Tobias said, smirking. Oh, he’d been told he was one of a kind before — though usually not in a positive way. He wasn’t sure if she was saying it positively or not, but he didn’t much care. ”You’re not so bad yourself.” He flashed a boyish grin at her. She was better than not so bad, but he had to tease.

He chuckled at her words. ”Are you complaining?” he asked, tilting his head. He shifted closer to her when she touched his arm, taking it as an invitation.

”Yeah?” His smile grew brighter. ”Well, we’d be happy to have you with us. Is there anything you think you can offer that no one else can?” he asked innocently, already knowing the answer to the question. He wasn’t sure she’d admit it, especially to someone she didn’t know, but he had to try. He put a finger to his lips. ”I won’t tell.”

Charis

Summer-sky to Opal
  • Healer

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    24 Posts    215 marks
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »

Charis laughed. Not the affected giggle she often used on men, but an actual laugh. "Why thank you." She managed to say, breathless from mirth. He really was something else. One of a kind for certain. He came a little closer, leaning into her touch. And her teasing.

"I'm not." Lips still twitching in amusement, she gave his arm a squeeze and a pat. Then withdrew back into herself. It wasn't right to go tumbling into bed with new business partners. Especially before they'd proven the good sort. At least that's what she told herself.

Tobias was interested in pushing his luck, however. Just not up Charis' skirts. He wanted what so many did. The sort of thing you had to ask carefully about. Even more carefully than sex. Charis tapped her chin. "Why don't we see where things take us. No need to give away all our secrets at first meeting." She winked.

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 07:56:33 PM »
”You have such a beautiful laugh,” Tobias told Charis. ”But that isn’t surprising.” There was no shortage of things to compliment the Healer on, which made this even more fun. He wasn’t having to scramble for words like he sometimes did. Maybe he was laying it on a little thick, but it amused him.

”I should hope not,” he said, though he frowned when she pulled away. ”I’m sorry. Did I say something wrong?” Had he been too forward? Had he offended her somehow? He mentally retraced his steps, but he couldn’t figure out where he’d gone wrong. A pity. He’d been enjoying where this might end up.

He chuckled though, even though he wasn’t exactly pleased with her answer. He didn’t blame her for not wanting to give away her secrets, but what was he going to have to do to earn that trust? If he really wanted her to be useful sooner rather than later, he had to hurry this along just a bit. ”Are you sure? I can keep a secret.”

Charis

Summer-sky to Opal
  • Healer

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    24 Posts    215 marks
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2019, 09:43:54 PM »

Charis smiled at his compliment. Chin tucked and lashes lowered. ”Thank you.” She told him primly, cheeks pink, as if they had not shared more lewd banter than a simple compliment. The simplicity of it was the reason it was so nice.

”No, honey, you say everything right.” Charis told him, tapping the tip of his nose. That was the kicker, wasn’t it? It made him dangerous in a way that had nothing to do with violence or Jewels. Just with good old charm. And charm had always been her weakness. Along with money.

”Can you?” She came around the counter, gesturing to the door. ”You seem the sort who is good at it. Or at keeping your own, anyhow.” Hand on the knob, Charis twisted to face him. Shoulders holding the door shut behind her. Between them she offered her hand, palm up to be filled with a small vial full of opalescent liquid.

”Just a drop, mkay?” Winking again, Charis stretched up to slip a kiss to his cheek before opening the door. ”Don’t be a stranger, honey.”

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SPRING - AW103

The seasons will change on 12/19.

Recent Topics

Transactions by The Darkness
[November 11, 2019, 05:17:41 PM]

Prisoners & Poisoners by Harrow
[November 02, 2019, 08:02:06 AM]

The restless wife by Emile Dupuis
[October 22, 2019, 12:24:44 AM]

Event: Rivers of Ruin by Irisviel Crag
[October 20, 2019, 10:54:56 AM]

Bedtime Accusations by Kirsi
[October 18, 2019, 04:30:12 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner