Sapphire to Gray
  • Black Widow Queen
  • Played By: Jones

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    47 Posts    0 marks
Stuck With Me
« on: March 06, 2018, 11:04:41 PM »
❁❁❁

It was very quiet in the carriage. Had been for a while now. Only the weight of thinly stretched silence to fill the space. An occasional giggle from her companion. Or the sound of her heels tapping the floorboards when she switched one foot for the other.

Unspoken things heavier in the air than River’s body had been covering her own. Biting at her thumb nail Wren cast the memory away. The same sort of thoughts that had made her put two different books away. Instead she stared out of the window at nothing. Eyes turned inward at all that had passed in the previous week.

Knees crossed she tried not to look without looking. Her mind slipping, over and over again, to the man at her side. Boy? Man. She wasn’t sure. Wasn’t sure about anything anymore. She struggled to stifle a sigh. Failed. The sound loud in the confines of her traveling prison.

Exchanging nervous biting for a hand over her mouth she curled her shoulders in. ”Sorry.” Not sure what for. All of it maybe? The strangeness. Her awkwardness and mistrust. That she still, after their... shared moment of intensity, didn’t completely trust him.

”Have you, um, heard from Prince Willowbanks? Is he alright?” Last update he had been missing. Left the big manor house without a word. If River was worried he had not told Wren. So she didn’t worry either. But it occurred to her now that he might pretend, to spare her feelings or some such nonsense. She didn’t know yet if he was that sort of warlord prince.

Or if there was such a thing as not being that sort of warlord prince. ”Are you alright?” She had done as much to him, she thought, as he had done back.
@dergon

River Well

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: dergon

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    46 Posts    39 marks
Re: Stuck With Me
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:49:19 AM »

The rhythmic rocking of the carriage tried to steal sleep over River's consciousness. He fought it, casting it aside with shields and probes. He hadn't slept since whatever had happened in Nin had happened. Since he'd had sex with Wren. He flicked a glance in her direction, but his queen was very studiously ignoring him. As she had since he'd talked her into sleep after the sex.

Her casual dismissal of him after the fact had stolen all the swagger from his step. But River hadn't shirked his duty for hurt feelings. Stayed awake and watchful as they traveled, just in case. Leaving the inn behind vermin free. Small rodents and fleas picked off by his Sapphire while Wren rested. Something to keep his mind occupied and alert. It was harder in the carriage.

Wren's sigh pulled his eyelids up, as his gaze toward her. River shrugged her apology away, not sure what she was sorry about. She had a right to sigh if she liked.

"He's fine." A flicker of a grin. Up to something too, River was nearly certain. He'd had the oddest sensation from his cousin. He would investigate that when they got home. Maybe it was just a lack of Wren during the crisis. River hadn't actually talked to him, but he had found his cousin, felt him out. Assured himself that he was well enough if unsettled and a little strange, even for Willbe. "Alive, anyway."

River pinched the crease in his trousers, ran thump and finger down its length. Eyebrows lifting in surprise at her question. Did he look tired? There was no mirror to check. Was he okay? River wasn't much interested in looking inward either, to see. He felt mostly fine. Just tired. Maybe a little confused. Maybe a little sad. He supposed she hadn't liked it as much as he had.

And she hadn't much liked touching him before. River shifted, not enough room to stretch his legs out.

"I'm fine too, lady." He'd been rejected before, though he'd never really had a connection to anyone else. Not like with Wren. But she was his queen, and River would serve her without pettings or sex. He could get those elsewhere, anyway. And he was used to Willbe being the only one to tolerate him a second time. Even if his cousin still refused to have sex with him.

Prude.

"Are you?" Some girls asked the questions they wanted applied to themselves, he noticed. Or complimented you when they really wanted one. Tricky creatures, girls. Willbe was much better with them than River was. He raised his eyebrows at her in question, hands resting on his knees.

Wren Cloverbridge

Sapphire to Gray
  • Black Widow Queen

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    47 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:10:55 PM »
❁❁❁

Wren thought she was going to go madder than her mother. Gaze pulling around to focus on the seam of his jacket’s shoulder. Mind rampant with questions. Worries. What was that shrug supposed to mean? And that sad excuse of a grin glimpsed in her peripherals?

Her sex had ruined him! Poor River. She hadn’t been very good at it the other time either.

Brow narrowing slightly she tried not to hiss. Or look up to meet his eye. What a terrible answer, though! Alive, anyway? Why wouldn’t he be alive?” Surely Iris would have protected a man on loan as dearly as she protected her own? They were friends! Had Willbe be in danger? She had barely spared the lamb a thought! Sorry excuse she was.

Summoning that endless pool of calm she stored away for just such an occasion Wren let it erupt across her own barriers. Spilling over lightly. Reaching for River without being so forward as to touch. She wouldn’t make him accept the soothing if he didn’t want to. Couldn’t find the words to say it was a tentative offering of affection. A want for him to feel... less down than he looked.

It took him a long while, in comparative River reaction time, to answer. Usually so excitable. Quick to giggle or sigh or whistle-snarl. Not today. He seemed... soft around the edges. Out of sorts.

Her queening had ruined him. Even if he lied so nicely for her sake.

Fiddling with the chain of her Gray she picked words carefully. ”I would rather you be... better than just fine.” Wanted him to grin and giggle. Not that she could look him in the eye to see the way his cheeks folded into that exasperating smirk. Just the thought made the skin between her cheek bones and earlobs pink.

Having the question turned back at her was twice as blush inducing. Forcing the color down her throat. Strange. Unused to more than a passing sort of concern from others. Her shoulder lifted. Vision suddenly shifting to a far away nowhere. Memories not her own. ”Yes. I’m glad I came to see her.”

River Well

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    46 Posts    39 marks
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 03:50:21 PM »

"Alive!" He defended, hands up, grin lopsided, one side of his face sloping. His giggle almost deep enough to be a chuckle. Poor Willbe! The Prince was in for some hell when they got home. That was fine. River didn't want to be the only one to suffer her wrath. "He's not hurt or anything." River promised, sliding into the pool of her calm. Opening his barriers to it.

Knee first, then the rest of him, sliding over a few inches in his seat. So that they almost faced each other. So that he could sit in her power, let it soothe him. At least she cared that much. It was more than enough. River could give her personal space. Better some distance than to be dismissed completely.

He could survive anything so long as he was able to stay close. To serve in an capacity she needed or wanted him to. Didn't even care if it was scrubbing the floors she walked on. Watching her from beneath his eyebrows. Trying to be small, calm. Not the beast he'd been in the night, needing direction to give her any pleasure at all.

"Ah..." He didn't know how to answer that. To be what she asked. Noticed she wouldn't look directly at him, now that she was done threatening him over Willbe. A peculiar thing he'd never felt before bubbled up from his stomach. River had no name for it. But he had an idea it was what Willbe was always going on about. What everyone thought he should suffer with. Be consumed by.

Shame.

"I'll do my best." Easy enough to promise, even though River didn't know how to do it. He'd always just been himself. Existed as he was. Whatever he was feeling. But if Wren needed him to be another way, then that was the way he needed to be. It was written down somewhere in a big book of rules, he was sure. Not quite Protocol but something else. He'd managed to learn the first, he could do this other thing too. Smiling painfully as she blushed.

But she still wasn't look, so River put his teeth away, folded his hands in his lap. Shoulder bowing over his thighs. Elbows to hips. Bone to bone.

"Did you find what you wanted to know?"

Wren Cloverbridge

Sapphire to Gray
  • Black Widow Queen

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    47 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 02:23:38 AM »
❁❁❁

”Good.” Wren huffed lightly. Realizing with a tinge of guilt she might have overreacted. Put out too much emotion. Settling back into the seat cushions she considered reach out herself. Asking Willbe if he was really alright. But she was surprised by the intensity of her relief. It felt an awful lot like attachment.

So did the way River eased into her calming spell. Let probes she hadn’t even meant to send, lick at his barriers. More familiar now she noticed the change right away. Felt his ever present drive to please her. Cheeks hot she shied away, back behind her own barriers. To the surety of her own steely psyche.

Fighting concern and conscious as he hesitated to respond. Took so long she nearly poked her probe out again. The lack of certainty when he did finally answer made her feel hollow. She really was ruining him! The swirling comfort of her calming spell the only thing that kept her from blurting an endless string of apologies.

All the sorrys in the world wouldn’t make her a better queen, though. Or a better person. ”Yes,” She finally agreed to his answer. Resting her hand on the seat between them. Closer to his thigh than her own body. Still not ready to look him in the eye. ”You’ve been your best for me from the start.”

Not a bad man at all. Too eager sometimes. Anxiety inducing. Oversexed. But not bad. Not what she had expected him to be at all. She was terrible, probably, for assuming he should be anything.

Wetting her lips she found the seam of his shoulder again. ”I found what I was looking for. Things I have always wondered about but been afraid to know.” She relaxed a little. Fingers making circles on the seat as she sifted and sorted the facts so that they could be explained to River. ”She has always broken, as long as I can remember. When I was small she was in the Kingdom more than she was really with me. And naturally I always wondered how she ended up that way. If the men that saw after our care were her triangle or relatives. If I had a father... if he had, done that to her in creating me.” Distracted in the telling she didn’t notice her hand tuck under his leg. Looking for a warm place, for the comfort of closeness. ”She was from Little Kaeleer. A district court queen when they met- when she met my father. Samuel. You were right, by the way, he was a warlord prince.” Eyes flickering his direction for a fraction of a second Wren called up the image she had extracted from her mother’s mind. Shared it, tentatively, with River’s opened barriers. They smiled in the same way. An almost silly sort of grin with too much lip. ”It was Amman, though. Her consort, that broke her. Fighting with her because of me.”

River Well

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    46 Posts    39 marks
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 04:34:58 PM »

River sighed and relaxed at her side, into her calming spell. Barriers soft and welcoming to the probes that slid across them. But Wren did not come in, retreating instead behind her own barriers. River did not chase her this time. She didn't like him coming in without an invitation. Or really knocking to ask permission either. So he remained in his own barriers, open for her, but not pursuing.

Eyes sliding toward her hand as it half reached for it. River's fingers curled, as if he clasped it in his own. He clicked his teeth together, debating if it was meant for him, or simply there. Unsure if he was supposed to take it or leave it be. It was very close. Almost touching. Eyebrows furrowing, he decided against it. Wished Willbe were there to tell him if that was the right answer or not.

So much better at reading people than River was.

"I try," River mumbled, the tips of his ears red. It was strange to hear her say. Usually she was hissing at him for barging in where he wasn't wanted. Though she had thanked him, when they were with her mother. River scratched the tip of his nose, eyes darting sideways again. At the hand that lingered near him, to the face that wouldn't look directly at him. But at least she was talking. The silence had almost been unbearable.

River made soft noises to encourage her talking. He'd learned them at parties and dinner tables. Ways to keep the conversation flowing without interrupting. He was listening. He was interested. He was holding careful still as her hand slipped beneath his thigh. Closed his eyes to hide their rolling. Mocking himself, not his queen, because he could feel it stirring. That thing better left sleeping while she was trying to talk to him.

Explain to him about delicate, personal things. Shifting, River stuck an elbow to his knee, and propped his cheek in his palm. Attention turned toward Wren. The fold of his body hiding the thickness in his pants. Glad for their loose cut. Each pair tailored just for that reason. Some things he could not control.

"So I was." He smiled at the image, eyes creasing. Glad she would come close enough to share it with. The feel of Wren on the inside. It was different than Wren on the outside. River liked it. The intimacy. Head nodding as he listened to the rest of her story, not wanting to divert her. Wondering if it bothered her that they were similar.

Something in River roiled. Dark and glittering. It was the real thing that made his Ebon-grey dangerous. The caste behind the Jewel. The temper behind the smile. Stirred at the thought of broken queens.

"Why was he fighting over you?" River could imagine fighting for Wren, but not squabbling of child Wren. Or belly Wren. Whatever she had been then, when this thing had happened. He would have come closer, but he was worried about hurting her hand. One of his own sliding around her elbow. "Did he pay?" River asked softly, promise behind the question. The promise of retribution if it hadn't already been meted out.

Wren Cloverbridge

Sapphire to Gray
  • Black Widow Queen

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    47 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 06:46:10 PM »
❁❁❁

A touch of color. Not her own this time. Rosy ears drawing her eyes up. Very aware of the rest of him- which she carefully kept a blur along the outside of her focus. Careful, very careful not to accidentally meet his eyes. She was not ready to face what had passed yet. Not sure what it would change, and she hadn’t come to terms with the way things were before. Or the things she’d learned. One adjustment at a time; that seemed better she thought. Seemed like something she could manage.

More surprise as River turned out to be a rather good listener. And Wren surprised herself by being unusually chatty. She hadn’t put any of it in her journal yet. That was the problem, she told herself. It needed out, and she hadn’t laid it out for picking over in private. He had come all this way and been so good to her and Barbra. Telling River would be alright. He had earned that much.

Only the littlest bit worried as he shifted. Wondering if she was boring him. He looked comfortable enough. That easy smile flitting across his lips as she shared her mother’s memory of a man she’d never known. A warlord prince that Barbra remembered as full of laughter and easy confidence. Alike, yet very different from the warlord prince at her own side.

Eyes easing from ear to shoulder again she grew nervous as his psyche shifted. Felt the threat low in the Abyss. Not to herself, she was fairly sure, but it was there. ”I suppose it was jealousy...” The memory was blurry. To close to the moment of trauma. ”He seemed determined to convince her that he was my father. But she knew that he was not. She wanted to end his contract. He just” Gesturing with one hand she realized the other hand slipped down his leg to grip his knee. For whose comfort she didn’t know. Didn’t think it mattered either. ”exploded. With his Green.”

For a second she reviewed the pieces of the scene she had borrowed from Barbra’s mind. ”I almost took them. The memories. So she wouldn’t have to see them again. He was so brave though, Samuel- he loved her I think. Didn’t even bother with himself, didn’t even hesitate. Just shielded her, us I suppose. The Opal just wasn’t strong enough, or losing him that way was too much.” Broken.

Turning her face towards his shoulder Wren focused on the calming spell. Let it flow through her instead of just around them. Channeled into her so she could press it into him. Hand on his knee harder. Knowing she couldn’t lie, and he wouldn’t like the answer. ”I don’t know what happened to Amman after. She didn’t know.”

She wasn’t afraid through. He was no match for her Gray. Didn’t stand a snowflake’s chance in a fire pit again River’s Ebon-gray.

River Well

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    46 Posts    39 marks
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »

The beast prowled. Snarls silent behind watchful brown eyes. Picking memories from emotions. Carefully sorting what was Wren's and what was her mother's. Better that the pieces fit rather than merge. River needed to know the difference so that the margins didn't blur. So that he didn't cross any lines.

Slowly he reached out to cover her hand with his own. Fingers slipping over Wren's, palm curling over the back of her hand. Wrist to wrist. Nostrils flaring as he breathed in her nervousness. Head tilting as he tried to decide if she was afraid of him or not. Had no way to reassure her other than make grand promises she wouldn’t believe anyway. Surely her mother had never believe her consort would shatter her Jewels in a burst of jealous rage. He and Wren were not even as close as that.

One night of sex and near sleeping did not a consort make.

”Makes sense.” The thing to do, protect your queen. It was the first edict. The rule that ruled all others. No one and nothing could make him break it. River agreed that a child and queen were worth dying for. ”I’m sorry you had to see it.” Glad she’d found her answers. Drinking in her calming spell, River came closer, free hand curling around her shoulder. Trying to draw her closer to the one she looked at since she refused to look him in the eyes. He could offer comfort too. Had seen it done a thousand times.

Shoulders for crying on. Let her clutch his knee as hard as she liked. Didn’t really expect her to cry. But she had surprised him before with tears.

”Maybe we’ll find out. But I don’t think anyone could punish him worse than he is punishing himself.” River wanted to though. To punish him. For Wren and her mother both. Maybe let him suffer the same fate. Jewels broken and body sundered from its power. To wander lost, stripped of all the things lover best. At least Barbara had had Wren. At least River had Wren. Wren with her soothing craft to keep his temper from racing outside the confines of the carriage. Past his shields and out into the wide world.

Maybe later. If Wren chose to let him.

”Are you well?” He whispered. Wanting to crush her to his chest. To wrap her in so many shields no one would ever be able to reach her but him. To dip his face into her hair and neck and breathe her in. Knew she was safe but thought she could be safer if he could just get closer. Touch more.

Wren Cloverbridge

Sapphire to Gray
  • Black Widow Queen

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    47 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »
❁❁❁

Hand stretching tentatively under his Wren made room for his fingers to fit between her own. Soothing and warm over her knuckles. Tickling against her palm. Thumb settling over his as the carriage rattled on. She flexed her own fingers a little, like a squeeze. For his benefit, she was sure. To signal it was an alright touch. Even if she didn’t look him in the eye. Couldn’t, look him in the eye.

”Oh,” Wren had not expected any sort of pity. Shoulder rolling up she disagreed, ”I’m not.” She didn’t elaborate. Wasn’t quite sure how to explain. There was something empowering. Reassuring in knowing the truth. Her mother had not been failed, or let down. Wren was not the terrible result and reminded of some assault.

They had been loved. Men had died for Barbra, more than once. Flinching at the guilt for her part Wren sank into the side offered. Nose pressing to the bony edge of River’s shoulder. Hidden but not padded by the handsome fabric of his suit. She knew the feel of that shoulder now, knew the line of it undressed. Lanky boy with his helpless hips. It was stained behind her eyes, the face he made when he filled her. And she couldn’t stop blushing about it.

Sighing in frustration at her own ridiculousness Wren pressed her forehead to his arm. Turning her face to the side, cheek on him still as he spoke. A steely something in her chest growing cold. ”I’m not so sure about that.” She could think of a few vile punishments. And now she had a face and name to search her webs for.

There was a danger in such indulgence of emotion now, though. She could feel River drinking on the calming spell that kept the climate in the carriage tolerable. Kept them from fueling one another’s rage. Becoming a dangerous witchstorm that could turn the territory into ash. Maybe even the realm.

They could though. She held the dark thought deep in the bottom of her heart. They could do that together if need be.

Eyes flicking up for a second she nodded. Red faced, hand gripping at his knee. ”How could I not be? I’ve a whole Warlord Prince Well to ensure it.” Were they friends now? She wasn’t sure. The sex made it complicated and awkward. Made her feel achy and shy. ”I’m not... ashamed.” She promised. Wetting her lips, hoping he realized she had changed the subject without her having to say so.

”Not that it happened with you. Just that it happened, in general. I didn’t... control the situation. Or myself... the right way.” Heart thundering in her chest Wren buried her forehead against his shoulder again. Everyone was going to know. She couldn’t keep herself, or her warlord prince, leashed without using her vagina. The shame flushed her from head to toe. And she’d forgotten even forgotten all about poor Willbe. 

River Well

Sapphire to Ebon-gray
  • Warlord Prince

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    46 Posts    39 marks
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 11:52:27 PM »

He had not expected her to accept his comfort. Not really. Offered it because he knew he ought. Seen it done before. Body offered up as a place to shed tears or pummel fists. A safe place to vent some emotion out as needed. Never really done it himself. Never had his chest beat or his jacket wetted with tears.

But it was nice. Wren didn’t cry or hit, but she used his body as a safe place to lay some of her burdens. Deeper emotions that didn’t rise or spill over as quickly. Maybe because of her calming spell, or maybe just because it was Wren. River didn’t know. He just made himself available. Body, ears. Whatever she needed. Free hand running up her back.

Smile twitching at her temper, River giggled.

”Willbe’s the healer.” Some hurts River couldn’t shield her from. And maybe some Willbe couldn’t heal, but he thought it more useful. The healing. For the things that did get through. His ego was thoroughly stroked, however. He did try. And he liked the way she still held his knee. Fingers threaded together, hers digging into his joint. He must have been doing a good job.

”Is there a right way?” River asked, cheek brushing her hair. He was glad she was not ashamed. He was, a little. He had not been as good as he’d meant to. Needing her direction to see the deed done to her satisfaction. But she’d kept him from following the spiral down. From letting his power slip out of his control. Or even advance out into the streets with his control. ”No one got hurt. And you checked in with everyone else.” For River it was that simple. Whatever measure necessary to keep the innocent from dying along with the guilty.

Better broken barns than broken people.

River pulled her closer.

”There is nothing to be ashamed of. Its just sex, Wren.” More than that. But it didn’t have to be. Not if it upset her. ”Everyone does it and no one cares. Most don’t even have a good reason for doing it.” Other than it felt good and they wanted to. ”I won’t tell, if that’s what you’re worried about.” At least he would try not to. It would he hard not to rub it in Willbe’s face. Just a little.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open since 2017, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

FALL - AW103

The seasons will change on 11/20.

Recent Topics

Dahl, Audun by kayndred
[Today at 02:12:20 AM]

Ready for Review by kayndred
[Today at 02:11:45 AM]

Mistress Mafia by kayndred
[Yesterday at 10:33:39 PM]

Our Bodies Safe to Shore [cw] by Roan Bélanger
[Yesterday at 06:42:09 AM]

Plots and ships and drama oh my! by Jenn
[September 19, 2020, 07:10:06 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Hand to the Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner