Description: tag: Marcos

Melaine Callas

• Inactive Character
  • Queen
  • Dharo Kaeleer
    17 Posts    0 marks
Celebrate with Wine and Words
« on: June 23, 2017, 08:31:44 PM »

Life had been anything but dull since she had taken the throne of Dharo. There had been so much to do in terms of rebuilding the towns and villages that had been touched by the war between her family and the Laganas... still was actually but that was something that would not be set right over night. It was something Melaine was striving towards though and it was just something that would take a little bit of time. On top of that, there was the thing with Marcos that had thrown her for a bit of a loop. She had never expected him to lie to her, especially not after knowing him for so long and yet when he admitted that he had been lying to her from the beginning, she had taken it hard. It certainly forced her to re-evaluate her friendship with the man she had been bonded with for so many years. The distance certainly brought up some feelings that she hadn't necessarily realized were there and now she wasn't really certain how to deal with those, which meant that she simply kept avoiding the man outside of the standard Court situations though she had begun conversing with him at least a little bit more in recent times, and not just when the public was watching.

Today was not a standard day at Court however. It was her birthday and her family had decided that a celebration was in order! Laine would have preferred a simple affair, with just her family and those that she considered to be friends, but her family said that wasn't worthy of the new Queen of Dharo... especially one that was trying to bring unity amongst the Houses. So anyone that was anyone amongst the Aristoi was invited and on a day the she simply wanted to relax and be herself, Laine was surrounded by people that would probably rather see her fail than succeed. She smiled and spoke with all the pushy aristoi that wanted time with her, even dancing with a few of the men that decided to make it known they were available considering she was from the top Aristoi family and was not yet betrothed so clearly, she must be looking. There was live music, plenty of dancing, a large feast that Melaine had yet to go near, a bowl of punch, and of course plenty of alcohol. The latter was something the young Queen had partaken in quite a bit since the evening had begun, which in combination with her light jewels, her lack of food and the lack of sleep she'd been getting lately meant that she was certainly feeling the affects of the liquid.

The room was beginning to feel far too crowded and it was getting harder to deal with the people that were demanding so much of her time on a night when she wanted to just wanted to relax and celebrate and be herself. The fact that the alcohol coursing through her seemed to make her more inclined to tell people what she really thought was enough to lead Laine to believe that escaping to her study for a moment would be best. Course, she stopped on the way to grab another glass of alcohol off a passing server's tray because she deserved it on her birthday and once that was secured, she slipped out of the ballroom when no one was looking. The quiet of her office was rather welcome after the noise that the celebration had held, but the air felt stale and warm which was why she quickly crossed the room to where the windows were so that she could crack one slightly and let some of the salty sea air into the room while she floated her drink to keep it from spilling.

She had scarcely cracked it and felt the breeze upon her flushed cheeks when the sound of the door opening and closing diverted her attention away from the window to see who had entered without even bothering to knock. There were only a few people that would have done such a thing, so it wasn't surprising to see Marcos standing there looking rather handsome in his getup for the celebration. Her cheeks felt like they got a little bit warmer at the thought and she blinked slightly, trying to figure out why he would have followed her in there. It didn't occur to her that he might have worried about her when he'd seen her leave... though it probably would have had her mind been a little less clouded by the alcohol. "Marcos?"

@Marcos Perros

I nearly left the real me on a shelf

Marcos Perros

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Dharo Kaeleer
    13 Posts    245 marks
Re: Celebrate with Wine and Words
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 10:32:43 PM »
Marcos Perros
don't let me die here

Life in a court wasn't always easy, that much Marcos knew, but it certainly had not gotten any easier since him and Lanie had not been talking. There were very few people in the Court that talked to Marcos, most being frightened of his Jewels. So Marcos found he had a lot of free time on his hands. He tried to put most of it to good use, doing everything he could to make Melaine's transition to power easier. There wasn't a lot that he could do, but he did what he could.

As they days went by, Marcos found himself growing tired, it was the same, day in and day out. Of course he would have done anything for Melaine and he would have continued to do so, but with Melaine's birthday fast approaching he was able to focus on something else.

Ever since Marcos had told Laine about his jewels, he had started to realize just how much she meant to him. He had always known that he would do anything for her, but he had thought that was because of their bond. He had never truly realized just how far his emotions for her had run. Which was why, with her birthday fast approaching, Marcos was glad that he had time on his hands and could assist in planning her birthday party. Of course, there were plenty of people involved, but having no other major Court duties during the planning, he was able to assist quite often. Of course his new sidekick helped him as well and although he would not admit it to most people, Marcos really enjoyed working with Melaine's niece. He found it hard to say no to her and she had been one of the few bright spots when Laine and him had been at odds.

It had all worked out though, Marcos couldn't help but be impressed with how everything looked for her party. He knew Laine may not like it, not liking big parties, but nothing was spared for the Queen. Most people at the party avoided him no one wanted to get too close to the dark jewelled Warlord Prince, but Marcos was okay with this. He spent most of his time watching Laine making sure she was okay.

It was why, he noticed so quickly that she had gone missing. He watched her slip out of the room and waited only a few minutes before following her. It was her party, and he wanted to make sure that she was okay. Regardless of everything, Melaine was his number one priority. He watched her as she slipped into another room, she shut the door behind her, so Marcos knocked once before letting himself in. As she turned to face him Marcos could tell that her cheeks were flushed and he wondered why, he knew she had been drinking, but it could also have been from the heat of the room. "I hope you don't mind... but I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Melanie/Open

Melaine Callas

• Inactive Character
  • Queen
  • Dharo Kaeleer
    17 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 08:46:05 PM »

The quaint little room that she had chosen for her office had provided only a few moments of peace for Melaine before the door had cracked opened and the sounds of the nearby gala snuck through momentarily before being silenced once again as the thick wooden door swung shut. It was the latter that caught her attention however and had her turning to see who had just entered. Had he knocked and she simply hadn't been paying attention? That was certainly a possibility considering her thoughts were anything but focused at the moment. Perhaps she should have taken the time to eat a little bit more food before having quite so many drinks but that was neither here nor there at the moment.

Laine watched him as he closed the space between them a little bit as she took another sip of her rink before floating it beside her once more. Had he been worried about her? Was that why he had come to check on her? Marcos hadn't said as much in so many words, but he had been watching her at the very least otherwise he wouldn't have noticed her slip away so quickly. Even with the distance that had grown between them since that day, it seemed he still took the time to make sure she was okay. Was that simply because of the bond or because of his sense of responsibility? Or did it have to do more with something else... something like what she had been noticing in herself whenever she thought about the man.

"I'm fine. I just... well I was hot and there were so many people and I just wanted a moment of quiet before heading back out. I'm sorry if I worried you at all by slipping out," she responded as she reached up to brush a speck of something off the lapel of his jacket, straightening it out slightly before letting her hand rest lightly against his chest. Had she been a bit more sober, she probably wouldn't have done any of that since she would have likely talked herself out of it for one reason or another. For the time being though, her mind was quiet and instead she listened to what she wanted in that moment as opposed to whether or not she should do something. Right now, she simply wanted to touch him and so she did. She had missed him...

@Marcos Perros

Marcos Perros

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Dharo Kaeleer
    13 Posts    245 marks
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 09:29:03 PM »
Marcos Perros
don't let me die here

Even though Marcos knew with every logical bone in his body that it was very unlikely that anything would happen to Melaine in her own home, he couldn't help but still feel very protective over her. It had been sometime since they had spoken and that had only served to make him more anxious. He had missed her though, he missed seeing her and talking to her. He missed everything about her and not seeing her and not knowing what was going on her in life made him anxious and worried about her.

But she had just gone out to get some air, something Marcos couldn't blame her for, all the bodies in the room had made the room heat up and he knew he was getting warm himself, but he still felt anxious leaving her with so many people around. Even if it made no sense for anyone to make a move against her with so many witnesses. Had Marcos been alone he would have shaken his head at her over protectiveness. He knew would have to rein it in eventually or it would cause more damage between them.

Happy to hear that Melaine was in fact okay, Marcos was preparing himself to leave, things had still not been normal between them and he didn't want to overstay his welcome. But he was stopped as Melaine laid a hand on his chest. Marcos froze, unsure of how to take the action. Up until now he had kept physical distance between them and Melaine had done the same, did this mean she was starting to forgive him? There were so many questions that went through his head, questions that he wasn't going to ask her. This may have been a sign of her forgiving him, but he wasn't going to push her.

However, the action still was abnormal and as much as he didn't want to ask her any questions, he did want answers. Looking down at her, Marcos studied her face, he had been by her side long enough that he was getting good at reading her face. Her face was more red then it normally was, but she said she had been hot which could have caused it. But she had also been drinking a fair amount and thinking back on it now Marcos didn't remember seeing her eat anything. Her jewels would burn of some of the alcohol, but it wouldn't burn off that much. Taking a bit of a risk Marcos raised his hand to touch her chin, raising her face so that he could look in her eyes. He knew some people found brown eyes boring but they always drew him in. But the redness in her face still bothered him. He wasn't sure if she was completely fine but he wasn't going to question her word. "It's good to hear you are okay." His words were soft, almost a whisper. "You don't need to apologize. I know I worry too much, I just don't want anything to happen to you." He couldn't bear it if something did happen to her. Moving his hand slightly, Marcos gently rubbed his thumb against her cheek before dropping his hand. He couldn't deny his feelings for her, and he hadn't meant to touch her like that but in the moment he couldn't help it. He could only hope that she didn't mind.

Melaine Callas

• Inactive Character
  • Queen
  • Dharo Kaeleer
    17 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 08:00:33 PM »

Melaine's hand lingered for a moment as her addled brain tried to think of a reason to move it, though that became a little bit more difficult to do when she felt his fingers beneath her chin lifting her face towards his. That wasn't something he normally did... nor did he normally brush her cheek in such a manner or speak in a whisper like that. She was aware enough of her actions that she caught herself before she leaned into his touch, but that didn't stop her heart from speeding up slightly or her brow creasing ever so slightly in confusion. Why was he doing that? He didn't trust her, which he had made clear by keeping that secret from her all these years, and yet this was more intimate of a touch than he'd ever done with her. She wasn't exactly in the best state, Laine knew that to a point, but that didn't mean she wouldn't notice something like that... or was she reading too much into it? Maybe he hadn't meant anything by the touch and maybe the whispered words were only out of concern for her since she had left her own party without explanation...

Her hand fell away from him and Laine turned back towards the window, taking another sip of her drink while she tried to process something as simple as a touch. If it was intended to be as intimate as it had felt... well then it didn't make sense. He had lied to her for years so he couldn't possibly feel what she had come to realize she felt for him. Then again, Laine hadn't even realized the depth of her feelings for Marcos until he was no longer around as much so perhaps it was the same for him. But that still didn't explain why he lied in the first place because how could you do that to someone you cared for? "Why did you lie?" The words slipped out before she could stop them. It wasn't a question she had intended to ask but the alcohol had pretty much removed the filter between her mind and her lips, which was why the words were spoken.

Laine didn't even give him a chance to answer though because it was like the floodgates had opened at that point and the rest just started to tumble out after them. "I mean I would have expected that from others. Its part of belonging to a family like mine..." she said as she turned around to face him again. "It's just... I thought you were different... I thought... I thought that we were different."

@Marcos Perros

Marcos Perros

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Dharo Kaeleer
    13 Posts    245 marks
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 09:23:43 PM »
Marcos Perros
don't let me die here

Even though Marcos knew better than to reach out to it, he couldn't help himself. Melaine had meant the world to him and their sudden falling out had effected him more than he ever thought it would. He hadn't been himself since they had stopped talking and every day he wondered if it would be the day where Melaine would talk to him. They had talked a little bit when Melaine had come down to help with the wall, but that felt like it had been weeks ago and Marcos thought he was starting to go crazy not being able to talk to her.

Now that he had reached out and touched her though all he wanted to do was wrap his arms around her. It wasn't something they had done before but it had taken this separation for him to truly realize how he felt about her and now that he knew how he felt it was hard to keep it from her and hide how he felt from everyone else. Standing this close to her now Marcos felt like he should talk to her and tell her how he felt, and he almost did but just before he could open his mouth Melaine dropped her hand and turned away to the window.

For a moment Marcos heart leaped from his chest, thinking that something bad was going to happen, maybe she would decide to send him away, but her words took him by surprise. The fact that she thought he took the lie so easily broke his heart. He had thought a lot about what he would tell Melaine but he had been so terrified of her being scared of him that he hadn't said anything. He hadn't ever told anyone before Melaine about his Ebon-Gray jewel and she was the only one who knew to this day.

But still his heart broke at her words. They were different, the fact that he had told her about his jewel said that. Melaine obviously did not see it that way. Unable to stop himself Marcos moved closer to Melaine reaching out to her hand. "We are different Melaine." In so many ways but she must not have been able to see that. "I can't apologize enough for hiding this from you, but my entire life I was shunned for wearing even a Red. Once I met you, I couldn't imagine a life without you in it so I kept it from you, fearing that I would once again be shunned just because of of my jewels. It might not have been the best decision, but I did what I had always done, thinking it was the only option I had." He tightened his grip on her hand. "Even to this day, you are the only one that I have told." It might have been seen as excused but Marcos had never been accepted for his birthright jewel and he had never imagined that he would be accepted for his descent jewel.

Melaine Callas

• Inactive Character
  • Queen
  • Dharo Kaeleer
    17 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »

She hadn't meant to ask the question that she had, but the words had tumbled out before she could stop them thanks to the wine. It didn't mean that she hadn't meant them though. Laine had always been under the impression that they didn't hide things from each other, but clearly that hadn't been the case. He was the one person that really knew her though, how she thought and how she felt about the war and everything else her family had done in her name. He had been the person she could always go to and know that whatever she said would remain between them. She had never really needed to worry about that before because as far as she had known, he did the same with her. They had been close... but now she felt like it had all been an illusion because he hadn't even trusted her enough to drop the lie about his jewels.

Laine found herself looking down at her hand when he reached out with his own, if only because it was easier than continuing to look him in the eyes while he spoke. Marcos' words said that they were different, but she was still finding it hard to believe. She knew that he was probably correct when he said that he had been shunned his whole life. Dark jewels were not common in Dharo after all and people didn't always know how to react around them. Even she had been a bit weary of him when they had first met, but considering she had still been so young at that time and had never met someone that wore jewels so dark. It was something she got over quickly enough though considering the bond between them. She had never suspected that he worried she would treat him differently if she learned just how dark he was... and it saddened her that he didn't know her as well as she thought he did.

When he squeezed her hand a bit tighter it drew Laine's attention back to his eyes. There was something about the way he said the words that seemed to be spilling out of his mouth that made her wonder if she had been wrong about why he had chosen to lie. It sounded more like it had been fear that had kept the truth from coming out and not that he didn't trust her to know... but that didn't mean the fact that he had been so afraid of her reaction didn't hurt her... more than it probably should. She had come to rely on him for support and friendship, but somewhere down the line it had turned into something more without her even realizing it. It had only been the space she had requested that had even made her aware of the feelings she harbored for Marcos but now she questioned if perhaps he felt the same. It would have explained the fear he spoke of... and the tender touch from earlier...

The new questions mixed with too much alcohol being in her system made her a little bit bolder than normal perhaps, which was why she floated her wine glass next to her as she pulled her hand free of his grip only to wrap her arms around his waist in an embrace that was a little out of the norm for her. Her cheek rested against his chest as she waited to see if he would return the embrace or not before she spoke. "I understand why you chose to keep it from me."

@Marcos Perros

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is taking the world that we all know and expanding it by combining the old lore with new lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

We have officially been open for one year! We are looking forward to the wonderful stories our members continue to create and welcoming any newcomers to the site.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Spring - AW102

Please keep the season in mind while posting. The seasons will change on 09/18.

Recent Topics

Summer glass by Briar
[Today at 12:48:13 PM]

like the back of my hand by Vrai
[Today at 12:22:03 PM]

sinking ship by Gabriel
[Today at 11:51:21 AM]

Just a little vacay by Talimar
[Today at 06:20:09 AM]

A New Reality by Isidore Nazaire
[Yesterday at 12:05:19 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Lane
Priestess | SS to Green | Traveling Terrielle
Ringmaster of Legarde Family Circus

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

May 2018 Featured RPG