What Makes A Jones Happy:

Description: healers, winged brats, and sky pirates- oh my!

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

• Gutter Loving Plot Witch
    0 Posts    32174 marks
What Makes A Jones Happy:
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »

On hold for Eveshow spoiler

Brat Child

OPEN
General Information:
I would really like if Enele stumbled on an adoptive daughter at some point in his travels. The details are totally open. We would start their friendship off and let it grow organically. But a feisty orphan with an attitude just as big as his would serve him right. Must climb trees, or even be Eyrien so she can flap away while giving him sass. :D It's okay. He deserves it. Age is not that important, I would say older than 10 but younger than 16 (or long-lived/mix equivalent) would be most believable. Come meet your new family witchling! Let Enele fuss and spoil!

Requested Caste: Any other than Queen. A healer or dual caste witch would fit right in!

Relationship: future soul daughterish person

Preferred Jewels: any

Face Claim: Open- I'm very fond of Millie Bobby Brown though.

Isidore's Wanteds
Ile de Paon

The Overseer

General Information:
Someone trustworthy has to stay behind to keep Isidore's wives from burning down his house! And make sure all his slaves behave. Since Isidore is so young, I think he would have chosen someone older to do the job. A native, definitely, because he wouldn't trust a slave in the position. They would be his right hand man, and potentially his best friend. Maybe an ex-raider with an injury that prevents them from going to war? Idk. That part is up to you.

Requested Caste: any, but probably not a prince

Relationship: Employee/Friend

Preferred Jewels: The darker the better, he wants to make sure his wives are well taken care of (just keep your peen in your pants, bro)

Face Claim: any that meet racial markers of Paon (Manu Bennett pictured)

Miscellaneous:

"Momma"

General Information:
She is a depraved piece of work. After a series of ill luck and miscarriages she faked a baby. Forcing a slave girl to carry her husband's child, then raising it as her own. For most of his life Isidore had no idea... until mommy dearest started to get a little touchy feely. Baby boy got a hot body.

Yes. They have sex. He doesn't care about your opinion. She probably doesn't either. But if anyone found out he was slave born, his social standing on Paon would be at risk.

Requested Caste: any except for queen

Relationship: Mother, sorta/Lover, sometimes

Preferred Jewels: She rolled a SS to Opal family roll, a reroll is fine

Face Claim: anyone age appropriate with the racial markers of Paon. Christine Bleakley is pictured

Miscellaneous:
Isidore is about to gain not one, but 2 sexy young wives. So Momma has plenty of reason to be jealous, if that's her thing.

CREWMATES

General Information:
The crew of the skyship Gyrfalcon! A rowdy bunch that spends weeks at a time living together, traveling the realms to make deals and secure food for their city. This involves everything from political diplomacy to mercenary work and piracy! Close quarters can lead to a lot of fun plots. And I promise Valor will get them all into a lot of trouble!   :-X

See all my exclamation points? That's how you know it will be great!

Requested Caste: Any!

Relationship: Crew Members/Friends

Preferred Jewels: Any!

Face Claim: Any! Pictured, from left to right are Emil Andersson, Rocio Crusset, and Jake Cassar

Miscellaneous:
While Sky Squadrons are a military unit they do not have typical military ranks. This is because shielding and maintaining flight is a crew effort. Actual ranks aside from general crew member are First Mate and Carpenter.

FAMILY

Thora Swordmaker
General Information:
Name is a place holder. Thora is a highly respected citizen of Glacia, and Odense in particular. She is a blacksmith, with swords as her specialty. She has two dark jeweled children, which is status lifting enough in combination with her trade. Her daughter is a queen, and her son a Skyship Captain, so that respect/social importance is basically tenfold. She would be a very influential person in the city.

Requested Caste: Listed as a witch in Valor's bio but I don't mind changing. Any except queen would be fine.

Relationship: Parent, possible candidate for Sjef position in Odense

Preferred Jewels: She received a rose to purple dusk family roll, but any jewels are fine. Both of her children have dark jewels

Face Claim: Pictured is Elle MacPherson, anyone that could pass as related to Valor Av Odense and Essi Av Kisdy is fine.

Miscellaneous:
Momma dearest would be a good Court Member, or even a good Sjef for Odense.

Daughter

Grace Prentice

General Information:
Grace is an 18 year old apprentice healer. She lives in Dena Nehele’s Niwlen Province with her mother and brother. Her father struggles a lot with emotional connections to other people and it makes him come off as a giant jerk. He isn’t outright rude to his kids, and he does love them, but he’s a bit detached. Hence why their mother divorced him. It would be great for Rhett to have his nearly adult daughter around to nag and be nagged. She could even come and stay in his big fancy house with him.

Requested Caste: Healer, dual caste fine but second caste would need to be a newer realization

Relationship: Child

Preferred Jewels: Rose Birthright family roll, reroll fine

Face Claim: Any, Luna Bijl pictured

The Wives

Abigail Temple

General Information:
Abigail and Rhett were married young and had a brief, if exciting marriage. They have two children, Grace aged 18 and Silence aged 16. Their daughter was born a few months after they were married, revealing that they had been intimate much longer than that. A few weeks after Silence was born she left Rhett. Couldn’t suffer his arrogance any more. They still see one another regularly, what terms their relationship is on now completely up for discussion.

Requested Caste: Witch, open to change

Relationship: Ex Wife

Preferred Jewels: White to Tiger Eye family roll

Face Claim: Open

Brother

Milo Loch

General Information:
The older brother and definite cool kid. Giddy would enjoy having his big bro around to nag and be nagged by. They’re polar opposites, but have always gotten along pretty well.

Requested Caste: Prince

Relationship: Sibling

Preferred Jewels: Yellow to Rose fam roll, reroll fine

Face Claim: Matthew Goode suggested, anyone is fine

Miscellaneous:
Could possibly be involved in court life as well, since their mother serves.

Teige Neve

General Information:
Twin brother and (probably heartbound) Master of The Guard. He’s likely not pleased with his sissy, as she’s run off to do exactly what he told  her not to.

Requested Caste: Warlord Prince

Relationship: Sibling & future court position

Preferred Jewels: Purple Dusk to Green family roll, reroll fine

Face Claim: Anyone, Martin Gardavsky shown

Family

Jude Legarde

General Information:
Owner and operator of the Legarde Family Circus. This gentleman is either Long-lived or at least 50%. He has two daughters, the circumstances of why he has raised them alone for the last 90 years are up for plotting out. They don’t even need to be his natural children. He was the ringmaster for years, but his older daughter Lane does that now. Leaving him to focus on his act, which is a rousing display of stunt work he does with several large (possibly Kindred) Arcerian cats or tigers.

Requested Caste: Prince

Relationship: Parent & Circus member

Preferred Jewels: Purple Dusk to Sapphire family roll, reroll fine but should remain a dark descent

Face Claim: Hugh Jackman, bc tophat

Lane Legarde

General Information:
As a priestess Lane is well placed to run the show. She is the circus ringmaster, and older sister to Maeve Legarde. Their relationship and the relationship she has with ‘Peeper’, Maeve’s toddler son, are up for plotting out. She is definitely the more responsible sibling but I described both girls are a bit wild and gypsylike in Maeve’s app.

Requested Caste: Priestess, dual caste fine

Relationship: Sibling & Circus member

Preferred Jewels: Summer Sky to Green family roll, reroll fine

Face Claim: Any; Marinet Mathee pictured

What’s better than one shiny? Why, five shinies, of course!   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   How deep does this thing go? Guarantees a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Light Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Light Opal.   When cut just doesn't cut it! (Blood Opal to Ebon-gray)   How deep does this thing go? Guarantees a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of mid-range Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Sapphire.   The Darkness has a surprisingly lenient return policy! (NOTE: Only one re-roll per character.)  

WitchesRayvyn

• OOC Account
  • Black Widow Healer

• 0 Posts    1639 marks
Re: What Makes A Jones Happy:
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »
I'm going to snag a temp claim on your Black Widow!
 2 Birthrights, 1 Post. Redeem this item to have two sets of Jewels rolled that you may choose between.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   A beautifully prismatic Jewel indeed. It possesses a strange duality, neither completely Light nor Dark; the only way to discover its true potential is to use it!   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   What’s better than one shiny? Why, five shinies, of course!   Allows you to look before you leap! Use this to guarantee one character a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   It's like a bungee jumping gift certificate, but more magical! Use this to guarantee one character a mid or full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Green or lighter.)   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   A glimmering purple Jewel. It has a certain elegance, don't you think?   It's vibrant and cheerful, like the sky on a warm, cloudless summer day!   When cut just doesn't cut it! (White to Opal)  

TheNighttimeSky

• Inactive Player
  • 0 Posts    100 marks
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:12:51 AM »
Kiri...

I have this idea in my head that she is slightly off-center, has her own sexuality, and wants to have a legacy, so she is also trying to build up fame and money without attracting too much attention from her psychopathic brother Enele as she is afraid of him ; and this is a major cramp on her style and a constant friction between them. Perhaps she puts on music dance shows of some kind, like a famous singer-wanna be trying to hard. She is a very strong person, very entropeneureral, perhaps even to a villan's extent, and with a sort of devil-may-care attitude. In my head I'm thinking of her as a mixture of a few other past characters I had but altogether her own creature. I am considering her be a natural black widow also or perhaps a trained one. While she is a healer too, her heart is much more into earning money than helping the sick or needy, especially since there are always so many sick people and only so much of her jewel power to go around. I guess the Jessica Jones character plus Lady Gaga might be a good description.

If you like the idea or have any questions or suggestions, give me a week of reserve time.
 Eating something this cute will definitely inspire you! Provides a random writing prompt upon use. Make sure to save whatever prompt it gives, as the item will be deleted upon use.  

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

0 Posts    32174 marks
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »
This all sounds fine to me. Key points are really just that she does the healing for the group, and he really wouldn't care that she would rather be doing other things with her life. They could even have a deal that she can skip out when her son is done training as a healer. Having a lot of head butting and bickering between them could be part of the reason he's such a 'textbook Warlord Prince'.
@TheNighttimeSky
 What’s better than one shiny? Why, five shinies, of course!   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   How deep does this thing go? Guarantees a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Light Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Light Opal.   When cut just doesn't cut it! (Blood Opal to Ebon-gray)   How deep does this thing go? Guarantees a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of mid-range Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Sapphire.   The Darkness has a surprisingly lenient return policy! (NOTE: Only one re-roll per character.)  

WitchesRayvyn

• OOC Account
  • Black Widow Healer

• 0 Posts    1639 marks
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
@Jones @TheNighttimeSky  If Kiri was more interested in other things, I wouldn't mind having Io kind of step up and take care of her son now and again and maybe they form a bond or something. I think it would be an interesting dynamic to have the Black Widow act more like how a 'traditional' Healer would act and have the Healer not be very nurturing. Just thought I'd add my two cents.
 2 Birthrights, 1 Post. Redeem this item to have two sets of Jewels rolled that you may choose between.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   A beautifully prismatic Jewel indeed. It possesses a strange duality, neither completely Light nor Dark; the only way to discover its true potential is to use it!   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   What’s better than one shiny? Why, five shinies, of course!   Allows you to look before you leap! Use this to guarantee one character a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   It's like a bungee jumping gift certificate, but more magical! Use this to guarantee one character a mid or full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Green or lighter.)   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   A glimmering purple Jewel. It has a certain elegance, don't you think?   It's vibrant and cheerful, like the sky on a warm, cloudless summer day!   When cut just doesn't cut it! (White to Opal)  

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

0 Posts    32174 marks
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »
That's fine by me, Ray. There's a possibility I'll snatch Kiri's son up as a full time character down the line. But I plan to leave him as an NPC for a while. Enele needs someone young and easily embarrassed around to pick on. XD

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

0 Posts    32174 marks
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 08:37:09 PM »
Updated!

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

0 Posts    32174 marks
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 04:14:30 PM »
Updated with new character ideas!

Skye

• Inactive Player
  • 0 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 09:41:37 AM »
So I would like to reserve the brat child because MBB is <3 but I won't be able to even start thinking about it until finals are over likely so if that doesn't work or if someone else expressed interest before then that is fine :)
 Eating something this cute will definitely inspire you! Provides a random writing prompt upon use. Make sure to save whatever prompt it gives, as the item will be deleted upon use.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   It's vibrant and cheerful, like the sky on a warm, cloudless summer day!   Allows you to look before you leap! Use this to guarantee one character a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   Wow, it's really heavy!   A glimmering purple Jewel. It has a certain elegance, don't you think?  

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

0 Posts    32174 marks
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 09:46:24 AM »
<3 Enele's wrapped up in some LT plot things until after Winter so its perfectly fine.

Jenn

• OOC Account

• 0 Posts    1101 marks
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 10:53:40 AM »
I'm gonna snap up one of Valor's crew members with the Nick Bateman face because Nick Bateman
 A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of mid-range Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Sapphire.   It's vibrant and cheerful, like the sky on a warm, cloudless summer day!   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Dark Jewels that you specify, up to a Descent of Ebon-gray.   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Light Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Light Opal.  

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

0 Posts    32174 marks
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 12:19:35 PM »
Sounds great ^_^ He is a real hottie. Hopefully the territory doesn't melt.

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

0 Posts    32174 marks
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »
Updated with Isidore's wanteds for Ile de Paon

dergon

• Staff
  • Opal to Red
    Hearth Queen

• yarn hoarding coffee chugger
    0 Posts    25169 marks
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
Fuck it. Give me the native wife.
 It's vibrant and cheerful, like the sky on a warm, cloudless summer day!   It's vibrant and cheerful, like the sky on a warm, cloudless summer day!   In addition to returns, the Darkness also happily accepts bribes. Guarantees a mid or full Descent. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Green or lighter.)   A beautifully prismatic Jewel indeed. It possesses a strange duality, neither completely Light nor Dark; the only way to discover its true potential is to use it!   How deep does this thing go? Guarantees a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   The Darkness has a surprisingly lenient return policy! (NOTE: Only one re-roll per character.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Light Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Light Opal.   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of mid-range Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Sapphire.   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Dark Jewels that you specify, up to a Descent of Ebon-gray.   When cut just doesn't cut it! (Blood Opal to Ebon-gray)  
getting to know dergon!
player notes & requests

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

0 Posts    32174 marks
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 09:26:12 PM »

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Summer - AW102

The seasons will change on 01/19.

Recent Topics

Riptides by Orilaca
[Yesterday at 06:24:34 AM]

Walking shadows by Vigot Thidrandisson
[Yesterday at 12:12:11 AM]

the missing strand by Ilithian
[November 12, 2018, 10:30:19 PM]

Family Favors by Eulalie Reneux
[November 12, 2018, 06:10:19 AM]

Reunion by Io Potamoi
[November 11, 2018, 11:15:30 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

Betrayer
Priestess/Other | Open Jewels | Hayll
companion of Neha Rajani

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner
May 2018 Featured RPG