• Played By: Salem

Mercenary for Hire
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    16 Posts    0 marks
Safe & Sound
« on: January 22, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Live like you'll never live it twice

Morilinde always had a habit of underestimating just how much trouble she was in at any given time. Snooping around Dhemlan while Witch had been active had cost her dearly, an ache that still haunted her on the best of nights. Sniffing around Iris’s court too seemed to be bordering on the same level of danger. The woman had attracted more dark jewels since taking Wycome and she had taken to making herself scarce at court. They were the queenlig’s problem. Josiah was more than safe and her skin crawled too much for her to keep still.

More so with Elia being back.

There were hunts and things, money to be made while Little Terreille’s elites tore each other apart. Food was short. It was only a matter of time before they started eating each other alive, both figuratively and literally. Mori wasn’t so sure she wanted to stick around for that. Light jeweled nobodies tended to disappear first and quickest. And she was still a nobody. No matter her position or what Josiah or Iris had to say in the matter. She was a nameless waif that changed her name every hundred years or so, they had names and families and positions that would warrant people looking for them if they turned up dead.

Well, she had people too. Two people. One of whom she hadn’t seen in what seemed like forever. Now that was trouble of a different sort. Trouble of the sort that she sincerely hoped could be smoothed over with gifts and kisses. She had been gone too long. Mori would admit that, readily so, had admitted it to Elia when he’d returned smelling of their little lamb. Too long gone and there was little to do for it beyond present herself and hope the scolding wasn’t too severe. The last one was still ringing in her ears even as she made her way to the address Elia had so lovingly provided.

Little Lamb. She called along a private thread once she was close enough to. Can I come in? Gloved fingers tracing patterns on the glass of the window before she finally did the proper thing and knocked on the door. No gifts this time. She’d come back with them when she was certain she wouldn’t get more than a scolding.

Hei

Hei-Ryung Seu

• Inactive Character
  • witch
  • Little Terreille Kaeleer
    9 Posts    169 marks
Re: Safe & Sound
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 12:40:48 PM »
Ever since Elia and her had parted, she had thought of the message she’d asked him to deliver. It was the simplest thing. Tell Mori where to find me. Truly the simplest thing. It barely even counted as a request. Yet she had been humming with rage ever since.

She had been waiting so long. So long. Mori had disappeared without a word, without a hint as to where she had went. And then it wasn’t days or weeks without a word. It was weeks first, then months. It had been a year now. A whole year! There were no messages. Nothing letting Hei-Ryung know if she was even alive at all. The last time she’d vanished, she’d ended up broken back to her birthright.

The worry had set in first. Deep, deep into her bones. It had invaded her body and made itself at home, making her ill with it. She had checked all the usual places. There was no word left for her. No sign that her friend... no, that wasn’t right. Mori was so much more than a mere friend. They had too much history, too much between them. No word that her person was even alive at all. The longer the silence stretch, the more likely it seemed that surely she was gone forever.

She’d never put Hei through that willingly, right?

Mori and Elia was all she had in the world. All that mattered at least. To face losing that, how did one face that without blinding fury? Anger blocked everything out after all.

Yet then she felt her. Little Lamb. It sent shivers down her spine. So quickly that rage faded to anger, to annoyance.

No no no. It wasn’t fair. Mori had to be sorry. She had to know what she had done wasn’t right. Leaving like that, it just wasn’t right. She couldn’t melt yet. It was far too soon.

She hesitated a moment, hearing the knock before responding on the same spear. Come in. Hei dissolved her lock, leaving it able to be opened and entered. She tried to keep the frost in her voice. She stood far back, wanting every bit of distance between them. She couldn’t be her little lamb right now. A lamb was too gentle for the scolding that Mori deserved. It needed delivered. It had to be said between them. She wouldn’t pretend nothing had happened this time.

”What do you have to say for yourself, Mori?” she asked, her voice quiet but raw. Her arms were crossed over her chest, her back half turned towards the door, keeping her face in shadow. Hiding in plain sight.

Morilinde

Tiger Eye to Broken Rose
  • Witch
  • Played By: Salem

Mercenary for Hire
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    16 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 08:35:06 PM »
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Live like you'll never live it twice

Trouble was the one thing Mori always underestimated. Trouble like the trouble she walked into from the sound of Hei’s voice. Oh Mother Night. No wonder Elia had opted to remain elsewhere. It was for the best most likely, this was her battle and not even one she wanted to fight. Bracing for the scolding was perhaps worse than the actual scolding and she could only just school her face into a sheepish grin.

“Saying sorry won’t help will it?” Of course it wouldn’t. She’d known that from the moment she’d realized that Hei was here and not pleased with her.

Heaving a breath, Mori let the door shut behind her before finally turning to get a decent look at Hei. “I shouldn’t have run off like that.” Spreading her arms, palms out, she took a careful step forward and then another until she was close enough to touch. “I ran off to chase a job and I got caught up.” Caught up being the gentle explanation. Mother Night knew she’d dodged death enough at Iris’s court that she was lucky to even be here. “But I’m here now and I’m alive and whole.” Much better than the last time but she was careful not to state that out loud.

Hei

Hei-Ryung Seu

• Inactive Character
  • witch
  • Little Terreille Kaeleer
    9 Posts    169 marks
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 04:01:29 AM »
Hei’s eyes narrowed as she tried to decipher Mori’s tone. Was she truly being glib? Well, she had never been the most emotional sort of person. Perhaps in temper, but hardly in sensitivity. No, that was Hei’s job in their little trio. She was the one to look after the other two, keep them in line, intuitively know their needs, their emotions, their thoughts. To calculate rather than react.

But humor was Morilinde’s fallback. It was a second skin that she wore, deflecting whatever she wished to avoid like armor. This was a situation they had never faced. Little Lamb was not the one with the temper. She was the one who understood and kept a cool head. The one who made concessions to soothe the others. Not tonight.

”Would you even know what you’re apologizing for?” she asked, her voice treacherously soft. Chances were, Mori thought almost nothing of the whole situation. An apology meant nothing if it was only said to rid Hei of her anger. To make her docile and calm once more. ”Are you even actually sorry?”

That was what it boiled down to really. Of course she had worried about Morilinde - how could she not? But there was also the bitter sting of it all. To feel like an afterthought. To have that feeling turn into completely being abandoned and forgotten altogether it seemed. An afterthought would have been a message sent weeks late. A year without nothing felt a whole lot like not caring at all.

”No, you shouldn’t have.” She watched with cold ire in her eyes as Mori slowly moved closer. But her words failed to satisfy. It was an explanation, and assurance... no repentance in sight. She wasn’t trying to apologize, she was trying to get out of trouble. Not to mention the pauses that contained Mother Night only knew what details that were going unsaid. Who really knew the sort of danger she’d been facing with whatever this job of hers was.

Hei shook her head, pressing her lips together as she walked away, to an opposite corner of the room, as though the space would calm her any. She felt as though she was vibrating with anger, and worst of all, she hated feeling that way. She hated the hum of it, the way it make her stomach twist until she felt sick. None of this was okay. None of it.

Finally she sighed heavily. ”I am glad you are well and whole. That is a relief to know since I was given more than enough time to assume the worst.” Her voice was almost eerily level. She was staring at a wall rather than her fox. Her savior. That only made it all sting all the more.

”Clearly I was the only one concerned though. Here I’ve been, worrying, searching for you. Because you see, I actually give a damn. I guess caring slipped your mind too. You’ve always been one to be caught up[/i[ as you so neatly put it, but I always thought that we were the exceptions, Elia and I. I never once thought you could be so painfully self-absorbed to just forget about my existence for not just weeks, but a year. An entire year where I simply never crossed your mind. No, it simply didn’t occur to you to leave a message any of the dozens of places you could have. To even try to contact me. No, it wasn’t convenient for whatever plot you’ve got yourself caught up in I’m sure, so why bother, right? I guess all this time, I was what to you, a pet? A convenient tool? Something you could discard whenever you got bored with it who would just be so grateful to you that you just wouldn’t have to think about it?”

Her voice had begun with that same calmness, but had quickly risen in pitch and volume, filling with emotion as her eyes filled with tears. This was the truth of it. At the core. It wasn’t just about the worry, though that had been a torture all its own. It had been the betrayal after all these centuries together. After all this time believing they were one thing when it seemed that had been Mori’s longest con of all.

Though if Hei was being honest herself, she had never realized she could feel this angry, or this hurt. All the time brewing and skulking hadn’t prepared her to actually face Mori after all. She finally turned to face her fellow witch, hating the tears that fell down her cheeks all the while. Her voice sounded hoarse and hollow now that her volume had softened.

”Well, congrats, Morilinde. You did it. You fooled me all this time. But you also miscalculated. It doesn’t matter how grateful I am for that day back in Dhemlan all those years ago. I’m not some docile little thing that doesn’t care. Your actions have consequences, and I’m not just going to forgive you because you bat your eyes and say please.”

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open for over a year, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SUMMER - AW103

The seasons will change on 4/19.

Recent Topics

Our Bodies Safe to Shore by Zephyrine Bélanger
[Today at 01:47:24 AM]

Testing boundaries [cw] by Iskra Graves
[February 18, 2020, 07:04:16 PM]

Faucheux, Solene by dergon
[February 18, 2020, 05:52:26 PM]

Transactions by kayndred
[February 18, 2020, 12:11:43 AM]

Unexpected expectations [cw] by Briar
[February 17, 2020, 12:49:58 PM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Fellowship
Companions | Open Jewels | Kaeleer
Plaguebearers

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner