Henrich Av Norr

Blood Opal to Red
  • Warlord
  • Played By: dergon

Glacia Kaeleer
    14 Posts    0 marks
Mothers and fathers
« on: May 05, 2019, 07:57:24 AM »

Once they were properly separated - truthfully, Henni wasn't sure a house between them was enough - Henrich left guard duty to space and household staff. Taking a sharp left, he angled down a small stairwell that brought him to Eydis' study. He did not knock, knowing he was expected, but walked in and secured the door behind him while making a face at his queen.

"I'm getting too old for this." He complained. "You it keeps young, but I'm sure I just had a decade shaved off my life." He bent over her chair and pressed a kiss to her cheek, taking comfort in her nearness. And the fact that she had the depth of strength to keep the house from falling in around their ears. Which they were in serious danger of.

"I'm not sure this is wise, Honey." Sitting across from her, Henrich bounced an ankle on his knee and leaned over his own legs. "He's befuddled and she's..." He waved his hand, indicating his low opinion of the Harpy. Henrich didn't dislike the girl. She had heart and backbone, but no damned sense. And she was a harpy! "Mine, he calls her, without even realizing it, I think. And definitely not understanding the meaning."

Scrubbing his face, Henrich leaned back, one half of his mouth smiling as he shook his head. "And you should have seen her, planting herself between us like she thought I was going to steal her favorite toy." The girl was a menace. Henrich still thought they should send her back to Fyrkat just to see the city in shambles and make their own lives twice as easy.

Eydis Greenstone

Red to Ebon-gray
  • Queen
  • Played By: Jones

Mom of Glacia
    Glacia Kaeleer
    13 Posts    107 marks
Re: Mothers and fathers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 12:52:31 AM »
Looking up from her pre-dinner glass of wine Eydis giggled at Henrich’s ridiculous expression. ”Careful or it’ll stick.” She warned. Sitting up straighter in her armchair to set her long stemmed glass on the side table she turned her cheek expectantly as he swooped in. Hand lifting to pat jaw as he gave her a peck. Humming in sympathy she promised, ”Nonsense. You’ll live all the longer for being kept on your toes.”

Henrich was nervous. Not tense in the way of some men, thank Mother Night. Stress had never made him coil up, rather he curled for the strike like a snake. Alert, watchful, sure of his aim. All his energy always had direction. Intent. It was a comfort to Eydis who had spent a great portion of the last 50 years wrangling the silly, rambling, wayward sort. There was just nothing better than a man settled into his own ability. Except perhaps one that trusted you to be settled as well. ”I can’t say I disagree. There’s a reason he’s called Danger.”

Mostly that reason was no one remembered his real name. Eydis did, but his reaction to her using it had warned her off trying. She listened to Henrich’s worries in silence. A sympathetic smile turning up one side of her mouth. His fears were as sensible as ever. All well founded in fact. But they were still wrong. In her humble opinion at least. ”We don’t get to choose, Hen.” She reminded him.

”Not who Mother Night blesses as a queen. Or which people she puts in their path.” It was frightening. The boy had suffered but he had killed too. Purposefully or not. Age and intent alone were his saving graces. Plenty thought he should be exiled- or executed. The poor prince included. ”How can he understand what it means when he’s been ostracized from boyhood? It can only be a good thing- giving him something to protect. Something to make him even more careful.”

As for Iskra. Well. They shared a knowing grin. After a moment Eydis giggled into her wine glass. Hair gone white some years before, it bobbed around her ears as if it were playing games with the looped earrings she wore. ”She probably thought you’d hoist him out. Queens are quite protective, you know. It’s only natural for her to be a little fiercer than usual.” Knee over knee she leaned forward, settling her glass down again. ”Do you think they realize what’s happening? That it’s a heartbond?”

Henrich Av Norr

Blood Opal to Red
  • Warlord

Glacia Kaeleer
    14 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 08:11:02 PM »

Henrich snorted. ”More like I’ll need new boots every season.” There was more of a chance he’d lived to be an old man now that he no longer actively captained a ship. But he’d discovered that he’s retired from one set of troubles to pick up another. Queens were far more fulfilling than shipmates, but harder on the nerves. Even his, who was as steady and clever as they came.

”And we still welcome him in with free room and board.” Pressing forward in his seat, Henrich seemed to be lending physical weight to his worries. And it was a weight that pressed on him. He bore it on shoulders and soul. To keep Odense safe, and their queen well protected above all. Not just with fleets of skilled captains, but with advice. He was a tactician! And she was smiling at him.

”I know we don’t. I just wish the Great Mother would be a little more circumspect.” Like some queens he knew. Sometimes he thought Eydis enjoyed Iskra’s wildness a bit too much. Promoting rather than tempering it. But training queens was not his business. He made captains of boys and prayed to the Darkness for the rest. ”I doubt he’s found a girl to inspire careful.” He did show good sense though, Henrich had to admit. Danger didn’t seem blind to what an idiot Iskra was.

”You laugh! I think you encourage her behind my back!” Henrich accused, wagging a finger. He leaned back in his seat however. He could only be so worried when his queen was not. No one else was a better judge of men and boys. ”I think they’re both too young and stupid to realize much. They’ll probably mistake it for lust and we’ll have a whole new problem on our hands.” Some men did. Thought it was love and not service pounding in their hearts.

”Its there though, even if they haven’t realized.” They moved together. Iskra to defend, Danger to soothe. Henrich shook his head, reaching out to take Eydis’ wine for himself. ”Mother Night have mercy on us. What do we do?” Because something had to he done, surely.

Eydis Greenstone

Red to Ebon-gray
  • Queen
  • Played By: Jones

Mom of Glacia
    Glacia Kaeleer
    13 Posts    107 marks
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 12:23:32 PM »
”Many, many seasons Mother Night willing.” Eydis told him with a wink. As if she had won some grand game of word play. Of all the creatures that worked the Darkness shaped world, men drawn to court were the most morose. Always thinking of death! The ways and times and circumstances of their, and the ladies they served, imminent demise at the forefront of their minds. Henni would just have to accept that he had countless seasons of boot buying ahead.

Palms up she shrugged slowly. ”He doesn’t have any marks.” She teased. A tendril of calming craft crept up her arms and into her fingers. Reaching for his knee she tried to be reassuring. ”If we don’t give him a chance, we’re as responsible for what becomes of that boy as the people who damaged him are. I can keep from hurting anyone here. I can’t keep him from doing that out there, or from hurting himself.” Her power was vast, but she couldn’t dedicate half of it following the danger prince with nosy probes waiting to react to what might never come.

Henrich fussed, in that way of experienced old warlords. A good balance to her own whimsy, Eydis knew, but so stuffy with the young ones! You couldn’t grow queens the way you trained captains. They were the same at their cores, but the expectations on them were so different. When he had said his piece and shook his finger at her amusement, she sighed. A deep sound that drew the emotion up out of her belly. ”I wasn’t thinking she would inspire him. I was thinking he would insist.” The queen explained. Smile soft but wicked ”You’re right,thought, I do encourage her. If it’s behind your back you need only turn around to see.”

The rest of his assumptions were less easy to be amused by. Leaning back she tapped her bottom lip with her finger. They had discussed bonds at length. Why they happened, how to make them happen. What they were useful for, and how to make them flourish. Now they would need to discuss their effects on the bonded pair, and why they were such a heavy responsibility. ”Maybe it is lust. I think every queen goes to bed with her first bonded man. It’s one of those things you just do. A test of your new power, same as every new Captain has to tries a steep dive with his ship.” Which presented a new set of problems.

At least that made the answers to his last question easy. ”We get that girl her Virgin Night before young and stupid ends badly. Then we see if she can convince him to see a Black Widow. And give that boy a name.” Sipping the wine when he had returned her glass Eydis gave him a wide eyed grin. ”Which reminds me. Sol wrote not that long ago. Complaining about your boy. He’s got a woman in Meols, rumor has it. You might start there with the looking.”

Henrich Av Norr

Blood Opal to Red
  • Warlord

Glacia Kaeleer
    14 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 03:42:21 AM »

Henrich was too much a tactician not to know when to surrender. There were plenty of tricks for getting out if tight circumstances. And a few instances when death without surrender were required if not preferable. For the moment he was beat, and death unnecessary. Covering the hand on his knee, he gave up. ”Very well. But will she be able to manage him?” If the girl had a lick of calming craft she’d never turned it on Henrich. Trying instead to bully or lie her way through him.

He was not certain those tactics would work any better on Danger. And Iskra did not have the Jewel strength to contain him or protect herself from him either. It was not for him to get in the way of a queen and her man. Though he could interfere plenty between a girl and her prince.

”Don’t sigh at me like that.” He fussed, putting his finger away and turning a wary eye on her. Just as liking to imply wisdom or scold back with that breath. She did both. Henrich pressed his lips together in thought. ”We can hope.” He wished the prince luck in that endeavor. He was going to need it. ”See now Honey, this is why she never listens to me!” Smile hid behind the bristle of his beard, Henrich squeezed her hand in forgiveness.

”Only the good ones.” Henrich rumbled in amusement. Too old now for pointless ship dives. And wholly turned off them after training Perry to fly a ship. That had been different than training a captain, however. Mother Night he hated to think of the little harpy trying to bed the city leveling prince. It made him shudder and knock back half of Eydis’ wine before returning it. ”A name? Hasn’t he got one already?” He could only nod agreement for the virgin night and black widow. Though he doubted anyone but the cocksure or foolish would want to do either job.

Henrich snorted. ”Perry? Keeping a woman?” He shook his head at her and her sassy mouth, fingers swiping at her wine glass. ”He’s The Runner, Honey, and it’s not just the law and queens he runs from.” Chuckling, Henrich stroked his bear. But it sat on his shoulder, that news. A woman in Meols. He would have to go see for himself since he needed to find Perry anyway. Sure it was false, but curious if it were true. A woman. He’d never expected.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SUMMER - AW103

The seasons will change on 4/19.

Recent Topics

Our Bodies Safe to Shore by Zephyrine Bélanger
[Today at 01:47:24 AM]

Testing boundaries [cw] by Iskra Graves
[February 18, 2020, 07:04:16 PM]

Faucheux, Solene by dergon
[February 18, 2020, 05:52:26 PM]

Transactions by kayndred
[February 18, 2020, 12:11:43 AM]

Unexpected expectations [cw] by Briar
[February 17, 2020, 12:49:58 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Hand to the Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner