Summer-sky to Green
  • Queen
  • Played By: dergon

District Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    33 Posts    216 marks
Breakfast with friends
« on: June 09, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »

Fast as she'd left and arrived, Lillian was still too late. Deep Opal shields warning her away. Lorivar's scent thick in the air, the taste of musk and fear gagging her. Ilithian's court hurried her away, back down the stairs, closer to the kitchens where they could feed her. And drink in her calming craft. Males riled by Lorivar's temper, but unable to act without permission, which did not come.

So Lillian bathed them in craft and ate whatever was put in front of her. They arranged themselves around her, but not too close. Lounging against walls, or in windows. Doing their best not to look since it made her nervous, and they were nervous enough already. All of them waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Long enough for them all to finally circle the table she'd been sat at to join her in eating.

They arranged a room for her. Witches shuffling her off, freeing her from the oppressive weight of male expectation and need. Lillian was glad to relax, curling into a small ball in the middle of her bed and hoping her friend was safe and well. And hopefully having a very good time. Lillian had been begging her to give in and enjoy the carnal side of life for ages. She missed it herself, but there were no males in Peitar's district she felt safe enough with. Or attracted enough to.

Mostly she just didn't feel safe enough. There were plenty of good looking men to choose from.

Somewhere between one thought and the next, worrying about Ilithian's virgin night and Peitar's yelling, she fell asleep.

Breakfast brought her friend. Heaping bowls of fruit and a warm pan of porridge set out. Eggs too, boiled almost yard, their yolks soft, and almost jelly like. Lillian was licking the center of one clean when Ilithian joined her. "Good morning!" She chirped around egg, licking her lips clean and trying to see a difference in her friend. And spot any hurts. "How are you?" She asked in a soft whisper, eyebrows bobbing.

Ilithian

Blood Opal to Sapphire
  • Queen
  • Played By: Jones

Territory Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    75 Posts    217 marks
Re: Breakfast with friends
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »
Blinking in the soft filter of sunshine Ilithian slide towards the end of the mattress quietly. A heavy arm rolling off her shoulder as she went. Lorivar mumbled as it fell to the bed. Making her turn as she sat up to see if it woke him. Whatever his lips were smirking at was in his dreams, though. Freeing her to wrap tight in an oversized sweater and pad down the long corridor to the dining room. Relief flowed at her from various faces as she passed them. Calming craft staining the walls in her wake.

At the tale she was surprised to find Lillian. ”When did you get in?” She asked, finding a return question aimed at her just as quickly. How was she? Stealing Lillian’s coffee cup for a long draught Ilithian turned the question around mentally. A shoulder rolling while she thought and swallowed down the warmth. Bare feet happy to lift up off the cold stone tiles as she sat down. ”I’m alright.” She answered finally, lips smacking around the bitterness of the drink. Not nearly enough sugar. ”Ugh, how are you drinking that! What are they doing to you out there? Mother Night. I’m sending a barrel of sugar back with you.”

A hearth witch came scurrying over with a fresh carafe almost before she could finish the thought. Toast powdered in cinnamon and a ceramic mug set at the table for her. The coffee poured while she sifted sugar and cream to the mix. With a test sip she sighed again. Fingers lacing around the heat the mug provided. Question still echoing in her chest despite having answered.

She didn’t know how she was. Didn’t know how she felt. Good- physically. Not any different really aside from some pleasantly sore spots that made her draw her knees together. Something had changed, though, in a less good way. A something she couldn’t put her finger on, or just didn’t want to name. Mostly she was just tired. When the exciting bits were over she had laid in bed beside Lorivar. Body finally sated. And very exhausted. But her eyes stayed open for a very long time. Trying to find sleep, and finding all the parts of herself that had been forced to compromise over the years instead.

Finding questions she couldn’t answer. They called her queen. They bowed nicely. Took what they needed of her Craft and presence. Just for those closest to her to decide what was in her best interest. Pushing back the lines she had fought so hard to give other women. It made her… ashamed? Maybe that was it. Was she changing anything at all, or just pretending to be a trailblazer? Toying with the bottom lip she stared at her toast for too long before she realized she had. Sweeping a curl behind her ear she shoved the worries deep. Covering her own feelings with a playful smirk as she slapped Lillian’s hand.

”Peitar? Of all the awful shits Askavi has to offer? How could you even think such a wild thing you goose.” Her laughter was pure, and it eased the way for her personal thoughts to fall quietly into the background.

Lillian

Summer-sky to Green
  • Queen

District Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    33 Posts    216 marks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 06:50:50 PM »

”Yesterday.” Lillian drawled, wishing she was a healer so she could test Ilithian for injuries. All she could do was stare, eyes hidden beneath her lashes as she swept her gaze down the other queen’s body. She seemed to be walking fine. Fit enough to steal Lillian’s coffee cup from her hands.

Ilithian took long enough to answer to make Lillian worry. Shoulder rolling and face thoughtful before she hid it behind the cup. ”Is that all?” She lifted and eyebrow in question and smirked as her friend grimaced over the coffee and launched into a complaint. Probably meant to distract Lillian from prying. ”I’ve never liked my coffee as sweet as you, Ili and you know it. I’m sure they’d love the sugar though.” She was less sure she’d be there to enjoy it with them.

Conversation interrupted while a hearth witch rearranged the table to Ilithian’s preference. Lillian stole back her coffee in the confusion, freshening it from the carafe when it was set aside. Noticed there was no sweetened toast for her with a smile. They were well trained. And attentive. Suppressing a moments envy, Lillian picked at her breakfast and cast furtive glances at her friend while things settled.

Ilithian was quiet. An unusual state for the woman Lillian had known for half a lifetime. Frowning, she tipped her coffee cup back and forth and waited for the words to sort themselves in her head. Ili beating her to it with a slap. ”Why not Peitar? You said he wasn’t always ugly, and his backside is nice enough to make up for it anyway.” Lillian laughed too, shrugging away the stupidity of her assumptions.

”I’m sorry I caused trouble.” Flattening an egg with her fork, Lillian tipped her head to the side and worked the question out, eyes averted but still looking. ”Was Lorivar that bad then?” Her nose wrinkled. ”I always assumed he was decent in bed, at the least.” Handsome and popular with the women. There had to he something that lead them to bed him more than once. Unless it was luck that had gotten him half a dozen brats on as many women.

Ilithian

Blood Opal to Sapphire
  • Queen

Territory Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    75 Posts    217 marks
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:14:27 PM »
Oh. Ilithian’s eyed went a smidgen wider. She had been there all night. Waiting. Knowing exactly what she was waiting on. The very tips of Ilithian’s ears turned pink but they were blissfully hidden under her curls. Which were a tangled halo around her head. Sticking out in every direction from rumpled sleep… and other things.

She had sex with Lorivar. Loud, sticky, knee trembling sex. Did everyone know?

Color seeping from her ears to the outsides of her cheek bones she hid behind Lillian’s cup. Or tried to. The awful stuff an even better distraction than the act of drinking proved to be. Licking the last of the bitterness from her lips she gave an exaggerated shiver, wings flailing so that a warlord passing behind her had to duck out of the way.

Tablecloth smoothed. Plate rotated until the toast faced her just right. Fork laid straight. Ilithian was not very good at being reflective. Or buying time to think. And she very much needed time to think before the meat of the conversation got to flowing. So she tried to aim it in a more comfortable direction. ”Because Peitar is half crazy and entirely feral! I don’t have time to keep leashes on a man like that. Besides the optics are terrible, people would think he’s running everything behind the scenes.” They would think that no matter who she showed a glimmer of affection for. At least Lorivar could be counted on not to take undue credit. Petey would bask in the glory then cut you down for proving the lie. But her friend had let a much more interesting tidbit slip.

Eyebrows dancing high she leaned in over her untouched toast, ”Very rude of my potential lover to go showing my best friend his backside, though. How nice are we talking?” Lillian had much more time, and proximity, to try connecting to the old raider. And they would be a much cuter couple in Ilithian’s opinion. ”I still don’t think he’s ugly, either. The scars take some time to get used to but I mean… the story is enough to balance it out I think.” He was something else. Something that made Askavi and Eyriens strong enough to withstand ages under Witch without losing themselves.

”Stop it. You didn’t cause any trouble. Lorivar doesn’t practice enough sense or self restraint.” She said, rolling her eyes. Toast still untouched. Until Lillian brought the conversation full circle again. At which point she stuffed half a slice into her mouth. Taking her time to chew. Hoping that the dismissive shrug of her shoulders and shake of her head would be answer enough. When it was clearly not, she swallowed hard. Washing it down with hot coffee more to her taste. ”The sex wasn’t bad. I- well. It’s nothing.” She said, the back of her neck tingling as half a dozen ears strained to catch the conversation. Smacking the table she laughed instead, “I think you’re officially the only woman left in Askavi that hasn’t had his spear. He’s still in my room if you want to find out for yourself.” She teased with a sharp smile.

Suddenly her empty stomach felt too tight for fitting more food. The same as her body had felt too tight for fitting more Lorivar. Before it had. Blushing she picked the crust from her toast without putting more in her mouth. Plucking up pieces that touched her lips where it was vanished into her cabinet. So that the men wouldn’t worry, and the witches wouldn't be disappointed she had not enjoyed the meal. ”You didn’t really come all this way to apologize? You know I wouldn’t be upset with you for any of this.”

Lillian

Summer-sky to Green
  • Queen

District Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    33 Posts    216 marks
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 04:24:40 AM »

Lillian watched her friend patiently. Even just awake and attempting to hide, Ilithian was full of energy and life. Her whole body communicating her emotions in way both subtle, and not. Lillian enjoyed it, though she felt a pang of sympathy for her friend’s discomfort. A smile hidden behind her napkin as the queen’s affront wing nearly took out a passing warlord.

”Only because he’d encourage such thinking.” Ilithian wasn’t wrong. Lillian doubted Peitar had any more respect for their caste than many men in Askavi. And possibly less than most. Probably a lot less than most not. Leaning away from her overeager friend, Lillian tucked her smile away and shook her head. ”Nice enough! You’re a wicked thing, Ili. I think he forgets not everyone else went blind with him. He’s always naked!” Or he just didn’t care. Like he didn’t care about a lot of things. Protocol. Propriety. Things.

”I hear he’s available, if you don’t mind sharing with every old widow in the camp.” Lillian teased back, shaking her head. He was far too fearsome. And his scars made her worry, even when she could see past them to what was beneath.  Hell, all of him made her worry. But she liked this dog, and thought Ilithian handled him just fine. She handled everyone. Soothing prickly males just by existing, Lillian was sure.

”I don’t know, Ili. He’s usually well behaved.” When he wasn’t planning on chopping a girl’s head off. But that head has never been Ilithian’s. Ilithian who was stuffing her face full of toast to avoid answering Lilli’s question. Picking at her own food, she tried to reassure herself it was just embarrassment and nothing more sinister. Ilithian had been fighting her virgin night for some time now. It was probably hard to talk about.

”Nothing at all?” Lillian blinked innocently. Something, certainly. Perhaps it was best if she didn’t pry. She had forced this unwanted situation on her friend, after all. Burying her fork, Lillian wiped her lips and shook her head, cheeks darkening at the thought. ”No thank you.” The teasing invitation felt more like a challenge than anything else. Ilithian’s smile too sharp to be friendly. Groping for a way to change the suddenly static air into something more comfortable, she tried for a joke. ”I prefer my men a little more than nothing.”

It came out much flatter than it had sounded rushing through her mind. Sighing, Lillian finished her cup of coffee, pushing it and her half full plate away. Ilithian wasn’t eating either. Though she pretended enviably. ”I did. And with half a thought to saving you if needed.” Little at all she could have done against Lorivar, but Lillian would have tried if it had been necessary. Plus the Eyrie was a good place to hide from Peitar. ”He and Peitar got into an ugly fight back at the camp. You don’t think it’ll cause resentment between them, do you?”

It had already made Peitar shouting mad at Lillian. He assumed she’d set Lorivar on him. That she was a gossip who had accused him of acts - or lack of action - before ever asking him directly. Fingers massaging her cheekbones, Lillian worried he was right. What the hell else had she thought would happen but this mess? Someone came to take Lillian’s plate away, a look cast between her and its leftovers that made her look away and pretend she didn’t notice. It made something hot and uncomfortable rise up in her.

”I might stay a couple days, if you don’t mind?” Maybe put her brews off long enough to suffer through a moontime. Ilithian would make sure she was safe, and it was bound to be hellish for how long she’d been putting it off. And maybe after it was done she could convince Ilithian that forever was much better than just a few days.

Ilithian

Blood Opal to Sapphire
  • Queen

Territory Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    75 Posts    217 marks
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 06:44:23 PM »
”Yes,” She chuckled around the rim of her coffee mug. Letting the sweet brew do its job. Shaking all her drowsy bits back to wakefulness. ”he absolutely would. Then he’d smirk in that shameless, infuriating way when if anyone shrieked at him about it.” Blinking slowly over her rolling eyes she sighed. Cup put down on the table and an edge of toast dipped into it for extra flavor. ”I think he’s hilarious, and he’s going to be important. Men like Peitar are that missing link between what Eyrien’s where and what I want them to become. In terms of how they view women- anyway. We need the link if we want to win over the old hard asses.”

Political talk was old hat, though, relaxing as Ilithian found it to be. She much rather talk about younger, nicer asses. Since the opportunity presented itself and all. ”All the time?” There was a hint of disbelief in her tone. Ilithian couldn’t imagine the other raiders would let their leader run around with his spear dangling. ”Well if it’s not bad to look at, just let him freeze his nuts off I guess.” Smirking over her bobbing shoulder she pressed out a laugh. It was easy to imagine Peitar running around half dressed, but really? Always naked?

At least he seemed to keep his pants on at the eyrie. ”How many old widows?” She asked, lips curling up in one corner of her mouth as if she were really considering the thing. It was a very short lived joke, since Lillian seemed keen to pair them off in her mind. ”Much as half broken and wholly untameable is my type, Peitar is not for me. Not as a man, or a male, or even a soldier. He answers because he’s got no one else to answer too.” Perhaps it was that they were so alike. Ilithian didn’t know. She just knew that nothing in Peitar quickened her pulse. Not even the idea of seeing his very nice backside.

”When it suits him, and only when it suits him.” She said pointedly. There were no men she trusted more than Lorivar. Which was now a frightening and unnerving fact. He had not hurt her, though, not on purpose. A broken shield was child’s play really. If the idea had been her own, she would have nothing to pout over at all. Yet still. She pouted. On the inside, where no one could see.

And flashed her teeth at her friend to defend him in the same breath. ”He’s several inches more than nothing. There wasn’t a ruler handy for me to say exactly how much. It... the sex… just wasn’t.” Mouth thining she filled it with coffee and pretended to fill it with toast. The words did not come easily. How could you describe emotions you couldn’t name or really feel? So muddled up together that it was impossible to say what was what or stemmed from where. She blurted instead, ”It was all very unexpected.” That would just have to suffice.

With a sigh she placed her empty but uneaten plate on top of Lillian’s eggy one. ”Only half a thought?” She squealed with laughter, curls bouncing as she shook her head. ”Such a good friend! I’m glad you didn’t. Lorivar wasn’t taking no for an answer and I’d have never been able to live with myself if you had been hurt.” Then Lorivar would never have forgiven her for wishing to be saved. It would have been a mess. Better to contain that to herself. Where it could be dealt with quietly. Picked at until her heart wasn’t sore anymore. ”It went fine. And then it went fine again. Then we slept. I’m sorry you worried.”

Leaning forward she rested her chin on the table. Face drooping in concern. ”I figured it must have been something like that, Lorivar stank like a Hell pit and looked like he had been rolling around in one.” She wanted to ask who had won. But she was so sure it was Lorivar, and not sure of how attached Lillian was to either of them that she didn’t ask. Instead she addressed Lillian’s concerns with a wave of her hand. ”Doubtful. Men like that prefer to work out their issues with their fists. If they had been really upset someone would have died.”

Her worry was mild but interested Ilithian all the same. Before she could press her instinctive suspicions were answered by her friend’s next question. ”You’re always welcome to stay as long as you like.” She assured her, reaching over to pat her hand. ”Is everything alright with you? I should have asked by now.” Probes flitted, greedy for information. Checking her friend for hurts and leaked emotion. ”Let’s go up to my garden, you can tell me how things have been going in the district.”

Lillian

Summer-sky to Green
  • Queen

District Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    33 Posts    216 marks
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 08:30:16 AM »

Ilithian’s words made Lillian feel better, and worse. There had been a faint hint of disappointment living in her at the thought of Ilithian and Peitar as a couple. She still believed they would make a good one, but she was biased in her love of her friend. it wasn’t that she wanted Peitar herself, just that she liked the idea of his being free. Available for her to try leashing, if she needed to.

They had to work together for the district after all. Which is what made her feel worse. Ilithian thought he was important. And Lillian worried she had thrown her friend’s plans awry. ”I’m not sure he views them with very much kindness.” Lillian hedged. She was very certain he respected her not at all. Half the time he didn’t seem to even listen when she talked, if he was near by to talk to at all. He was very busy doing things he never told her about.

”Okay. Maybe not all the time.” Lillian laughed, rubbing her face with her hands. She could still tell her friend what his spear looked like, mostly. And his ass, definitely. Snorting, she pushed her laughter back into her mouth and glowered weakly at Ilithian. ”You’re wicked.” She teased. Ilithian teased more, however, making Lillian slump. ”At least be half serious.” She chided, thinking Ilithian did Peitar a disservice.

”He serves you. If not to the heart then to the letter. I don’t know if you can hope for more with him. He’s stubborn and too used to running himself.” Living wild with all those men. It was a brutal life. Lillian wasn’t sure she would ever fully adjust, so she stayed away from the warriors when she could. Working hard to make a proper village of the district.

”Isn’t it that way with all of them?” Lillian was plenty used to being ignored. Orders. Suggestions. Taken and left at the whims of the men in her life. Oh her craft was always welcome, but her thoughts were another matter. Thankfully she had plenty of years to find a place, a person or two, who listened when she talked. Every time. Even when they didn’t want to or didn’t agree. They would disagree with her honestly and to her face. At least she hoped so.

Smiling gently, she pet Ilithian’s arm. Fighting a blush over things she did not want to know about Lorivar. ”I’m sorry.” And she was, especially since she was the reason the very unexpected sex had been inflicted on her friend. ”Maybe you can find a better suited lover, now that you’ve had the thing done. It is really fun with the right person.” She promised, not for the first time.

The queens gave up eating. Plates set aside. Ilithian’s politely empty and Lillian’s disappointingly not. She felt like a lead weight of guilt that was helped only marginally by Ilithian’s laughter. She was riled by her words however. ”Was he not? That ass!” Her wing spasmed, twitching at her shoulder. ”He didn’t, did he? Because I will kill him.” She didn’t think he would have. And Ilithian didn’t seem that upset about it. But still! Bullying a woman into sex. Lillian would speak to him anyway. Wishing Peitar was there to beat him again.

Ilithian soothed her. Promising the sex went well enough for there to be a repeat performance. Lillian nodded and relaxed. But she was still going to have words with Lorivar. With Ellessar with her. Just in case she needed his shields. ”If you’re sure then.” About all of it. The sex. The fight. The men would forgive each other, which was good. Lillian was less sure she’d be forgiven by anyone other than Ilithian. She was very grateful to have such a friend. And felt awful for always failing her.

It felt more and more often like Ilithian would have been in possession of Lillian’s years. She was wise and calm. A good leader and queen. Lillian was... herself. And she could love it or hate it. One would only lead to more misery. ”Thank you. I’m alright aside from worrying over you.” She rose when Ilithian did. For once she dreaded sitting down with her friend. Halls making her anxious until they were in the garden. Fresh air and sunlight to greet them. They sprawled together on a bench, much as they had been doing for years.

”Things are going well.” She lied with confidence. They were much the same as they had been when she arrived. At least with the people. They belonged wholly to Peitar. ”The land will be ready for planting in the spring. Not all of it, but at least two fields, a couple acres for each.” That part no one could hinder unless they started salting it again. She didn’t think they were that desperate to be rid of her.

”Living in a tent has been an experience. I keep hearing our old tutors droning about decorum while I roll into my dresses.” Lillian laughed.

Ilithian

Blood Opal to Sapphire
  • Queen

Territory Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    75 Posts    217 marks
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 06:38:00 PM »
Fingers waggled at the apology she shook her head. ”Don’t be. Everything is fine.” She was fine. Whole. Unhurt except for a twinge of soreness she had wholly expected after seeing his spear. And that wholeness was the important part if she was to believe common opinion. She was unbroken and stronger for giving in. There was even what most considered the added bonus of Lorivar being attractive and the sex satisfying. Laughing lightly she tried to casually dismiss the rest of Lillian’s thoughts on it too. ”Oh, I suppose perhaps I might.” She had not considered future sex yet. 

Even if she had had the thing done. She was too busy battling the guilt of not feel relieved to think that Lorivar might not be suited- or willing- to be her lover going forward. In all their years together, she had never seen him take a steady woman. And there were plenty were he lived. Eyebrows lifting she nibbled at a spot inside her cheek. Speaking more without really thinking the words through. Intention to sooth her friend’s worries nearly backfiring. She corrected herself, and watched as Lillian’s twitching wings went lax once more. ”He was just being bullheaded, and I was being sensitive. No need to murder anyone, I promise.”

Unless Petey needed a quick neck wringing. Eyes bright she lead the charge upstairs. They snuck through Ilithian’s bedroom, which was noticeably empty. Bouncing on her toes in the doorway she rolled a shoulder at Lillian, ”Safe to come in, he’s left.” She had left too, she reminded herself. To find food and the company of a friend who was not sleeping off a bruised face. This leaving still felt a little strange, however. Perhaps the lurk of a psyche she had not felt in her room before. Rather than suss it out she invited Lillian to breeze through to the terrace garden instead.

Outside in the fresh air Ilithian found it easier to convince herself that she was overreacting. Without the weight of the stone walls to rebound the anxiety of several dozen eyriens at her wide open barriers. Sighing in contentment she spread her wings to catch the early morning sunshine. There was frost in the air that melted on the earth warmed stone and clung to the ladies hair as Lillian told her a little about life in the district. ”That’s fantastic. Turning a few hands to farming rather than raiding will set a good example for the rest. What crops are you considering? I think the least maintenance the better. They’ll be lazy in the start.” Taking seemed so much easier than going out and putting a few hours a day to raise corn or wheat. Until you learned that raiding was a coin toss, gambling your life for the possibility of food stuff you  might not even enjoy! They would harvest a decent bounty, enjoy the freshness of things they had grown on their own and it would set root in their hearts. Wholesome, good living.

”Oh Darkness, you poor thing! Why haven’t you had a cabin built up yet? I bet Peitar, would swap with you a bit if you like.” She joined Lillian in her laughter. Shoulders bumping as they giggled together. Ilithian’s noise making was very rambunctious with the image of Lillian rolling around to get into a dress as fuel. ”Speaaaking of Peitar… how are things going between the two of you? You said he doesn’t view women with much kindness. Should I be worried?”

Lillian

Summer-sky to Green
  • Queen

District Queen
    Askavi Terreille
    33 Posts    216 marks
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 08:47:28 AM »

"Has he?" Seemed Lorivar was just eager to rush off from everywhere. Lillian peeked around Ilithian's wings before following her into the empty bedroom. Chin tucked tight as she cast a quick glance at the bed, which was indeed empty. And rumpled. Very rumpled. Smirking, she darted after Ili, following her out into the garden. Its height forgiven only because it was a garden, and Lillian didn't have to sit anywhere near an edge.

Wings tucked out of the way, Lillian watched her friend spread her own. Envy for such ease of use had left her years ago. She would have been consumed and killed by if she held onto the emotion. Everywhere in Askavi she was faced with those who found flight as easily as she found breath. A plenty for whom the joy had been ripped from, sometimes literally. It made bitterness over something she had no experience with seem futile and shallow.

"Beans, mostly. With a bit of potato and some leafy greens thrown in." She made designs in the damp earth with her boot toe. The soil here was sandy, with a nice texture. Many people might have found it hard soil to make grow, but Ilithian had little trouble making her garden flourish, Lillian was sure. "I think the men would be more inspired if they could grow meat." She only half joked. At least hunting got some of that need for violence out of their system.

Not enough, she was sure. They were still always battling each other for 'practice'. And running raids on the sly, Lillian was sure. Not blind to the fact that great swarms of them came and went. "Oh I bet he wouldn't." Lillian snorted. "It seems wrong to have what others don't. I'm trying to get some more built. Even some sort of barracks for his men would be better than a sea of tents. Maybe with more permanence, they would feel less like a band of roving raiders and behave more properly." She had little hope, but she had to do something. Ilithian had asked.

Lillian was just afraid she'd failed already, but their friendly exchange of news and laughter made her feel better about her position in life. Even if she did fail, Ilithian was likely to forgive and keep on loving her. Lillian had always been the useless side of their friendship coin. Good for support, but not the charge. Shrugging at the question, Lillian gripped the bench and leaned back, squinting into the sky.

"No. He's not violent toward me." Lips pursed, Lillian tried to think of a way to explain Peitar. And the way he treated her. "He's not even mean most of the time, just..." Shoulders bobbing she blew a breath of frustration through her lips in a raspberry. "He has absolutely no manners." But he escorted her when she needed to walk the land. Never complained when she slipped between the spread of his wings to hide from a passing face. Didn't retaliate when she pelted him with soap.

"I really like his dog." She sighed.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SPRING - AW103

The seasons will change on 12/19.

Recent Topics

Mountain Shadows by Syral Moon-son
[September 12, 2019, 10:55:20 AM]

Character Archive, Retrieval & Transfering by Jones
[September 12, 2019, 10:04:21 AM]

Event: Ill Tides by Walker Saint
[September 12, 2019, 04:14:51 AM]

Not a Spider or a Fly by Paris Villeneuve
[September 09, 2019, 04:13:39 AM]

Runaway Sjefs by Arkyn Wildling
[September 03, 2019, 11:30:55 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner