Online Jones

What Makes A Jones Happy:
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »
The Night Watch
mercenaries for hire

Reserved

Kiri of the Waoud
General Information:
You can read a bit about Kiri here in her brother Eneleís bio. The short version is she had a rough childhood, is a dark jeweled healer, her husband died so she and her son both travel and work with her younger brother now. Their capacities in the group, why they stick with him, etc are all up to the player!

Requested Caste: Healer (duel caste ok)

Relationship: Sister and healer for mercenary group

Preferred Jewels: Summer-sky to Green family roll

Face Claim: Sheila Marquez (is she too young? she might not pull off 30+ very well but they have such similar facial features...) or any fair skinned, dark haired woman about 35 years old.

Reserved

resident web reader
General Information:
Pretty pic just to hold the space (and lets be honest, who doesn't want to look at Kylie? She hawt). This character can be any gender. In fact, they are completely open aside from the fact that they are a black widow and work with Enele.

Requested Caste: Black Widow (duel caste ok)

Relationship: Resident web weaver for mercenary group

Preferred Jewels: any, though darker is better when you spend a lot of time with a warlord prince.

Face Claim:Kylie Bunbury, Erich Burgen, Ryan McPartlin- anyone will work really Iím not picky

Pretty Horse!

General Information:
This is a horse. A fast one. A fast kindred horse. How long this horse has been with Enele is up for discussion. We could even play out their meeting. Enele just really loves horses, and he could use a fast one. This horse will be 'borrowed' on the regular by a cute Queen. So it wont just have to deal with Enele's craycray.

Requested Caste: any

Relationship: Speed racer!

Preferred Jewels: any! Or none!

Face Claim: A pretty pony
 Eating something this cute will definitely inspire you! Provides a random writing prompt upon use. Make sure to save whatever prompt it gives, as the item will be deleted upon use.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.  

Offline WitchesRayvyn

Re: What Makes A Jones Happy:
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »
I'm going to snag a temp claim on your Black Widow!
 2 Birthrights, 1 Post. Redeem this item to have two sets of Jewels rolled that you may choose between.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   A beautifully prismatic Jewel indeed. It possesses a strange duality, neither completely Light nor Dark; the only way to discover its true potential is to use it!   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   Whatís better than one shiny? Why, five shinies, of course!  

Offline TheNighttimeSky

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:12:51 AM »
Kiri...

I have this idea in my head that she is slightly off-center, has her own sexuality, and wants to have a legacy, so she is also trying to build up fame and money without attracting too much attention from her psychopathic brother Enele as she is afraid of him ; and this is a major cramp on her style and a constant friction between them. Perhaps she puts on music dance shows of some kind, like a famous singer-wanna be trying to hard. She is a very strong person, very entropeneureral, perhaps even to a villan's extent, and with a sort of devil-may-care attitude. In my head I'm thinking of her as a mixture of a few other past characters I had but altogether her own creature. I am considering her be a natural black widow also or perhaps a trained one. While she is a healer too, her heart is much more into earning money than helping the sick or needy, especially since there are always so many sick people and only so much of her jewel power to go around. I guess the Jessica Jones character plus Lady Gaga might be a good description.

If you like the idea or have any questions or suggestions, give me a week of reserve time.

Online Jones

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »
This all sounds fine to me. Key points are really just that she does the healing for the group, and he really wouldn't care that she would rather be doing other things with her life. They could even have a deal that she can skip out when her son is done training as a healer. Having a lot of head butting and bickering between them could be part of the reason he's such a 'textbook Warlord Prince'.
@TheNighttimeSky
 Eating something this cute will definitely inspire you! Provides a random writing prompt upon use. Make sure to save whatever prompt it gives, as the item will be deleted upon use.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.  

Offline WitchesRayvyn

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
@Jones @TheNighttimeSky  If Kiri was more interested in other things, I wouldn't mind having Io kind of step up and take care of her son now and again and maybe they form a bond or something. I think it would be an interesting dynamic to have the Black Widow act more like how a 'traditional' Healer would act and have the Healer not be very nurturing. Just thought I'd add my two cents.
 2 Birthrights, 1 Post. Redeem this item to have two sets of Jewels rolled that you may choose between.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   A beautifully prismatic Jewel indeed. It possesses a strange duality, neither completely Light nor Dark; the only way to discover its true potential is to use it!   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   Whatís better than one shiny? Why, five shinies, of course!  

Online Jones

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »
That's fine by me, Ray. There's a possibility I'll snatch Kiri's son up as a full time character down the line. But I plan to leave him as an NPC for a while. Enele needs someone young and easily embarrassed around to pick on. XD

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is taking the world that we all know and expanding it by combining the old lore with new lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

We are officially open! We are looking forward to the wonderful stories our members create and welcoming any newcomers to the site.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

Summer - AW101

Please keep the season in mind while posting. The seasons will change on 01/01.

Wanted Spotlight

Duncan
Warlord Prince | PD - Green | LK
"Twin Brother" to Isadora Delancy

C-box

Guest-friendly

Refresh History
  • Mae: well i could work on want ads
    October 13, 2017, 07:46:48 PM
  • Jones: mine finally loaded but I can't actually get a message out D:
    October 13, 2017, 07:44:36 PM
  • Jones: lolol
    October 13, 2017, 07:44:19 PM
  • Mae: i cant work on DN without it XD
    October 13, 2017, 07:43:11 PM
  • Jones: I knooow
    October 13, 2017, 07:42:15 PM
  • Manu: booooo XD
    October 13, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
  • Jones: Their twitter account says they're doing a big mass reset. So hang in there, should be back soon!
    October 13, 2017, 07:32:00 PM
  • Manu: I think discord died D:
    October 13, 2017, 07:25:58 PM
  • WitchesRayvyn: awww we had a guest and I missed them
    October 13, 2017, 11:35:12 AM
  • dergon: Hi guest!
    October 12, 2017, 09:43:48 PM
  • Guest912: -waves-
    October 12, 2017, 08:50:55 PM
  • WitchesRayvyn: Yay!
    October 05, 2017, 07:38:12 PM
  • Skye: Its over!
    October 05, 2017, 04:13:02 PM
  • Io Potamoi: such a cute puppy too! (is Ray)
    September 30, 2017, 09:53:57 PM
  • dergon: oh that was me, wearing my new puppy skin >><<
    September 30, 2017, 07:49:31 PM
  • Mauki: D:
    September 30, 2017, 07:35:21 PM
  • Skye: Not soon enough
    September 30, 2017, 11:15:29 AM
  • dergon: almost skye! one more week <3
    September 28, 2017, 11:56:27 AM
  • Skye: Is it oct 5th yet? -dies-
    September 27, 2017, 04:31:04 PM
  • Siera:
    September 24, 2017, 09:40:05 PM
  • Skye: I'm trying to work posts in around making sugar flowers... But we'll see how this week goes lol. I have half a post written for you though. Bed just called me away.
    September 24, 2017, 07:11:04 AM
  • TheNighttimeSky: Wow look at all the posts today
    September 23, 2017, 10:37:05 PM
  • Skye: Yay!
    September 13, 2017, 02:40:56 PM
  • Salem: Popping in to say I survived Irma! Islands took a beating so I'm gonna be out of power for a bit but I'm alive.
    September 13, 2017, 12:57:41 PM
  • TheNighttimeSky: Remembering 9-11 and all its loved ones
    September 12, 2017, 01:37:50 AM

Recent Topics

Alesian by Jones
[Today at 04:00:54 PM]

Ready for Review by dergon
[Today at 03:57:14 PM]

Erylian by Jones
[Today at 11:52:40 AM]

Gifts & Greetings by Nyree
[Yesterday at 05:05:06 PM]

A Demon in Distress by Ilithian
[Yesterday at 03:14:07 PM]

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.