Quick Start Guide
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:58:52 PM »
Quick Start Guide
covering questions & fiddly bits

Welcome to Witchlight!

We started in 2017 as an AU Black Jewels site. Since then we have grown into something a little more diverse, adding in new races, territories and craft, but our roots are still deeply embedded in Anne Bishop's world.

If you like fantasy, intrigue, and world shaping power, consider joining us. We're the fantasy site you should have always been looking for.

The F.A.Q

Q: What are the differences between canon lore and WL lore?
A:
  • None of the book events have happened here.
  • It is more welcoming to LBGQT characters.
  • We do not have Demon Dead.
  • We do not allow Rings of Obedience.

Q: How do I create a subaccount?
A: You can find subaccounts under "Modify Profile", "Manage Subaccounts". Use the "Create/Link" option at the bottom of the page to create a new subaccount.

There are no limits to the number of subaccounts you can create or characters you can have.

Q: Do I have to fill out all the profile information?
A: Doing so ensures that your face-claim is registered and that your character's Jewels, Caste, and other information appears in their mini-profile. Simply select "Forum Profile" from the "Profile" drop down and have at it.

Note: Currently the list is broken down into Male/Female so a Gender does have to be selected until we can code a better system.

Q: What are Marks?
A: Marks are an onsite currency you earn. With them you can buy items in the shop from Territories to Player Castes. We offer an obscene amount of roll options and even Jewel Sets in the shop. Troller not giving you an Ebon-grey? Go buy one!

Q: How do I earn Marks?
A:
  • Character Approval: 25 marks.
  • Completed Threads: 25 marks per page, no cap.
  • Racial Lore: 50 marks.
  • Territory Lore: 75 marks.

Q: Wait, I can buy a Territory?
A: Yes! You can buy your own Territory to create lore for and run. In fact, you can buy up to three. They are 7,500, 15,000, and 25,000 Marks respectively.

Q: How do I use items I have purchased in the shop?
A: To redeem items you have purchased, or received from a giveaway, use the Transactions thread.

Quick Links

What’s better than one shiny? Why, three shinies, of course!	   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   How nice! This item allows you to re-roll the Jewels on one character sheet for free.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 20% more marks for a completed thread.   What’s better than one shiny? Why, three shinies, of course!	   What’s better than one shiny? Why, three shinies, of course!	   Wow, it's really heavy!   Ready to get your territory lore approved? This item is for first time territory makers.